2018 LV Recruits on the Radar

Hamilton Heights also has Treasure Hunt highly rated, and E Balogun has a sister Ruth on team. Dylann Claybrook also, the whole team almost all ranked.

This small Church school could be a great feeding grounds for Tennessee. I'm not sure that Tennessee is after Treasure Hunt.

This small Church school could be a great feeding grounds for Tennessee. I'm not sure that Tennessee is after Treasure Hunt.

She is just a Freshman and everybody else is after her!!! We might as well get on the band wagon...

These ladies play close to Nashville this weekend!!

1/14/17 Sat (WILSON CENTRAL CLASSIC) 3PM
1/15/17 Sun. (WHITES CREEK HIGH )(PROVIDENCE DAY) 6PM
1/16/17 Mon. (WHITES CREEK HIGH) (MEMPHIS CENTRAL)
11AM
:dance2:

Last edited:

Treasure Hunt (Freshman guard) 5'10" (Top 10 2020)
Has offers from Ala. L,S.U. South Carolina, and Tenn.

Kamilla Soares Cardoso (Freshman Center) 6'6" (Brazil)
Has offer from Western Ky.

Jasmine Massengill 6'0" Guard and Elizabeth Balogun 6'0" Guard both have offers from Tennessee and have visited several times.... They also have tooooo many offers to list:crazy:

Lady Vol fans just wanted to pop in and tell you about a recent encounter I had. I live in Raleigh, NC and work at a popular restaurant and just happened to notice that a man at my table was showing off pictures of Neyland stadium, and the weight room at UT to his friend. Now when someone in Raleigh is showing off the big orange I always jump at the chance to say GBO. He pulled me aside and asked if I was a Tennessee fan, I of course stop everything I'm doing to have a conversation. Those other tables can wait. He then proceeds to tell me about a recruiting trip that he and his daughter just got back from. Come to find out his daughter is Izabella Nicoletti. Now Im not going to jump to any conclusion, but he definitely wasn't showing off any other school to his friends and gave me a Go Vols! as they left

Reactions: 10 people
I've read much about Ododa on the board but we already have a verbal at her position in Collins.

I'm thinking Christyn and Jazmine as LVs.

You got a verbal commitment on Ododa position really? you telling a #1 recruit that? I don't think u know sports at all.

Lady Vol fans just wanted to pop in and tell you about a recent encounter I had. I live in Raleigh, NC and work at a popular restaurant and just happened to notice that a man at my table was showing off pictures of Neyland stadium, and the weight room at UT to his friend. Now when someone in Raleigh is showing off the big orange I always jump at the chance to say GBO. He pulled me aside and asked if I was a Tennessee fan, I of course stop everything I'm doing to have a conversation. Those other tables can wait. He then proceeds to tell me about a recruiting trip that he and his daughter just got back from. Come to find out his daughter is Izabella Nicoletti. Now Im not going to jump to any conclusion, but he definitely wasn't showing off any other school to his friends and gave me a Go Vols! as they left
She seems like a great prospect! Did you get a verbal?

Reactions: 3 people

Thanks for sharing!

GOLadyVols!:good!:

Reactions: 4 people
She is just a Freshman and everybody else is after her!!! We might as well get on the band wagon...

These ladies play close to Nashville this weekend!!

1/14/17 Sat (WILSON CENTRAL CLASSIC) 3PM
1/15/17 Sun. (WHITES CREEK HIGH )(PROVIDENCE DAY) 6PM
1/16/17 Mon. (WHITES CREEK HIGH) (MEMPHIS CENTRAL)
11AM
:dance2:

I got the times and wanted to post in case anyone wants to go and see these ladies???? They play all over the U.S. and this is as close to NASHVILLE as they will get!
Will post my thoughts after this weekend...:clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
You got a verbal commitment on Ododa position really? you telling a #1 recruit that? I don't think u know sports at all.

They don't play the same position, Collins is a 4 who has some 3 abilities and Ododa is a 5 with 4 abilities. Not the same spot! I want them both!

Would love to have 1. Olivia Nelson-Ododa, 2. Izabella Nicoletti , 3. Aquira DeCosta, 4. Jazmine Massengill because of the school she plays for, We have 5. Amira Collins. If and I hope not Mercedes Russell and or Diamond DeShields leaves. then also Elizabeth Balogun, team mate of Jazmine Massengill, and Honesty Scott-Grayson. The Lady Vols will have 6 spots open. If MR and DD leaves they will have 8. Can't wait to see Cheridene Green play next year.

For people saying how bad a coach Holly is, she is about to get another top commit in the near future.

She must be doing something right.

Reactions: 5 people
For people saying how bad a coach Holly is, she is about to get another top commit in the near future.

She must be doing something right.

She's doing a fine job getting recruits...Which could also be attributed to the fact that the programs' rich history can sell itself.

But even you must admit that she's doing a poor job on the court.

Reactions: 5 people
My biggest gripe with Holly is that she doesn't use her timeouts efficiently. Other than that, I don't have a problem with her.

I have a problem with us getting a lead and then firing up bad shots. I have a problem with stupid lackadaisical plays that cause turnovers that lead to large runs for the other team. If we had a better bench, Holly could sub out for players that are making these plays. We don't though. Holly has to play the players she trusts, and right now, that's seven players on a good night.

Holly is no different now than when the team two years ago went 30-6. She is coaching the exact same way. The difference, we had a larger bench and more contributors to pull from. We don't have that this year. Having Cooper & Green available would've helped this team so much. But, it is what it is. I don't blame Holly for everything because I know what she has done in the past. I blame the players, who have been playing basketball their entire lives, for not knowing a good shot or a bad shot, a good pass or a bad pass, etc.

Reactions: 8 people
My biggest gripe with Holly is that she doesn't use her timeouts efficiently. Other than that, I don't have a problem with her.

I have a problem with us getting a lead and then firing up bad shots. I have a problem with stupid lackadaisical plays that cause turnovers that lead to large runs for the other team. If we had a better bench, Holly could sub out for players that are making these plays. We don't though. Holly has to play the players she trusts, and right now, that's seven players on a good night.

Holly is no different now than when the team two years ago went 30-6. She is coaching the exact same way. The difference, we had a larger bench and more contributors to pull from. We don't have that this year. Having Cooper & Green available would've helped this team so much. But, it is what it is. I don't blame Holly for everything because I know what she has done in the past. I blame the players, who have been playing basketball their entire lives, for not knowing a good shot or a bad shot, a good pass or a bad pass, etc.

I always like to hear what you have to offer Raider and this time is no different. Scratching my head on the next great recruit and who that is too.
I have been pissed all year and other years as well about the lack of using a timeout to stop a run. All the great ones do it but not HW. One other thing that pisses me off is when she is steadily waving her arms for them to push it up the floor and then they stop and hold the ball until the clock winds down and defeats the purpose of getting up the floor fast as well.
Finally as I have said since practice started this bench as short and weak as it is will kill us. It does and it has. That is not any players fault but the fault to HW because she did not get any recruits you might say this past year. Like in football injuries are part of the game and the buck stops with her!! :mf_surrender:
Thanks

I have great respect for anything you post especially when it comes to recruiting.But ,the things you reference that trouble you in this team's failures and more and more in a losing effort are directly attributable to very poor Coaching and leadership ....it has been happening for three years now ......it's about time that everyone take a breath and realize that Coaching is a huge,huge problem at the University of Tennessee Lady Vols BB team and corrective action needs to take place soon ....like at the conclusion of this season.

Reactions: 1 person
I have great respect for anything you post especially when it comes to recruiting.But ,the things you reference that trouble you in this team's failures and more and more in a losing effort are directly attributable to very poor Coaching and leadership ....it has been happening for three years now ......it's about time that everyone take a breath and realize that Coaching is a huge,huge problem at the University of Tennessee Lady Vols BB team and corrective action needs to take place soon ....like at the conclusion of this season.

Holly isn't going anywhere, so anyone who doesn't like her should find another team to root for and avoid any undue stress on your life. Holly is not leaving unless she decides to. Period.

Reactions: 6 people
Holly isn't going anywhere, so anyone who doesn't like her should find another team to root for and avoid any undue stress on your life. Holly is not leaving unless she decides to. Period.

And that is exactly what is happening if you look at the stands during their games now. Most there are elderly and they hung in during Pats reign and will not reup for much longer.

I do agree that she is not leaving unless by her own free will.

It is not a matter of like or dislike of Holly .Rather it is a recognition of how she has wrecked the program that is disliked .Heck .I like Holly .I think she is a great person and has devoted her entire adult life to the Lady Vols but that does not diminish the most damaging effect she is having as a coach of the Lady Vols.Anyone with any basic knowledge of basketball understands that .I have rooted for the Lady Vols since 1977 so please do not challenge my fandom . And ,my life is not stressed at all.That is a very strong statement that she will not leave unless she decides to leave .She just might be nudged by the next Athletic Director to seriously consider retirement...that would be the best of all worlds both for her,the University and the Lady Vols Basketball Program.Hopefully she will come to that conclusion on her own at season's end this year.

I agree with some of the things you stated in your assessment of the Ole Miss loss. However, bad shots. poor passing, turnovers on a consistent basis is a coaching problem. Does UCONN have all the mature players and TN have all the immature ones? I think not. The difference is coaching.

It is not a matter of like or dislike of Holly .Rather it is a recognition of how she has wrecked the program that is disliked .Heck .I like Holly .I think she is a great person and has devoted her entire adult life to the Lady Vols but that does not diminish the most damaging effect she is having as a coach of the Lady Vols.Anyone with any basic knowledge of basketball understands that .I have rooted for the Lady Vols since 1977 so please do not challenge my fandom . And ,my life is not stressed at all.That is a very strong statement that she will not leave unless she decides to leave .She just might be nudged by the next Athletic Director to seriously consider retirement...that would be the best of all worlds both for her,the University and the Lady Vols Basketball Program.Hopefully she will come to that conclusion on her own at season's end this year.

Well said!

I'm willing to bet my mortgage, car, life insurance policy, 401k and anything else of materialistic value that this team will look totally different next year WITH HOLLY AT THE HELM....injury free and Mercedes stays, we lose no more than 5 games.

I'm willing to bet my mortgage, car, life insurance policy, 401k and anything else of materialistic value that this team will look totally different next year WITH HOLLY AT THE HELM....injury free and Mercedes stays, we lose no more than 5 games.

Just how much does that amount to because I will seriously consider taking you up on that bet and you can be assured I can cover it.

If I were you I would not bet that way. Its a sure way to lose money.

VN Store

Back