Cal has interest in Derek Mason

Fingers

- Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman reports Cal may have interest in Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason for their head coaching job, and another sitting head coach is in the mix. Feldman adds that Wisconsin defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox has interviewed for the job.
coachingsearch.com

If he bolts, you can rename Cal to Stoic U, between Mason and Cuonzo Martin.

I would run to that job if I'm mason. Did their defense struggle? I know ow teams typically go opposite the guy they fired.

Mason would be a good hire for Cal. They have academic considerations too and he fits that bill coming from Stanford and Vandy.

It certainly would be a philosophical change for them. Don't know exactly how good or bad their defense was but Dykes was an offensive guy that ran a wide open downfield passing scheme.

Hmm... If Mason bolts from Vandy to Cal, will the NegaVols still foretell Team 121's falter at season's end? Will they post incessantly of fill-in-Vandy-coach's ownership of CBJ?

I would take a pay cut to get away from Candy. It's a 2-3 job to show some glimmer of hope. If I was on the searching committee, I'd have some hard questions for him on the bowl flop!

He made it to a bowl game. Vandy will want to keep him and give him a raise.

He'll most likely be praying for a job like cal in a couple of years.

I want them to hire tee just so I can see how he does as a HC.

VN Store

Back