The Official Tennessee vs. Georgia Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPNU

Looked a little tired as well. Maybe he won't be partying out until 2 a.m. Anymore the night before a game if what was posted is true.

Yeah, Hubbs sure seems like a guy who partied until 2 am the night before a game no? So you're buying into a rumor with your "if what was posted is true" comment. You want it to be true because you don't like Hubbs.

Reactions: 1 person
If Hubbs "bum knee" effects him this much, it's time Barnes sits him as we have plenty of other capable players. I appreciate him trying to play through the pain but there comes a time it is a detriment instead of actually helping the team. He has basically been " injured" his entire career anyway.

Ok, then sit some other "capable" players too then....everybody else outside of Hubbs and Williams was 13-33....should they all sit too? He had an off night shooting the ball, happens to everybody, especially when you're playing injured. Hubbs needs to be on the floor as much as possible, which is what Barnes knows, if we want to win.

•Lose to UK and USCe and win out.
•Beat UK and USCe and can lose two others.
•Any combination of wins and losses that leaves us at 3-3 in the final 6 games, plus 2 wins in the SECT.

There are several scenarios that keep us alive. Our margin for error was minimized today, but it isn't the end of the world like the Chicken Littles are claiming.

17-13 regular season, 19-14 overall gets us in? I don't think so. Simply you're opinion that can also be categorized as "not remotely accurate".

And as far as "several scenarios", we're waiting on the others........

One very viable scenario, that's not much different than yours, and which is more likely to get us into the tournament, is the one he listed....split with Ky and SCar, and win the others.

Last edited:
17-13 regular season, 19-14 overall gets us in? I don't think so. Simply you're opinion that can also be categorized as "not remotely accurate".

Yep. This team will have to be on fire the rest of the season and into the SECT to make the NCAA. Got a LOT of work to do to make the NIT as well. After blowing yet another lead, I really think we have to beat the teams we're supposed to and beat either USC or UK to have a real shot....and that's a tall order for this roster. Not impossible, but yesterday along with MSU were killer losses. I keep telling myself that this is a young team, but these aren't "freshmen" anymore. They've got enough seasoning that they just shouldn't keep blowing leads like this.

One very viable scenario, that's not much different than yours, and which is more likely to get us into the tournament, is the one he listed....split with Ky and SCar, and win the others.

Isn't this also your opinion?
19-14 could get us in depending on the rest of the bubble team field.

But, we're TN, so I get your point.

Ok, then sit some other "capable" players too then....everybody else outside of Hubbs and Williams was 13-33....should they all sit too? He had an off night shooting the ball, happens to everybody, especially when you're playing injured. Hubbs needs to be on the floor as much as possible, which is what Barnes knows, if we want to win.

First of all, never said I " don't like " Hubbs. I think he is probably a great person, however, what I don't like is how he doesn't show up for many games, throughout his career . I knew before the season this team would go as far as Hubbs takes them. He showed in the KY game what he is capable of but then comes back and is 12-39 shooting in the past 4 games and just acts disinterested at times. I "like" Hubss, just not his inconsistency.

Isn't this also your opinion?
19-14 could get us in depending on the rest of the bubble team field.

But, we're TN, so I get your point.

It's my opinion, but I'm not the one who's telling another guy his opinion "wasn't remotely accurate". Fact is, it was, just like his was, just like mine is. He got all emotional telling him his thought wasn't remotely accurate and calling him and others who think yesterday's loss significantly hurt our NCAA tourney chances, which it undoubtedly did, that they're "chicken Little's". Well, reality is reality and, as Bill Justus just said on Doug Mathews' show, we're gonna need "a couple more good wins" to get into the tournament and, imho, at least one of them is gonna have to be vs Kentucky or SCar, like the other guy said.

It's my opinion, but I'm not the one who's telling another guy his opinion "wasn't remotely accurate". Fact is, it was, just like his was, just like mine is. He got all emotional telling him his thought wasn't remotely accurate and calling him and others who think yesterday's loss significantly hurt our NCAA tourney chances, which it undoubtedly did, that they're "chicken Little's". Well, reality is reality and, as Bill Justus just said on Doug Mathews' show, we're gonna need "a couple more good wins" to get into the tournament and, imho, at least one of them is gonna have to be vs Kentucky or SCar, like the other guy said.

If ya don't read back on some of the posts, you don't get the complete picture.
Now I know, The Rest of the Story.
GBO

Good lord, I listed 3 different possible scenarios in the post you quoted.

Bottom line, any combination of 4 wins and 2 losses that doesn't include a loss to Mizzou can get us in. 'Can' being the operative word. It doesn't make us a shoe-in, but simply put, the UGA loss doesn't eliminate us, and we don't HAVE to beat one of UK or USCe. So, the poster I quoted who said we HAD to beat USCe or UK as our only path to making it wasn't accurate. He later basically admitted as much; that there were other scenarios to get us there.

But hey, keep stepping in to champion the cause on his behalf.

I'm calling those who get emotional and manic after a loss, Chicken Littles. Those who say "We're done now", "NIT bound", No chance now" and then jump right back on the wagon after the next win. Reactionary, emotional posts like that without looking at the big picture were the target of my comments. Maybe try looking a little deeper.

I'm calling those who get emotional and manic after a loss, Chicken Littles. Those who say "We're done now", "NIT bound", No chance now" and then jump right back on the wagon after the next win. Reactionary, emotional posts like that without looking at the big picture were the target of my comments. Maybe try looking a little deeper.

NIT bound is probably pretty accurate.

NIT 75%
NCAAT 10%
Other 15%

NIT bound is probably pretty accurate.

NIT 75%
NCAAT 10%
Other 15%

It may be, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that those same emotional nancies that jumped in head first with "NIT bound" posts will be right back on the wagon if we beat UK, and rejoin in the chorus of discussion about the NCAA tournament as if they had never left or doubted. It's just silly.

In other words, it isn't just about one game, but the fan reaction from game to game. We lose to MSU, people lose their minds, then we beat Ole Miss and they are back on the bandwagon. Lose to UGA, and it's all hands on deck for a mass jumping from the Gay St bridge.

Last edited:
It may be, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that those same emotional nancies that jumped in head first with "NIT bound" posts will be right back on the wagon if we beat UK, and rejoin in the chorus of discussion about the NCAA tournament as if they had never left or doubted. It's just silly.

In other words, it isn't just about one game, but the fan reaction from game to game. We lose to MSU, people lose their minds, then we beat Ole Miss and they are back on the bandwagon. Lose to UGA, and it's all hands on deck for a mass jumping from the Gay St bridge.

So if the pattern holds, we beat KY and the bi-polar portion of the fan base is riding high once again.

VN Store

Back