'17 MO PF Derrick Walker Jr. (UT commit 2/3/17)

Parker doesn't seem to be much of a threat from three. If he's not the best option at the backup point guard then he's adding very little on the offensive end. His defense needs to be outstanding in order to get minutes after Bone returns. It's probably a dog fight between Turner and Parker for minutes... Phillips seems to have earned his. Turner, although he has odd form, is the biggest threat to knock down 3s between himself, Phillips, and Parker.

I think Bone'a return will tell us a lot about how the staff views Parker, Turner and Phillips...to me Turner has looked better off the ball, same for Phillips. If they go with Bone and Parker at PG I think there's enough minutes for them to be happy, if you see Turner or Phillips backing up Bone and Parker essentially out of the rotation then it could be something to watch.

That's exactly what I was driving at.

Finished up his visit and headed out of town this morning, VQ seems to think the Vols lead but have also said they believe staff wants an answer from Yves Pons first. Said they don't believe staff will just take 2 and run someone off and no one at this point has indicated they're considering leaving, so...seems like Pons or Walker Jr. to finish out the '17 class.

Finished up his visit and headed out of town this morning, VQ seems to think the Vols lead but have also said they believe staff wants an answer from Yves Pons first. Said they don't believe staff will just take 2 and run someone off and no one at this point has indicated they're considering leaving, so...seems like Pons or Walker Jr. to finish out the '17 class.

I'm good with either

We better pray for Pons. He could become a star here.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm certainly hoping for pons. Need a good SF to take over for Hubbs. Hopefully jalen can help out with that as well, if he turns out to be good, it might be beneficial to get Walker.

Ryan Callahan ‏@RyanCallahan247

Ryan Callahan Retweeted @GrantRamey
Post-visit update on #Vols hoops target.
C1cO8eVUkAE-sWW.jpg

4:07 PM - 5 Jan 2017
https://twitter.com/GrantRamey/status/817138540668715008

Would be nice to get both, especially with a guard heavy team. That would give a center, PF and SF in the class.

Maybe, I don't think so though. I would expect a Grad Trans or something and 1 more HS prospect.

If we take 2 HS kids, we will have 0 spots in 18 (Until people leave).

One or two will probably leave, you can almost count on yearly attrition with Barnes.

No more reason for slow-playing, if indeed that was the case.

Barnes having earned the right to be semi-retired in the recruiting area, as expressed by his staff, leaves little hope that we land either guy.
Who would impress you more; a home visit from a head coach with a winning record or one that sends his assistants with a losing record?

His scheduled unofficials.

St. John's - 1/14
Georgia - 1/28
After all three visits, Walker figures he’ll know where he wants to go.
“I should know after my last visit where I’ll be committing,” he said.

Same comment I just made on Pons. Don't get all lathered up only to be let down yet again.

VN Store

Back