2018 LV Recruits on the Radar

You got a verbal commitment on Ododa position really? you telling a #1 recruit that? I don't think u know sports at all.

What are you talking about?
Tennessee has a verbal from Amira Collins.
Specifically stating that I don't know for sure just going by height Ododa plays the same position as Amira.

Joanne P. McCallie can recruit, too. Doesn't make her a competent coach.

Some people just don't get it.

Coach Holly Warlick already has 3 top 10 All Americans starting for her and she has coached them out of the Top 25 polls, two years in the running.

AND her team just lost to Ole Miss! A team that has not beaten The Lady Vols in 28 straight games.

:crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
If the bench were strong, she could pull players when she wanted to but that is not the case. I remember back in the day when a player would make a bad pass or dumb play/shot or fail on defense, Pat would immediately pull her and put in another (good) player. I agree with Raider that Holly does not have that luxury and it does make a big difference. The minutes the players rack up per game is way too high. It's no wonder they get tired and lose focus because of it. Yea, she has a bunch of all-Americans on her team and they have to play pretty much the whole game.

Reactions: 3 people
????? What do you want to bet ??? How much does it amount to ? I am willing to go up to a Million .Maybe two million if that is what you want to wager.

"Well, I said NO injuries and Kamera Harris stubbed her toe during the 20 point loss to Baylor!!!!!!!!!! If she had played, they would have WON that game!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Book it, now.

Reactions: 1 person
If MR and DD leave after this season, we will be left with Nared, Cooper and a bunch of freshmen. Not
the formula for a lot of wins. (That's regardless of how talented the frosh are) The following years could be a different story.

If the bench were strong, she could pull players when she wanted to but that is not the case. I remember back in the day when a player would make a bad pass or dumb play/shot or fail on defense, Pat would immediately pull her and put in another (good) player. I agree with Raider that Holly does not have that luxury and it does make a big difference. The minutes the players rack up per game is way too high. It's no wonder they get tired and lose focus because of it. Yea, she has a bunch of all-Americans on her team and they have to play pretty much the whole game.

Geno plays six, seven or eight players at the most. He demands that his players be ready to play 40 minutes if needed. They excel to this standard by grueling practice sessions. I agree with your assessment of Pat's strategy. She was a great motivator also. Unfortunately, Holly lacks both player bench strength and motivational skills.

I'm willing to bet my mortgage, car, life insurance policy, 401k and anything else of materialistic value that this team will look totally different next year WITH HOLLY AT THE HELM....injury free and Mercedes stays, we lose no more than 5 games.

Please, please 1908, take your post back! Holly looked good her first 3 years as a HC because she had a number of players that were influenced by Pat. She had a large bench also. It takes good coaching plus good talent to win basketball games. No matter how much talent the LVs have, they do no have good coaching. The regular season win-loss record will be more like 19-10, even if Mercedes returns.

If MR and DD leave after this season, we will be left with Nared, Cooper and a bunch of freshmen. Not
the formula for a lot of wins. (That's regardless of how talented the frosh are) The following years could be a different story.

According to everyone on here 7 or 8 players is the right number. I don't necessarily agree but if that is the case Nared and Cooper will start and many here believe Green is going to be a big help. I do not know enough about here to disagree but she would give us 8 pretty good players. Then the bench would have Middleton, Jackson, Dunbar and Harris. Just what we have now. I would say average talent at best. At least we would have bodies to sub in at critical times which is often with Holly. Would be just as good as what we have now but if MR and DD come back so be it. Even without them back we would not lose the 14 or more we are going to lose this year. I am very afraid with Pats intervention from above no tourney for us !

According to everyone on here 7 or 8 players is the right number. I don't necessarily agree but if that is the case Nared and Cooper will start and many here believe Green is going to be a big help. I do not know enough about here to disagree but she would give us 8 pretty good players. Then the bench would have Middleton, Jackson, Dunbar and Harris. Just what we have now. I would say average talent at best. At least we would have bodies to sub in at critical times which is often with Holly. Would be just as good as what we have now but if MR and DD come back so be it. Even without them back we would not lose the 14 or more we are going to lose this year. I am very afraid with Pats intervention from above no tourney for us !

Three months ago, people here were annointing Schaqila Nunn to be an upgrade over Bashaara Graves. And Nunn wasn't recovering from a torn ACL.

If MR goes to the WNBA after this season, which she 100% should do unless this season magically turns around, then this team will be royally screwed next season when Kamera Harris returns as the only experienced post player on the team. And you can bet Holly will still run her "offense" by throwing the ball to her and playing "Inside OUT!!!!".

If Diamond leaves with her (which I think is a near certainty), I don't expect them to be ranked preseason and probably won't be in the rankings at all for the year.

Three months ago, people here were annointing Schaqila Nunn to be an upgrade over Bashaara Graves. And Nunn wasn't recovering from a torn ACL.

If MR goes to the WNBA after this season, which she 100% should do unless this season magically turns around, then this team will be royally screwed next season when Kamera Harris returns as the only experienced post player on the team. And you can bet Holly will still run her "offense" by throwing the ball to her and playing "Inside OUT!!!!".

If Diamond leaves with her (which I think is a near certainty), I don't expect them to be ranked preseason and probably won't be in the rankings at all for the year.

I knew nothing about Nunn before the injury but since she has it and cannot separate from the floor by jumping I would say it is more problematic that they thought it would be. I did hear Holly say when we played Winthrop she wore us out. Someone wearing us out does not surprise me either.

I would think that they would more than likely stay if magic does not hit this team. Both would have another year to get advanced degrees as well as improve draft stock. Either way I think we will be ok as we are this year. JMO

Last edited:
I would think that they would more than likely stay if magic does not hit this team. Both would have another year to get advanced degrees as well as improve draft stock. Either way I think we will be ok as we are this year. JMO

I doubt either of them cares about a Master's right now, and there's only a benefit when you play for someone who can make you better. And they play for Holly.

They're wasting their time playing for an inept coach, and in Diamond's case, she's regressing.

I knew nothing about Nunn before the injury but since she has it and cannot separate from the floor by jumping I would say it is more problematic that they thought it would be. I did hear Holly say when we played Winthrop she wore us out. Someone wearing us out does not surprise me either.

Her jumping is not the issue. Even though she had a double-double, I don't recall her being that athletic when Tennessee stomped Winthrop. Bashaara rarely left the ground when she rebounded, but like Nunn, she was excellent in getting in position and had awesome hands.

I'd say the problem with Qui is that she's just not that good.

I doubt either of them cares about a Master's right now, and there's only a benefit when you play for someone who can make you better. And they play for Holly.

They're wasting their time playing for an inept coach, and in Diamond's case, she's regressing.

You may be right but both come from families that can help them out either way but they like most need as much education as they can get because WBB is not a forever money maker for them. JMO

Her jumping is not the issue. Even though she had a double-double, I don't recall her being that athletic when Tennessee stomped Winthrop. Bashaara rarely left the ground when she rebounded, but like Nunn, she was excellent in getting in position and had awesome hands.

I'd say the problem with Qui is that she's just not that good.

As I said Holly said she wore us out not me. Graves could outjump Nunn every day of the week and I do not know if she is in WNBA now or not. About every time Nunn, (who I think does the best she can) gets the ball inside she cannot elevate enough to get above all the hands guarding her.

Thanks JMO!

I think they both leave but I don't think next year will be as bad as I believe the freshman will compete some of the games we lost we just don't compete through all positions

You may be right but both come from families that can help them out either way but they like most need as much education as they can get because WBB is not a forever money maker for them. JMO

They're both "communications studies" majors. Somehow, I doubt a post graduate degree matters for them. They probably want to go into broadcasting or coaching. If they want to explore the business world, they can get an MBA during the WNBA offseason or part time.

There's zero advantage for them to get a graduate degree from Tennessee at this point unless they really just want to play another year of college basketball, which I have difficulty believing is an attractive option right now.

VN Store

Back