MSU stays unbeaten with first-ever win in Knoxville

How many games have the Lady Vols won with Enterline and crew refereeing the game in the last 4 years?

I would like to see the data on this. Even when we were good, if he walked on the court, you knew we were in trouble. Remember how he was with Semeka? Her daddy swore BE hated her....and it was not hard to believe Mr. Randall was correct when you saw how she was treated during games BE reffed.

Yep, and that bar will continue to be raised until it is not attainable. On a more positive note, those that I thought were definitely negavols did post some positive things during this past run so there is hope that they are not completely miserable. Some are never going to be satisfied. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who they are because of their consistency.

Yes - I have seen some positive posts in recent weeks from some of the most critical (who I had already realized are not all Nega Vols). Many of these have followed the program closer than I have and have far more basketball knowledge than I do - so I was super pumped to see them giving credit for improvements!

And agree 100% with your last sentence!

Sorry, I agree with you. Everything considered we fans search to find too many negative things. Like many of the posters, I agree we have issues on this team that have to be dealt with, however, I try to give the ladies credit when it is due. One thing we lack is on court leadership.

Thank you... and I agree too that certainly there are issues - anybody would be ridiculous to say there aren't. I know they have worked hard to improve them and are still working hard to get better. I'm encouraged by what I have seen.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, and that bar will continue to be raised until it is not attainable. On a more positive note, those that I thought were definitely negavols did post some positive things during this past run so there is hope that they are not completely miserable. Some are never going to be satisfied. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who they are because of their consistency.

You say the 'bar will continue to be raised [by critics] until it is not attainable. What unattainable bar are you suggesting that critics like myself aspire to? Winning a national title? We've won 8--so you'll have to explain why that--the highest bar--is somehow now unattainable. If you mean that it is unattainable with this coach, then, yea, you are surely right. You add: Some are "never going to be satisfied." Satisfied with what? I'm sorry if your standards are low. Mine aren't. We've got more talent than Miss. State, we lose to teams we should not lose to, and you think the critics are a problem. No, that's not the problem. Year after year of mediocre or worse coaching--that's the problem. And fans like you, who seem satisfied with our premier program falling into a state of mediocrity--that's an issue, too.

Reactions: 7 people
You say the 'bar will continue to be raised [by critics] until it is not attainable. What unattainable bar are you suggesting that critics like myself aspire to? Winning a national title? We've won 8--so you'll have to explain why that--the highest bar--is somehow now unattainable. If you mean that it is unattainable with this coach, then, yea, you are surely right. You add: Some are "never going to be satisfied." Satisfied with what? I'm sorry if your standards are low. Mine aren't. We've got more talent than Miss. State, we lose to teams we should not lose to, and you think the critics are a problem. No, that's not the problem. Year after year of mediocre or worse coaching--that's the problem. And fans like you, who seem satisfied with our premier program falling into a state of mediocrity--that's an issue, too.

Critics like yourself rarely post anything positive about the program and when you do, there is always a caveat. I get you, you believe the team and coaches stink. I don't see why you have to say the same thing over and over and over again.

You talk about people living in the past but you quote history pretty much in very post you write. Who is living in the past?

My standards are not low, in fact, I would not be where I am doing what I do if I had low standards but then I don't have the need to be satisfied with everything in my life and I sure don't have to trash people and a program just to get some revenge or vent frustration because I don't get what I want.

You say I am an issue I guess because I choose to be positive. I can say the same thing about your negativity and those long posts you write that really say nothing other than you are disgusted with the state of affairs and have been for a long time. I posted a while back about credibility. You should read it because you are one of the main posters here who lack it. When you only have one agenda, and you repeat it over and over again, over several YEARS, you get a label. Care to guess what your label is?

You should consider giving it a break. Your behavior is unhealthy if you really are as frustrated as you come across. You may be flirting with serious (stress induced) health issues which you will regret some day. You've been at this for several years so this is not something new for you.

There are a lot of frustrated posters who frequent this forum but at least they are not totally focused on the negative things that are happening. Some are pretty smart basketball wise and I actually agree with some of their posts that are sometimes negative because they also give credit where credit is due. You don't. You are on the other end of the spectrum always with your negative waves (sorry, I watched a Clint Eastwood movie last night).. I guess you are proud of yourself in carrying the banner of negativity. Some of us are just tired of it and don't mind calling you out on it. So, I guess I am an issue for you after all.

Reactions: 2 people
Critics like yourself rarely post anything positive about the program and when you do, there is always a caveat. I get you, you believe the team and coaches stink. I don't see why you have to say the same thing over and over and over again.

You talk about people living in the past but you quote history pretty much in very post you write. Who is living in the past?

My standards are not low, in fact, I would not be where I am doing what I do if I had low standards but then I don't have the need to be satisfied with everything in my life and I sure don't have to trash people and a program just to get some revenge or vent frustration because I don't get what I want.

You say I am an issue I guess because I choose to be positive. I can say the same thing about your negativity and those long posts you write that really say nothing other than you are disgusted with the state of affairs and have been for a long time. I posted a while back about credibility. You should read it because you are one of the main posters here who lack it. When you only have one agenda, and you repeat it over and over again, over several YEARS, you get a label. Care to guess what your label is?

You should consider giving it a break. Your behavior is unhealthy if you really are as frustrated as you come across. You may be flirting with serious (stress induced) health issues which you will regret some day. You've been at this for several years so this is not something new for you.

There are a lot of frustrated posters who frequent this forum but at least they are not totally focused on the negative things that are happening. Some are pretty smart basketball wise and I actually agree with some of their posts that are sometimes negative because they also give credit where credit is due. You don't. You are on the other end of the spectrum always with your negative waves (sorry, I watched a Clint Eastwood movie last night).. I guess you are proud of yourself in carrying the banner of negativity. Some of us are just tired of it and don't mind calling you out on it. So, I guess I am an issue for you after all.

Which movie?..

One of the best and most accurate posts I've ever seen in this forum. By the way, you can find armchair spreading negativity in just about every forum on VN.

Reactions: 5 people

Keeping it real. :eek:k:

I'm not sure exactly what armchair says that gets anyone in a tizzy. He basically says what everyone should be seeing anyway. Maybe more positive would be posted on this board if the program were actually in a positive state.

I mean, your posts are just as predictable as his are, Rickster. And your attitude is just as combative and you are just as hell bent at saying the exact same thing over and over and over. Do you think constantly staying combative with people over opinions on here makes you look any better than armchair? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 people
Not that he needs it or even wants it, but, in defense of armchair, I'll say this.
Yes, he sees the glass as half empty all the time but he's also among the most accurate of posters here when it comes to predicting outcomes for the LV's. The best example of this was his cautioning us about being too enthusiastic about Middleton and Dunbar when he questioned if they were athletic enough to play at this level. Go back and read the threads. I wish he wasn't so accurate but the facts are he was.
I understand your annoyance with posters who continually complain about the team's situation. It wears on you. It gets to feel similar to being lectured by fans from another team. (Whose side is he on anyway ?)
But think about this. We are now in the second straight season where we have fallen out of the top 25. How many years ago would that have been unthinkable ? So, while armchair's responses might seem extremely negative, so has the team's results. Relatively speaking.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure exactly what armchair says that gets anyone in a tizzy. He basically says what everyone should be seeing anyway. Maybe more positive would be posted on this board if the program were actually in a positive state.

I mean, your posts are just as predictable as his are, Rickster. And your attitude is just as combative and you are just as hell bent at saying the exact same thing over and over and over. Do you think constantly staying combative with people over opinions on here makes you look any better than armchair? :rolleyes:

Sometimes I have to avoid a good thread because of these things

Reactions: 1 person

:eek:k:

VN Store

Back