This loss changes nothing

DeepSpringsVol

Getting to prominence will take time.
Losing today changes nothing. We are on the right path. We are a tough out for every team on our schedule. We are on a mission. I have gone to games since I was a kid. This is the first time I'm making this prediction. Forget the bubble. We break the curse this year and win the SEC tournament and pop someone else's bubble. We are cutting down nets and going dancing.

Reactions: 4 people
Team will look back on selection day and remember 3 games that they should have taken....today being one...and play the woulda, coulda, shoulda song.

Reactions: 5 people
Losing today changes nothing. We are on the right path. We are a tough out for every team on our schedule. We are on a mission. I have gone to games since I was a kid. This is the first time I'm making this prediction. Forget the bubble. We break the curse this year and win the SEC tournament and pop someone else's bubble. We are cutting down nets and going dancing.

Came here to ask this very question. They stunk it up bad today, really bad. But K St beating Baylor has to help our RPI. We can't have another one of these games like we had today though. Margin for error got A LOT smaller today.

Reactions: 1 person

Wish I could share your optimism but at this stage in the season giving up a 19 pt lead to a terrible team and losing changes a lot. This sets the team back on its mission.

Reactions: 4 people
Wish I could share your optimism but at this stage in the season giving up a 19 pt lead to a terrible team and losing changes a lot. This sets the team back on its mission.

A little dramatic. MSU is not a terrible team.

This has happened 4 or 5 times this year. They are young and it's what's expected of a young team. Set backs and this team shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. We weren't supposed to be here at this point in the game. Be grateful somehow we are

Reactions: 2 people
Original poster is correct. The NCAA team Cuonzo had was 12-11 at this very time in the season with a high RPI and schedule. In my opinion, and it hasn't changed in two weeks, our number is 18 regular season wins to put us squarely on the bubble. 18 wins plus 2 in Nashville makes us 20-14 and a lock in my opinion. If we finish over 18 regular season wins we're in bottom line. We must go 5-3 or better in our last 8 with 5 of these being home games. This is very entirely possible. Today hurt yes, and yes the officials in both games in Mississippi were attrocious, but it did not ruin our chances. Our bubble has not burst.

Reactions: 3 people
Original poster is correct. The NCAA team Cuonzo had was 12-11 at this very time in the season with a high RPI and schedule. In my opinion, and it hasn't changed in two weeks, our number is 18 regular season wins to put us squarely on the bubble. 18 wins plus 2 in Nashville makes us 20-14 and a lock in my opinion. If we finish over 18 regular season wins we're in bottom line. We must go 5-3 or better in our last 8 with 5 of these being home games. This is very entirely possible. Today hurt yes, and yes the officials in both games in Mississippi were attrocious, but it did not ruin our chances. Our bubble has not burst.

And we were just as Attrocious on the court. Ole Ms beat us and we beat us at MSU. I am on the fence but maybe we can get in some way or the other. No more of these type games or we are looking in from the outside. JMHO

Anybody catch the Barnes comments after the game? Interested in his take.

The way I took it was he wasn't happy with the officiating but didn't blame the loss on that. I believe he said you can't turn the ball over as many times as we did and miss that many free throws and expect to win the game.

The way I took it was he wasn't happy with the officiating but didn't blame the loss on that. I believe he said you can't turn the ball over as many times as we did and miss that many free throws and expect to win the game.

Thanks. I'm sure he was disgusted as many of us were.

We can forget any post season tourney if our Senior leader doesn't show better leadership than he did today. Hubbs pulled another one of his " no show" games and I wish Barnes would sit him on the bench when he comes out and looks completely uninterested like he did today. He had been playing like an All SEC player the past couple of weeks .. Not sure what his problem was today.

We can forget any post season tourney if our Senior leader doesn't show better leadership than he did today. Hubbs pulled another one of his " no show" games and I wish Barnes would sit him on the bench when he comes out and looks completely uninterested like he did today. He had been playing like an All SEC player the past couple of weeks .. Not sure what his problem was today.

Hubbs was drawing all sorts of attention from Mississippi State's defense and Bowden didn't step up, Turner didn't step up, and Williams was in foul trouble almost the entire game. You have nights like this when half of your rotation is freshmen.

Reactions: 3 people
Any more like this and we'll transfer from the ncaa bubble to the NIT bubble.

Is it just me or does it seem the officials are really picking on Grant Williams lately? He's as undersized as any big we've ever had yet they're calling him for garbage. Won't let him be physical at all, lots of touch fouls.

Reactions: 1 person
This is a young club that is still learning how to play hard consistently for 40 minutes and we will be lucky to get an NIT Bid this season.

This is a young club that is still learning how to play hard consistently for 40 minutes and we will be lucky to get an NIT Bid this season.

If we finish 5-3, we will be dissecting the bubble and won't be lucky to get into the NIT.

Is it just me or does it seem the officials are really picking on Grant Williams lately? He's as undersized as any big we've ever had yet they're calling him for garbage. Won't let him be physical at all, lots of touch fouls.

I don't think you can give him the benefit of the doubt just because he's undersized. If anything, being undersized means he has to cut corners against bigger players. He'll have to adjust. He has shown signs of undisciplined play defensively at times. He just has to learn to defend without fouling. I think he does well at that at times, but then picks up some ticky-tack fouls as well. Just part of the learning curve for a freshman.

Team will look back on selection day and remember 3 games that they should have taken....today being one...and play the woulda, coulda, shoulda song.

Yep. And lots of people here too. Just like the guy at the bar watching the Super Bowl tomorrow telling anyone who will listen how he was a big shot player back whenever and if it wasn't for that knee injury he would've made it big...

I'm sick and tired how a lot of the teams at UT has become Jeykll and Hyde. Football, basketball, men, women whatever. They play lights out one day but then lay a turd the next...

Yep. And lots of people here too. Just like the guy at the bar watching the Super Bowl tomorrow telling anyone who will listen how he was a big shot player back whenever and if it wasn't for that knee injury he would've made it big...

I'm sick and tired how a lot of the teams at UT has become Jeykll and Hyde. Football, basketball, men, women whatever. They play lights out one day but then lay a turd the next...

It's not difficult to understand why this basketball team does it. I said before the season that fans will need to be patient. They would win some they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't. Young team. Been following basketball too long to think otherwise.

I stand by my statement. I feel we win the SEC tournament this year and break the streak getting that monkey off our back.

VN Store

Back