The Official Tennessee vs. Ole Miss Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Network

Yes, technically it's not.

But let's be honest, realistically it's a must win. You can't lose this game tonight.

It would be damaging to postseason hopes no doubt, but I never expected Tennessee to beat Kentucky & Kansas State back to back...5-3 is what this team needs to go to keep hopes alive. A loss tonight simply means 5-2 the rest of the way, again it would become less likely obviously, but the road would still be there.

If we are saying this team goes 5-3, Kentucky and SC are the first 2 losses you take because they won't hurt you. You don't want to lose to Missouri or LSU, and Alabama at home would be next on that list of worst possible losses remaining...so you're essentially saying need to go 2-1 against: Ole Miss, UGA and Vandy at TBA.

Reactions: 1 person
It's UT. It's Hubbs. Expect injuries to derail things. Dark cloud remains over our orange nation. I expect the base vols to start quick only to lose an arm or bat or both sometime near the start of SEC play. Kinda get used to it. Yeah...I'm a negative Nancy. Who wouldn't be given our history.

It is after all the cross some of us are destined to bear.

I'm hoping we win the next 2 and then finish 3-3 down the stretch.

That is a realistic hope but the hard part will be getting the next 2.

It would be damaging to postseason hopes no doubt, but I never expected Tennessee to beat Kentucky & Kansas State back to back...5-3 is what this team needs to go to keep hopes alive. A loss tonight simply means 5-2 the rest of the way, again it would become less likely obviously, but the road would still be there.

If we are saying this team goes 5-3, Kentucky and SC are the first 2 losses you take because they won't hurt you. You don't want to lose to Missouri or LSU, and Alabama at home would be next on that list of worst possible losses remaining...so you're essentially saying need to go 2-1 against: Ole Miss, UGA and Vandy at TBA.

True; plus given this team it wouldn't be that shocking if we dropped this one then upset SC and/or UK on the road. Not likely, but no one was expecting to be even talking bubble at this point.

Being at home, I feel pretty good about getting the W.

I'm relatively confident about this one

8c1408c8d6ba73f4c62289692fdfd7f26d70d9bffc812296af19d9d73e085317.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
It would be nice to win the Ole Miss and Georgia games at home before trying to get a rare win and sweep Kentucky at Rupp Arena.

Won or lose, I'm looking forward to the game. I like watching this team play. Bone, Williams, Turner, Parker. These guys are exciting. A lot more fun than most of the NBA teams.

I'm feeling a win though tonight. And I wasn't Saturday. I was surprised they came out strong that game, but they just couldn't hang on. Need Hubbs to step up in a game like that. He's been a lot better this year but just didn't get it done against Miss State.

But I think the team will bounce back tonight with a strong home victory.

From the pre-game thread:

My heart says solid win tomorrow.

My head says they're gonna wilt like poke sallat in hot lard.

My head still sticks with this - although these Vols so far have answered every setback, and stepped up their level of play next game.

Hope one or more can reach a little higher tonight. Go heart - Go Vols!

Last edited:
Well, so much for this game lol

On the whistle tonight for #Vols #OleMiss in the Tommy Bowl: Mike Nance, Teddy Valentine and Pat Effin Adams. Oh, goodie.

VN Store

Back