'17 MO PF Derrick Walker Jr. (UT commit 2/3/17)

@adamfinkelstein: Tennessee got one of best available bigs left on the board in Sunrise Christian's Derrick Walker. They were in early & it paid off.

Schofield may play the position but he is nowhere near the athlete Hubbs is and he cant defend out on the floor nearly as well.

Really? I get the athlete comment, but mostly based on leaping ability and agility, but Admiral is a heck of an athlete in his own right from a strength standpoint. Defensively, Hubbs is very average, especially on the ball. He is good at help side defense and gets some blocks in that regard, but Admiral should have no problem replicating Hubbs' modest defensvie skills.

Reactions: 1 person
Hell yeah ! We needed this guy, bad. He is a true power forward. With Kent, already on aboard, we are in good shape with this class. Now, I want Pons. Pons is the perfect replacement for Hubbs, except Pons mid-range game is not quite at Hubbs' level. Pons prefers to dunk on u, rather than pull up and take the 10 foot jumper. But, I have confidence that CRB can mold him into what we need. Plus, can u imagine TBA going ballistic with Pons posterizing somebody on a sold-out saturday game against Fla or Ky. Coach Barnes knows what he needs and if he keeps getting players like Walker, Kent and hopefully Pons, we will be a NCAA tourney team next year. Hell, we may even be a tourney team this year

Reactions: 2 people
I've said it before, but this kid appears to be a Grant Williams clone, just a couple inches taller.

We all said, "Man, if only GW was a couple inches taller..." Hopefully Walker translates similarly.

A couple inches taller version of GW is basically stokes. Sounds good to me

Sounds like we got exactly what CRB wanted. A low maintenance, hard working, solid defendeing, good motor and physically ready to play,6'8, 255 power forward. All those attributes, makes me think Walker is, at the least, a guy with a 4 star heart.

Sorry, that was kind of classless by me. I like the football recruiting class more than most people. It is a blue collar kinda class, with only Chandler having that sex appeal in the skill positions. I just want Butch to keep his mouth shut, because, lately he seems to insert his foot in it, everytime he opens it.

That's one of the things I like about Barnes, he won't bullsh!t u

Sounds like we got exactly what CRB wanted. A low maintenance, hard working, solid defendeing, good motor and physically ready to play,6'8, 255 power forward. All those attributes, makes me think Walker is, at the least, a guy with a 4 star heart.

Sorry, that was kind of classless by me. I like the football recruiting class more than most people. It is a blue collar kinda class, with only Chandler having that sex appeal in the skill positions. I just want Butch to keep his mouth shut, because, lately he seems to insert his foot in it, everytime he opens it.

Very true, and you will NEVER hear Rick Barnes make excuses, period. Butch needs to get out a pen and paper and shadow Barnes for a day.

Very true, and you will NEVER hear Rick Barnes make excuses, period. Butch needs to get out a pen and paper and shadow Barnes for a day.

Preach.

We have so many fans as well as posters on VN making excuses for his mouth. He gets paid over $4 MM a year to be more professional and win. He could truly learn some lessons from CRB on how to flush the whine of naysayers, be real, and just do his job.

It funny to see everyone loving Barnes approach to the media but so many were on the other side of that when his team wasn't winning.

Proves winning is the only thing that matters.
Same with jones.

It funny to see everyone loving Barnes approach to the media but so many were on the other side of that when his team wasn't winning.

Same with jones.

Many where having fits that he'd toss his players under the bus in the post game radio interviews with Kesling. You were probably one of the "many".

Many where having fits that he'd toss his players under the bus in the post game radio interviews with Kesling. You were probably one of the "many".

Yes I was on that part for sure. He's hasn't done that this season either.

I wasn't one of those complaining about him Not selling his program though.

Same with jones.

This is 100% true. When you're winning you can get away with a lot more. If Saban had made the "Champions of life" statement or "Five Star Hearts" comments it would have probably been carved into a block of granite outside the stadium in Tuscaloosa.

VN Store

Back