Ga Tech win looks real strong now

Vols looking good right now...who knows, go on a run of our own...season's not over with yet...dare I dream...NCAA tournament...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
I still can't believe his team is doing well. Maybe it really was the talent level in Memphis that was hurting them.

IMO, the problem with Memphis was and still is that they like to play "street ball" and don't take well to structured and disciplined strategy.

Josh is the type that is very disciplined and requires the players to play his style. Memphis didn't take to that style.

:hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:

IMO, the problem with Memphis was and still is that they like to play "street ball" and don't take well to structured and disciplined strategy.

Josh is the type that is very disciplined and requires the players to play his style. Memphis didn't take to that style.

Eh, while Pastner played uptempo, he or his staff weren't the greatest at X's and O's, and they struggled sometimes. It just could be that he has grown as a coach. He did not inherit a great situation at GTech, and that's what makes it more surprising at some of their wins.

I haven't watched many of their games this year, but Tubby knows what he is doing. They are lean this year in talent (other than the Lawson's) and are probably going to win 20 games.

Agreed. I think pastner might still be the same. Decent to good, but not great

I am not sure he beat a top 10 team at Memphis, and I believe he has beaten 3 this month. His record against any ranked teams wasn't very good. But he has found something, and they are hot.

Partner is young. Still lots of room to grow. Plus, he is now in the ACC and at a University that appeals to a better class of student athlete. Calipari didn't recruit Memphis because he knew the talent was good, but not coachable. Partner should have done the same.

Partner is young. Still lots of room to grow. Plus, he is now in the ACC and at a University that appeals to a better class of student athlete. Calipari didn't recruit Memphis because he knew the talent was good, but not coachable. Partner should have done the same.

Howdy, Pastner.

Pastner has a pretty good winning percentage and he's never had a losing record. Going 18-14 and 19-15 the last two years and missing the NCAAT got him run off.

I mean think about it. He was recruiting basically thugs yet Pastner would ban silly stuff like no cussing. Like you're telling a bunch of Memphis athletes to not cuss on the court at all? No wonder he didn't work there.

My point is, if he is that strict on something as small as cussing, he must be incredibly tedious.

Someone told me that he hired an assistant known for his X's and O's. They were calling for him to do that his last two years at Memphis, and he refused. He can recruit, so he wised up.

Georgia Tech is now a tournament team and has a RPI in the top 40, that's a key game. Now we just need KSU to continue their hot streak

VN Store

Back