This loss changes nothing

As a fan I'm not upset when they lose because they were out coached or out played by athletic talent. But to lose to an opponent they should've beaten by 15 because they were out hustled, out efforted, they look like low character no heart second rate street ball players that will be watching the tourney at a frat house. This is Tennessee, in any sport, the potential talent to run with anyone. But the team that breaks the heart of their fan base because they don't always feel like a full effort.

Please tell me that this is the first Tennessee basketball game you've watched this year, or that you're colorblind and were actually watching Kentucky last night and simply got confused.

That bolded statement is the last thing anyone with any sense would use to describe this team's body of work to this point. I will agree that MSU beat them on the boards and to most loose balls in the 2nd half, but your sentiment seems to go beyond the spectrum of yesterday's game. Hopefully it was just poor wording, because it couldn't be any further from the truth otherwise.

Reactions: 4 people
I am impressed, they play crazy good basketball on the road. I was not expecting anywhere near this level of quality this season. Not only did Barnes find diamonds in the rough he coached them up and zero coach speak in the press conferences. This is what happens when you hire qualified employees. Wish the football team had quality experienced leadership like this.

I try not to post much anymore, but a few posts in here drove me to it. How can you look at any game this team plays and just not be thrilled with what Barnes and Co are doing? This is a VERY YOUNG, and undersized team that is going to to toe with any and everyone. Despite what your panties in a wad attitude says, some need to calm down. Once we get some bigger bodies in here, this group will be awesome to watch. We might have lost yesterday, but I saw a team fighting and hungry. Shots just didn't fall after the half.

Reactions: 4 people
Who are you people and where did you take volnation? All of this positive vibe after a loss is a little unnerving! We may have damaged our reputation! Ha, but seriously, it's ok. Everybody has bad games, i.e. Kensucky, but we have the right coach, and he is going to make Tennessee a respectable basketball team sooner rather than later! Barnes is a breath of fresh air honestly!

Reactions: 1 person
We can forget any post season tourney if our Senior leader doesn't show better leadership than he did today. Hubbs pulled another one of his " no show" games and I wish Barnes would sit him on the bench when he comes out and looks completely uninterested like he did today. He had been playing like an All SEC player the past couple of weeks .. Not sure what his problem was today.
Their game plan changed in the 2nd half to double team our post and then defend the pass out of the double team. You ever think that teams scheme to take Hubbs out of the game?

Hubbs was hurt IMO. The elbow brace, and most of his shots were kinda shot with a curve.

**** happens when you have 12 underclassmen. But damn Barnes is going to look back at this and say "if we beat those Mississippi teams with double digit leads we go to the tourney."

Technically it's 10. He must have forgot we kicked Mostella off the team and that Lew Evans is a SR.

And 13 if the three walk-ons are included.

But putting it another way, there are only 2 upperclassmen currently on the roster. 3 before Mostella was booted off.

Losing today changes nothing. We are on the right path. We are a tough out for every team on our schedule. We are on a mission. I have gone to games since I was a kid. This is the first time I'm making this prediction. Forget the bubble. We break the curse this year and win the SEC tournament and pop someone else's bubble. We are cutting down nets and going dancing.

Losing to Miss St, and Chatt. is bad.

Who are you people and where did you take volnation? All of this positive vibe after a loss is a little unnerving! We may have damaged our reputation! Ha, but seriously, it's ok. Everybody has bad games, i.e. Kensucky, but we have the right coach, and he is going to make Tennessee a respectable basketball team sooner rather than later! Barnes is a breath of fresh air honestly!

I was living in Austin when everyone there was complaining about him. I always thought they were crazy. Coaches that good don't grow on trees. It was like everyone there thought that they morphed into Duke or UNC and they never forgave him after he failed to go all the way with KD. The more success he had in the NBA the madder they got at Barnes.

Proud of our men this year. Still a lot of fight left in them and plenty more basketball to play to make a run at it. Go VOLS!

Wish I could share your optimism but at this stage in the season giving up a 19 pt lead to a terrible team and losing changes a lot. This sets the team back on its mission.

your spot on FAMA.....at least CRB called some timeouts to try to stop the bleeding, unlike Arkansas

Last I checked, a loss changes the record. Hard to argue this wasn't a set back. I'm not a Patriots or Falcons fan, but I can recognize a choke job.

Admiral gave a lengthy interview prior to the game about frittering away leads and not finishing games.

Their game plan changed in the 2nd half to double team our post and then defend the pass out of the double team. You ever think that teams scheme to take Hubbs out of the game?

If guards will relocate after making a post entry then we should have wide open shots when people double the post. The key is not standing and finding the open spot on the floor. It's no where near the first time someone has doubled our post. By this point our kids should be taking advantage of it. It only leaves 3 to guard 4.

Barnes put a big part of the loss on Williams standing around the perimeter and not crashing the boards.

Barnes put a big part of the loss on Williams standing around the perimeter and not crashing the boards.

I would too, as well as Turner not having a great game and Hubbs apparently having knee issues.

VN Store

Back