Horrible officiating

Went from dominating by 19 to blaming the refs.

We are losing because we can't shoot. They only ended up getting a point with that horrible foul call, so it isn't the reason.

Reactions: 5 people
Unfortunately, the refs didn't make us stand around and jack up terrible shots. This one is on execution.

Reactions: 2 people
Terrible! How can you blow a 19 point lead against Mississippi State? Barnes is a good coach but needs to push them more when they got a big lead.

Sloppy play, poor shooting, allowed way to many second chance points, on top of all that miss st remembered they had the size advantage and exploited it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Our terrible free throw shooting cost us the game,
look at the stats! We have been shooting them well,
not today.

Reactions: 5 people
Officiating in the SEC stinks to hight heaven. Barnes wasn't upset at rhe end of the game for nothing. Officials need to be accountable and fired if they suck this bad. Grant Williams was livid as well.

Reactions: 4 people
Went from dominating by 19 to blaming the refs.

We are losing because we can't shoot. They only ended up getting a point with that horrible foul call, so it isn't the reason.
I was "blaming the refs" in games we were up by 15 aka this game and last game), thank you very much. They're kinda hot garbage no matter the game situation.

I would also say that 1985vols is on "the SEC refs are garbage this year" team, he's been super consistent about it too whether we are blowing teams out or vice versa.

Last edited:
What about the Grant Williams shot that was blocked as it was dropping into the basket? IMHO it should've been a goal tending call. But, was ignored and State went down and hit a 3 to take control of the game.

Reactions: 1 person
i would love to know how the fouls stacked up in second half and from like 13min to 5 mins to go!

Williams was getting the s beat out of him and no calls, he was getting frustrated. Barnes just stood there till like 40 seconds to go.

It's not so much the refs on the floor. The problem is in the league office because they're insisting the new rules interpretations continue to be enforced. Actually it's on the coaches/players/teams not being able to adapt.

50 fouls per day games are hot garbage. Horrible product.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm telling you guys now, if you think NBA officiating is bad, you've ain't seen nothing yet. College Basketball is beggining to be embarrassing to watch. Absolutely disgusting that this is the best the NCAA can do. F*** this crap.

We ran great sets the first ten minutes and then our guys started having to sit because of
questionable calls. And yeah we had bad execution - mainly with Williams and Admiral riding the pine with fouls.

I'm personally fed up with this ticky-tack SEC foul bs, but if that's your thing thing then have at it.

It's not so much the refs on the floor. The problem is in the league office because they're insisting the new rules interpretations continue to be enforced. Actually it's on the coaches/players/teams not being able to adapt.

Yeah. When I say the refs are garbage, I mean the new "points of emphasis" and the SEC refs overseers as well as the actual refs. It's definitely not all on the refs because it was massively better last year, though some crews certainly do better than others. Other leagues also aren't this bad, so it must be the SEC that is terrible.

I honestly don't know how you could play a real game and get less than 30 total fouls in today's game in the SEC. Probably not play defense or offense and just jack up threes.

This crew was weird because they let them play in the first half and then started doing weird stuff in the second, and we ended up with 48 total fouls with only one being intentional. It is what it is.

Basketball is a contact sport. If you can pick and roll, there is contact.

The other thing that pisses me off is that I have seen the offensive foul (on elbow) called when the defender is touching the offensive player. Should never happen. The MSU defender had his hand on Schofield right before the elbow. If the defender is making contact, then the defender can clear him out. You can't just allow a defender to make contact.

Basketball is a contact sport. If you can pick and roll, there is contact.

The other thing that pisses me off is that I have seen the offensive foul (on elbow) called when the defender is touching the offensive player. Should never happen. The MSU defender had his hand on Schofield right before the elbow. If the defender is making contact, then the defender can clear him out. You can't just allow a defender to make contact.
They aren't calling the "aggressive contact against an offensive player" reliably enough. Riding guys down the court or at the 3PT line is apparently fine but following them on screens with one hand isn't? I don't understand what they want or how that's internally consistent.

Yeah. When I say the refs are garbage, I mean the new "points of emphasis" and the SEC refs overseers as well as the actual refs. It's definitely not all on the refs because it was massively better last year, though some crews certainly do better than others. Other leagues also aren't this bad, so it must be the SEC that is terrible.

I don't know what you would have to do to get less than 30 total fouls in today's game in the SEC. Probably not play defense or offense and just jack up threes.

This crew was weird because they let them play in the first half and then started doing weird stuff in the second, and we ended up with 48 total fouls with only one being intentional. It is what it is.

They are always going to miss a handful of calls. Those missed calls are magnified when your key players are in foul trouble due to earlier ticky-tack fouls. I have no idea what can be done. Maybe if they're consistent, over time the teams will eventually adjust. The rule changes/interpretations sounded like a good idea to clean the game up, but unfortunately it's backfired and made the games nearly unwatchable.

They aren't calling the "aggressive contact against an offensive player" reliably enough. Riding guys down the court or at the 3PT line is apparently fine but following them on screens with one hand isn't? I don't understand what they want or how that's internally consistent.

Yes, very inconsistent. But I was taught that you own your space and use your body to clear it when a defender chooses to come into it. I am not that old. If a defender is touching an offensive player (and refs won't call it), the offensive player certainly has the right to clear him.

They are always going to miss a handful of calls. Those missed calls are magnified when your key players are in foul trouble due to earlier ticky-tack fouls. I have no idea what can be done. Maybe if they're consistent, over time the teams will eventually adjust. The rule changes/interpretations sounded like a good idea to clean the game up, but unfortunately it's backfired and made the games nearly unwatchable.

Unintended consequences. Have discussed this with other people.

VN Store

Back