Keeping up with the transfers

Did a little looking into it, and I'm inclined to agree with you. They may be related in some other way (cousins?), but I can't find anything that shows they are as closely related as brothers, stepbrothers, etc. Most notable is that there is no mention of that sort of relationship in his UT bio.

I'm not doubting he told the team he was related to McClain, but it wouldn't be the first time a kid blew smoke about being related to someone famous.

I just looked into and he is from Decatur, I thought he just went to high school there because I know he stayed with a few different families. He had a tough road for sure.

Maybe they are cousins and close like brothers? Who knows

McClain isn't originally from Decatur but he did go to high school there. He is also 4-5 years older than Mostella I think.

I'm about 90% sure they aren't related, but I could be wrong.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that they are close, just don't think they are blood relatives.

Edit: He is originally from Decatur

It's not a possibility that they are close. They are and Jabari and Galen confirmed that. Now I can't confirm (without DNA) that a are blood relatives but Detrick says they are. My ONLY point here is he had the attitude of a brat being spoiled by someone close to him in the NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I guess Willie is the 3rd Donnie TN recruit that has failed to find success as a student-athlete. First Dominic Woodson. Now Mostella and Carmichael. Punter and Baulkman were successful. Hopefully Tariq and Jabari get their degrees from St. John's and WKU.
Interestingly enough, I actually ran into St John's athletic trainer and they love Tariq. They say he hasn't put on much weight but they love what he brings to program. He was showing me pictures he took when St John's upset Syracuse and Tariq had a huge game. I think Tariq will continue to succeed there IMO.

What's up with WKU and McGhee? He was getting a lot of minutes and they had a nice 5 game winning streak going. His minutes have declined and they're on a 4 game losing streak. He only played 9 minutes at Marshall.

Jabari McGhee 2016-17 GGame Log | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Looks like his foul frequency has been cut by a third. But his turnovers are way up.

Last edited:

AJ is getting a lot of minutes. Solid rebounder, inconsistent scorer. Tariq was a rebound away from a double double versus DePaul. Thompson has been steady... not spectacular.

Game by game stats are way down at the bottom of each player's linked page. Click the last link ("More Player Pages") and then the year.

Last edited:
  • Larry Austin (CCM) - Xavier -> Vandy
    stats

Jordan Cornish (CCM) - UNLV -> Tulane
    stats

Phil Cofer (CCM) - Florida State
    stats

CJ Turman (CCM) - FAU (dismissed)
    stats

Kingsley Okoroh (CCM) - California
    stats

Okoroh is spelled Okorah in stats link

Travon Landry (CCM) - New Mexico State
    stats

Braxton (Blackwell) Key (CCM) - Alabama/Oak Hill
    NCAA stats

Chris Clarke (CDT) - Va Tech
    stats

Camron Justice (CDT) - Vanderbilt
    stats

Romello White (CDT) - Arizona State
    bad link IMG Academy no NCAA stats

Rob Gray (CDT) - Houston
    stats

Khalil Iverson (CDT) - Wisconsin
    stats

Omer Yurtseven (CRB) - NC State
    stats

Rob Gray has scored double digits in every game this year.

Yurtseven hasn't put up big numbers, BUT he grabbed 16 rebounds versus Pitt two games ago. NC State versus Duke is on ESPN at 7pm tonight.

Last edited:
I was really disappointed when we didn't get Phil Cofer. Doesn't look like he's doing much at FSU.

I was really disappointed when we didn't get Phil Cofer. Doesn't look like he's doing much at FSU.
He started off well but hasn't been able to return the same.

Out of the guys we've missed. I wish we had Rob Gray/Braxton Key/Chris Clarke (wow all Donnie targets too). They'll all killing it for their team.

What's up with WKU and McGhee? He was getting a lot of minutes and they had a nice 5 game winning streak going. His minutes have declined and they're on a 4 game losing streak. He only played 9 minutes at Marshall.

Jabari McGhee 2016-17 GGame Log | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Looks like his foul frequency has been cut by a third. But his turnovers are way up.

I can't say what's happening with WKU but for Jabari ...he's dealing with the devastation of not one but 2 tornadoes in his hometown which affected his immediate family and many friends.

I can't say what's happening with WKU but for Jabari ...he's dealing with the devastation of not one but 2 tornadoes in his hometown which affected his immediate family and many friends.

That would affect anyone. Prayers for all that is affected.

• Larry Austin (CCM) - Xavier -> Vandy
    stats

Jordan Cornish (CCM) - UNLV -> Tulane
    stats

Phil Cofer (CCM) - Florida State
    stats

CJ Turman (CCM) - FAU (dismissed)
    stats

Kingsley Okoroh (CCM) - California
    stats

Okoroh is spelled Okorah in stats link

Travon Landry (CCM) - New Mexico State
    stats

Braxton (Blackwell) Key (CCM) - Alabama/Oak Hill
    NCAA stats

Austin Nichols (CCM) - Memphis -> Virginia stats

Chris Clarke (CDT) - Va Tech
    stats

Camron Justice (CDT) - Vanderbilt
    stats

Romello White (CDT) - Arizona State
    bad link IMG Academy no NCAA stats

Rob Gray (CDT) - Houston
    stats

Khalil Iverson (CDT) - Wisconsin
    stats

Omer Yurtseven (CRB) - NC State
    stats

Yurtseven played the most minutes all year in the last two games.

Braxton starts, logs lots of minutes, and is scoring in double digits consistently.

Gray continues to put up real good numbers. A 30 point game and two 28 point games.

Last edited:

Owens started last game versus Villanova.

McGhee still not getting a lot of minutes. His frequency of committing fouls looks like it's much better.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jabari-mcghee-1/gamelog/2017/

Game by game stats are way down at the bottom of each player's linked page. Click the last link ("More Player Pages") and then the year.

Last edited:
Not a transfer, but he was committed to Tennessee, Chris Clarke will miss the rest of the season due to a torn acl. He was averaging 11.4 ppg,and a team best 7.4 rebounds.

Is McGee hurt or has he fallen all the way out of playing at WKU?

Well that sucks. Zero minutes versus MTSU on Thursday. WKU played today too... haven't seen the stats. Hopefully JMac2 isn't injured again.

Edit: zero minutes today versus UAB.

Last edited:
Jabari has been out for 2 games with a injured shoulder. His last game was against Marshall where he had 10 rebounds, 6 points and played a total of 13 minutes. Five of the rebounds were within his first 4 minutes on the court. :good!:

Hopefully, he will play tonight in Charlotte.

VN Store

Back