Wins left?

USCjr didn't impress me at all. I didn't I think we played that well at all either. We even lost Fox to an injury early and had one player sick who didn't play at all. South Carolina was missing one good player, but overall there was a huge difference with talent and skill on the floor. South Carolina has made some good strides, but I don't think they are as good as people think. And I don't see any reason why Tennessee can't get a win there and even give Kentucky a decent game at home. Just depends if UT decides to show up.

We did not play well at home against USCjr but one of the main reasons was they were all over us like white on rice. We played hard as always but they pushed us around the whole game. Their coach is going to end up like Huggins at WV , I mean sitting on a stool watching game because of a Heart attack!!:mf_surrender:

Yeah. That's a huge problem for Kentucky year in and year out

UK's freshmen are able to overcome a lot of stigmas and trends of typical freshmen because they are ultra-talented. So, comparing Tennessee's freshmen to UK's is just ignorant.

Secondly, Cal's 2012-13 team, led predominantly by freshmen with very little upperclassman leadership, lost 12 games and went to the NIT. His 2013-14 team, despite finishing as the NCAA runner-up, lost 11 games because they pissed away several regular season games because his new batch of freshmen took a long time to adjust and grow up.

The year Cal won it all, they had upperclassmen leadership from Darius Miller, Jon Hood, Eloy Vargas, plus Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb stuck around for a 2nd year.

So, yeah, it has been a problem for UK in the past.

Last edited:
I kind of surprised that the NCAA hasn't done something yet to discourage KY's NBA preperation model. They're ruining college basketball somewhat... it's a joke to call their players student-athletes.

Good lord... take away a scholarship for a year for every freshman that leaves for the NBA or something similar.

I kind of surprised that the NCAA hasn't done something yet to discourage KY's NBA preperation model. They're ruining college basketball somewhat... it's a joke to call their players student-athletes.

Good lord... take away a scholarship for a year for every freshman that leaves for the NBA or something similar.

I agree. Get rid of the One & Done bull**** and see if Cal can actually coach up some young guys.

Wah wah wah boo hoo

Reactions: 2 people
Wah wah wah boo hoo

I liked it better when I could actually name most, if not all, of KY's starting lineup and could hate them for 3 or 4 years. I'd not be happy if TN was doing the same thing. It cheapens college basketball. Who wants to watch the NBA minor league? I'm not even that interested in the NBA anymore.

Outside of KY and SC, we could win any of them or we could lose any of them. You can never tell with this team.

UK's freshmen are able to overcome a lot of stigmas and trends of typical freshmen because they are ultra-talented. So, comparing Tennessee's freshmen to UK's is just ignorant.

Secondly, Cal's 2012-13 team, led predominantly by freshmen with very little upperclassman leadership, lost 12 games and went to the NIT. His 2013-14 team, despite finishing as the NCAA runner-up, lost 11 games because they pissed away several regular season games because his new batch of freshmen took a long time to adjust and grow up.

The year Cal won it all, they had upperclassmen leadership from Darius Miller, Jon Hood, Eloy Vargas, plus Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb stuck around for a 2nd year.

So, yeah, it has been a problem for UK in the past.
That's what I said. Huge problem for KY every year. It's not rocket science.

We win 7 plus 1 in the SECT.

Later we play a quarterfinal NIT game in Berkeley vs Cal and win by a dozen in a real crapfest (nobody scores in the first 10 minutes, UT shoots 25% but pulls down 60 RBs; Cal has more turnovers than pts.).

What?
18 wins in d1 is a shoe in.

No it's not look at years past and you will understand. Tenn would have a good RPI so that would help but I am afraid it might take 19 wins to get there with only 16 being regular season.

I agree. Get rid of the One & Done bull**** and see if Cal can actually coach up some young guys.

He can't. But I think it's more of the NBA and their rules than it is the NCAA. I think they have a rule that you have to be out of high school for a year or something similar before you can go to the draft.

When cal has to actually coach **** goes down hill fast.

I'm curious to see if Calipari could have took Barne's Tennessee team to the tournament this year. If he's that good of a coach as UK fans think he is, he should be able to get the most out of our freshman. The only difference is, we don't have any One & Dones to help save him in tight games.

I'm curious to see if Calipari could have took Barne's Tennessee team to the tournament this year. If he's that good of a coach as UK fans think he is, he should be able to get the most out of our freshman. The only difference is, we don't have any One & Dones to help save him in tight games.

Heck no he couldn't. Barnes is getting more out of this team than Cal would be.

Looking at a SEC teams in the NIT last year, records include SECT...

South Carolina 24-8 SOS 73rd
Florida 19-14 SOS 22nd
Georgia 19-13 SOS 35th
Alabama 18-14 SOS 32nd

Ole Miss was left out at 20-12 but a SOS of 81st, LSU was left out at 19-14 with a SOS of 60th. I'm not sure what the RPI numbers were for each team, but that would be interesting to know.

Tennessee is projected to have the #17 SOS in the country, so that's a major bonus. With that SOS I think getting to 18 wins and they would almost certainly be in, there's some bid steals that could happen but I would give about a 95% chance that they'd be in at say 18-14. I think 17 wins and they'd even have a pretty good shot, say 50/50, probably would depend on bid steals at that point.

Looking at a SEC teams in the NIT last year, records include SECT...

South Carolina 24-8 SOS 73rd
Florida 19-14 SOS 22nd
Georgia 19-13 SOS 35th
Alabama 18-14 SOS 32nd

Ole Miss was left out at 20-12 but a SOS of 81st, LSU was left out at 19-14 with a SOS of 60th. I'm not sure what the RPI numbers were for each team, but that would be interesting to know.

Tennessee is projected to have the #17 SOS in the country, so that's a major bonus. With that SOS I think getting to 18 wins and they would almost certainly be in, there's some bid steals that could happen but I would give about a 95% chance that they'd be in at say 18-14. I think 17 wins and they'd even have a pretty good shot, say 50/50, probably would depend on bid steals at that point.

Pretty sure LSU declined an invitation. Our SOS will help but I have a feeling the NIT likes to have teams in mind before the conference tourneys so only 16 wins in the regular season would worry me.

Pretty sure LSU declined an invitation. Our SOS will help but I have a feeling the NIT likes to have teams in mind before the conference tourneys so only 16 wins in the regular season would worry me.

Forgot about that with LSU, positive sign that they likely would've gotten in as well...I see what you're saying and that could definitely be true, 2/3 SEC teams entered SECT with 17 wins and made it, so maybe finishing the season at 17-14 and going 1-1 or 0-1 would be better for our chances than 16-15 and going 2-1 or 1-1.

I'll add too though that UT with 16 wins and that SOS is probably pretty equal to those other teams with 17 wins and a lesser SOS. It's clearly not all about overall wins or a team like Ole Miss would've definitely gotten in.

Last edited:
Forgot about that with LSU, positive sign that they likely would've gotten in as well...I see what you're saying and that could definitely be true, 2/3 SEC teams entered SECT with 17 wins and made it, so maybe finishing the season at 17-14 and going 1-1 or 0-1 would be better for our chances than 16-15 and going 2-1 or 1-1.

I'll add too though that UT with 16 wins and that SOS is probably pretty equal to those other teams with 17 wins and a lesser SOS. It's clearly not all about overall wins or a team like Ole Miss would've definitely gotten in.

Would like to know the resume of 2014 Ole miss(19-14), 2013 LSU(19-12) and 2013 Arkansas(19-13). Those teams didn't make the NIT.

VN Store

Back