'19 TN PF James Wiseman

Where does it say that in the article? It mentions he is taking Lawson's spot and I don't recall Lawson ever running a single basketball workout.

"In addition to his duties with the football program, the former nfl strength and conditioning coach will oversee all 20 ut sport programs."

8th sentence in the art

"In addition to his duties with the football program, the former nfl strength and conditioning coach will oversee all 20 ut sport programs."

8th sentence in the art

Missed that, thanks.

Doubt he ever runs a workout or works with the ball guys, probably just a title he wanted, guess we'll see.

I agree with u completely. I would think he would need at least 3 years, with the Rock and his S/C program b4 he would be ready for the NBA. But, kids make bad decisions all the time and they
get bad advice, all the time.

I may be wrong, but isn't Rock going to handle the S/C for all the sports at UT?

If you get drafted high, it's not a bad decision. Brandon Ingram and Durant both say strength concerns are overstated

8th sentence in the art

My guess is the word "oversee" is key here. He probably will oversee all programs the same way a head coach oversees all position groups of a football team. The position coach does all of the hands on work.

Reactions: 1 person
My guess is the word "oversee" is key here. He probably will oversee all programs the same way a head coach oversees all position groups of a football team. The position coach does all of the hands on work.

I'm sure your right. Just thought "no" to the question "isn't rock going to handle s&c for all sports" wasn't accurate either.

Rock will not be running basketball s&c program. He may provide oversight, but Garrett Medenwald is the day to day s&c coach for basketball.

Didn't watch on ton on Wiseman but man he's really athletic. Quick leaping ability, has great shot blocking presence. His shot is weird but he has nice touch. I'd like to watch some Sophomore highlights though.

Either way, Wiseman needs a college level S&C program for a couple of years, b4 be is ready for the NBA.

Yes, Ingram and Durant, are exceptions to the rule with their body types. But, I would have to argue they have a better perimeter game than Wiseman. Plus, Durant was, at least 2 inches taller, and a once in a generation talent

Skal Labissiere was rail-thin. People act like NBA players don't also work out and build strength

Football Strength Guy is normally 'Over' all sports. But each team has people as well. Pretty sure it has to do with pay structure and sorts for Athletic Departments.

I think his point is that a guy with 2 and a half years before he steps on campus can probably gain some weight in that timeframe

I repeat if you have seen him you will realize that he can't put on that much good weight in that period of time. He makes Durrant look like Charles Atlas.

Skal Labissiere was rail-thin. People act like NBA players don't also work out and build strength

He is averaging 3 PPG and 3 RPG in the NBA, but he is getting paid. Even, Calipari said he wasn't ready for the NBA and when they played, at UT, Calipari said the game was too physical for him. But, once again, he is getting paid. Of all, Calipari's KY, one and dones, this kid was the most overrated. Skal is half the college player Grant Williams is NOW.

If Wiseman is comparable to Skal, I changed my mind, I don't want him

I repeat if you have seen him you will realize that he can't put on that much good weight in that period of time. He makes Durrant look like Charles Atlas.

How much weight do you think he needs to add to be a successful college player?

He is averaging 3 PPG and 3 RPG in the NBA, but he is getting paid. Even, Calipari said he wasn't ready for the NBA and when they played, at UT, Calipari said the game was too physical for him. But, once again, he is getting paid. Of all, Calipari's KY, one and dones, this kid was the most overrated. Skal is half the college player Grant Williams is NOW.

If Wiseman is comparable to Skal, I changed my mind, I don't want him

And he's been in, and out of the d-league more times than I can count.... so more than 4.

Instead of having a 10-12 yr NBA career, he'll probably have one much shorter cause he wont develop as much watching and sitting these yrs he should be playing college bb.

Instead of having a 10-12 yr NBA career, he'll probably have one much shorter cause he wont develop as much watching and sitting these yrs he should be playing college bb.

Player development is much, much stronger in the NBA than in college

He was a first round pick, that's the only measure of readiness that matters. Stay any longer and he may have gone undrafted
No it's not.
He's so ready for the league his team sent him to the D-league. If he stayed in college he'd make a lot more on his rookie deal.

No it's not.
He's so ready for the league his team sent him to the D-league. If he stayed in college he'd make a lot more on his rookie deal.

Unless he fell out of the first round, in which case he'd make absolutely nothing

VN Store

Back