'17 MO PF Derrick Walker Jr. (UT commit 2/3/17)

Stokes was about raw power and got more points off the glass than williams. Williams is the better pure scorer imo.

I do like that Walker can finish with both hands. Shows he has natural skills. Always good for a big man

Yes I was on that part for sure. He's hasn't done that this season either.

I wasn't one of those complaining about him Not selling his program though.

He's called some out for failing to rebound and also Turner when he made those poor decisions that didn't lead to winning baskets. I think he said that the next time Lamonte makes that shot (driving down the left side of the lane), it'll be the first time.

Not so sure. GW has better touch around the basket, and is capable of hitting a three

As FR, sure, GW is more advanced, but FR Stokes was really still high school SR Stokes. College JR Stokes was a very good offensive player, and the OP said GW is already a better offensive player than Stokes ever was, which isn't true. Stokes had consistent range out to 15 feet which Williams hasn't shown yet, and could finish with either hand. Could Williams become a better offensive player than Stokes ever was? Sure, and he's off to a nice start, but he's not there yet IMO. Not as versatile yet.

Reactions: 1 person
As FR, sure, GW is more advanced, but FR Stokes was really still high school SR Stokes. College JR Stokes was a very good offensive player, and the OP said GW is already a better offensive player than Stokes ever was, which isn't true. Stokes had consistent range out to 15 feet which Williams hasn't shown yet, and could finish with either hand. Could Williams become a better offensive player than Stokes ever was? Sure, and he's off to a nice start, but he's not there yet IMO. Not as versatile yet.

Stokes couldn't shoot year one or year two.

He just out-muscled people for rebounds and 5-10 foot layups. Was good as a clear-out passer too, but never elite as a scorer.

Williams is a more polished overall player than Stokes was in year one. He has shown three-point and jump shot ability, he just needs to be more consistent.

Stokes' body was all-world though, and he has three inches height on Williams.

Stokes' skill level never advanced beyond that build imo, however.

VN Store

Back