The Official Tennessee vs. Ole Miss Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Network

I did say that, your claim though was I said he was definitively transferring which is not true.
Who cares what his claim was/is. At the end of the day, or when we look back on our time spent on Volnation, it doesn't matter. You spend a lot of time trying to prove others wrong. Let it go friend.

Who cares what his claim was/is. At the end of the day, or when we look back on our time spent on Volnation, it doesn't matter. You spend a lot of time trying to prove others wrong. Let it go friend.

He told me I said something I didn't, that bothers me...I get your overall point and mostly agree, but I feel if I was to post "Kroger said Barnes is gonna retire at seasons end", you would deny it and defend yourself, no?

very true lol. I mean, just let it go.

Last edited:
Why do we call wanting more minutes selfishness or greed?
Some of these guys look at their college careers as stepping stones to a career even though it might be in Europe.
Dare say if you had a college prof that was flunking you because he didn't like the shape of your nose, you'd transfer or file suit.
if a player feels he doesn't fit a system and it's in his best interest to leave for more playing time, I really don't see the need to diss his decision.
Not saying Shembari is leaving, but if he did, I'd wish him the best.
Same with McGhee, even Kasongo.

Oh absolutley I would wish him the best. But the TEAM is bigger than any one individual. My point is, if someone decides to transfer, good luck to you, but if you're complaining and transferring because you are not getting enough playing time, there is probably a reason why. Do something about it on the court. I think Barnes gives all of these young men opportunities to do that.

As I remember several were speculating AS transferring.

It definitely appeared that that was going to happen. Now it looks like Barnes keeps player's opportunities open after he sits them down. EVERYBODY on this team has responded positively. Schoefield, Parker, and Phillips all looked like they were winding down their UT careers but all are now playing important minutes while the games are undecided. So far Kasongo looks like the only player that didn't respond and earn back playing time. McGhee just flat out quit instead of fighting to earn his minutes back.

It definitely appeared that that was going to happen. Now it looks like Barnes keeps player's opportunities open after he sits them down. EVERYBODY on this team has responded positively. Schoefield, Parker, and Phillips all looked like they were winding down their UT careers but all are now playing important minutes while the games are undecided. So far Kasongo looks like the only player that didn't respond and earn back playing time. McGhee just flat out quit instead of fighting to earn his minutes back.
Phillips hasn't looked the same since the Florida benching.
Minor minutes and negligible stats.

Phillips hasn't looked the same since the Florida benching.
Minor minutes and negligible stats.

No, he's not lighting it up with offensive stats. But he's still getting almost 15 minutes per game since sitting out the entire Florida game. Barnes must be okay with his defense and role on offense. Kasongo pretty much never got back into games despite TN desperately needing size in the paint.

No, he's not lighting it up with offensive stats. But he's still getting almost 15 minutes per game since sitting out the entire Florida game. Barnes must be okay with his defense and role on offense. Kasongo pretty much never got back into games despite TN desperately needing size in the paint.

He was 20+ and had 5 double figure games before he was benched.
You're arguing that whatever the reason he was benched it was beneficial and he's back in the flow?
Sorry. don't see it.

Reactions: 1 person
He was 20+ and had 5 double figure games before he was benched.
You're arguing that whatever the reason he was benched it was beneficial and he's back in the flow?
Sorry. don't see it.

No, I'm saying that those 3 didn't give up and Barnes hasn't given up on them.

Phillips had a lot of Bone's minutes versus inferior competition before sitting out Florida.

Last edited:
Lol He scored 16 against Wisconsin and 14 against GT.
That don't wash.

He had his most minutes in those two games. He probably got those 30 points when those two focused on Hubbs and Mostella as the offense.

He was getting a lot of minutes versus the worst teams on the schedule and didn't fill up the stats sheet.

Before SP sat out at Florida, he had 30 turnovers. He's only had 3 turnovers since... about one every 40 minutes of PT.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back