Wow

Good lord man...it's UT. WTH did you expect? Tenn Cup...learn it, expect it, live it.

Disappointing. I didn't get to watch the game because I had to work in Oklahoma. :/

This is why I was saying to expect NIT in the bubble thread so you don't get disappointed. Only reason we are/were on the bubble is the rest of the bubble is terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wasn't expecting to lose to a team that had lost FIVE straight conference games.

UGA has played the three best in the league, two on the road (@UK and @USCjr). They gave all three a good test. The other two losses are less excusable, but overall they've only had one really bad loss (Oakland).

Sky isn't falling. UGA is mediocre. Unfortunately the Vols are in the same boat with a lot of young players figuring it out.

Anyone know why Bone only played 18 minutes today ?

Lack of consistency? We do have other options and if he's simply not getting it done, play Turner. Go with the hot hand. Heaven knows I wish we had a reasonable substitute for Hubbs when he's a no show. I know JJ just wasn't ready to play and the thought of him wasting a year behind Hubbs didn't make sense, but man, there have been so many games this year where I wish he'd been available to see what he could do to help us win a couple more games.

Man F the complainers. How about y'all stfu and enjoy your pre-season ranked 13, outta 14 teams, in the sec. The drive by people are pathetic and need to back to *****ing about stupid stuff in football. Get that ignorant crap outta here

I'd suggest you temper expectations and just expect huge swings in games played predominantly by freshmen. This is the 4th blown double-digit lead, so these dramatic posts following losses like this 25 games into the season are a little tired. This probably won't be the last time either. Just don't expect any lead to be safe with this bunch.

5th.

This is the 4th double-digit lead that we've blown resulting in a loss; we've blown more than 4 games in total, but managed to win somehow.

What's actually tired, though, is that a team can manage to blow so many games without fixing the issue!

Fixing the issue is simple. Another year to mature. This will be a really good team with a year experience under their belt. They'll learn how to close out games. As for now, enjoy the ride however far it takes us.

Lack of consistency? We do have other options and if he's simply not getting it done, play Turner. Go with the hot hand. Heaven knows I wish we had a reasonable substitute for Hubbs when he's a no show. I know JJ just wasn't ready to play and the thought of him wasting a year behind Hubbs didn't make sense, but man, there have been so many games this year where I wish he'd been available to see what he could do to help us win a couple more games.

Actually Barnes was trying to find someone that could STOP Frazier.
Neither Bone, Turner or Phillips was up to the task.

It was another tough loss blowing yet ANOTHER double digit lead. The team is still playing better than many expected. The NIT should be the floor with this team based on how they've played this season. They still have a shot at the tourney.

If Bowden would have made just one of those threes, I think we would have won. Momentum would have shifted back to us

VN Store

Back