Vols in great shape for NCAA tourney!

Rpi is 49 this morning. Win Saturday and this talk gets cranked up with a real potential of this happening.

18 regular season wins gets the Vols in IMO. 17 is NIT and the 16 needs some work.

If UT could have hung on against Oregon and UNC they'd be in. It's still a good season for a young team

We need 8 more to have a good chance and REALLY need the K-State game this weekend. In the Committee's eyes, this team is currently 10-9 (Chaminade win doesn't count).

One potential ray of hope. The advanced metrics such as KenPom have UT ranked #42 right now, with the 2nd toughest schedule in the country. If the Committee lets a team like Michigan State in due to advanced metrics, will they be consistent and let a team with a better profile in (UT)? Or will they be inconsistent like they did in Cuonzo's last season and apply different sets of rules to different teams?

If we just beat the teams we should, the UGA and Bama games will be very important at the end. They will be competing for the bubble, too.

Last edited:
Just win one game at a time and let the chips fall where they may. With CRB they get in if they are a true bubble team IMO. Which is the advantage of having a long term successful HC that people in the know respect. Regardless of the final result, I am very pleased with the direction of the program and the heart of this team. So happy to see Hubbs have the season he is having.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't care for "winning seasons". I also don't care about the number of freshmen we have playing.

We just beat a #4 team in the NCAA. SHOULD'VE beat another on the road.

It's time for Barnes to get IN the tourney.

IMO... we should be in the tourney EVERY year. No excuse not to be.

I guess Pearl was a John Wooden for getting us to the tourney every year, huh?

I don't care for "winning seasons". I also don't care about the number of freshmen we have playing.

So CRB is a victim of his own success by having this team play FAR above its talent level? Does the loss of Fulk and dismissal of Mostella matter at all?

Reactions: 1 person

Unfortunately Barnes didn't inherit two of the best shooters in school history

Reactions: 3 people
If we lose Saturday it's back to we were picked 13th in the SEC and we're ahead of schedule?

Just thankful for that key win at ETSU. That most likely gets us in if we are on the bubble.

I just hope the Bucs can get back to where they were when I was there. Almost always Top 25, back then ETSU scheduled UT as one of their cupcakes to warm up for other big time teams.

I just want to get back to when beating Kentucky wasn't an upset but expected. It wasn't that long ago!

When exactly was that? If you're going to say the Pearl years, you better check Pearl's record against UK when he was here. It wasn't very good.

Reactions: 1 person
Just a tad premature. Lot of basketball left to be played.

VN Store

Back