Rennia Davis to Tennessee

I just want to know what the expectations are for that class... at least 1 FF? Maybe 2 and at least 1 Natty? Don't forget Rellah Boothe already promised 2 of the 4 between 2017-2018 through 2020-2021 to Texas...

They should be one of the favorites to win the NC next season. They will graduate 5 players after next season. Beyond that, it depends on what the 2018 and 2019 recruiting classes look like. If they can recruit quality players in the 2018 class, they should be FF mainstays.

Is that with DeSheilds and Russell staying as a contingency or no contingencies? Either way you feel like they could be FF bound as early as next year.

Is that with DeSheilds and Russell staying as a contingency or no contingencies? Either way you feel like they could be FF bound as early as next year.

With Russell and DeShields staying, yes...I believe they can be FF bound. After all, Jordan will finally be graduating and they have the potential to have a real PG playing her minutes, whether it's a true freshman or a returning injured player.

All bets are off if DeShields decides to take a hike early to the WNBA Promised Land.

Reactions: 5 people
Obviously, great high school players still want to come here. I believe a great head coach would as well if we were in the market for one.

Reactions: 2 people
Never mind, don't even answer...just went through almost ALL of your post and it's CLEAR what your agenda is here!!! Board get prepared....we've lost our first game of the season and the Lady Vol Haters are about to come out in full force!!!

Let's make it abundantly clear, just because many of us believe Holly can't lead Tennessee to another championship, it in NO way means we are LV haters. In my case, the opposite is true. I've been around the LV program from the start and was the first LV intern in the athletic department, working for Debby Jennings. I've watched, partied with (as a student) and experienced Holly for decades. She's a fun, sweet woman ... but she doesn't have the makeup for head-coach greatness. Her inability to motivate and lead with an iron fist are her downfalls. Holly is a career assistant who everyone was praying and hoping could step into Pat's shoes and continue the greatness.

It's not going to happen. If someone has shown you what she is from day one, believe it. In the past who do you think the players turned to when Pat was being Pat and coming down hard on them? Holly.

Please don't get me wrong. I admire and like Holly, but she is in over her head with this job, and this sentiment has been revealed in this forum for the past two years now. I wholeheartedly wanted Holly to succeed, but the writing is on the wall. Teams reflect their coaches, and Holly is a laid-back, easy-going good olé Knoxvillian at ease riding her hog and enjoying life. Retirement will be her best friend, and I wish her nothing but health and happiness and have nothing but admiration for the person she is.

In closing, I honestly don't see Holly as the coach who can replace Geno at the top of the heap. We need to find that person and rebuild this historic, beloved program to its former glory ... sooner than later.

Reactions: 7 people
With Russell and DeShields staying, yes...I believe they can be FF bound. After all, Jordan will finally be graduating and they have the potential to have a real PG playing her minutes, whether it's a true freshman or a returning injured player.

All bets are off if DeShields decides to take a hike early to the WNBA Promised Land.

I don't think DD will leave early, mainly due to the fact $$ is no issue and she probably wants a healthy year with her bff, Te'a.

If Holly will get out of her own way and out of her own head and let Te'a and Hayes lead from the point, next year's team may possibly be able to make the Final Four. If not, the new head coach will have plenty of talent in which to turn this historic program in the right direction.

This year, however, we're in for a long, tough, gut-wrenching ride. This team has no heart, no guts and no leadership (within or from the coaches).

Reactions: 2 people
Have to stay positive through this season as most of these players will make the rotation and put current players on the bench. I expect Hayes to take the point and Davis and Westbrooks will push for a lot of playing time at the expense of Dunbar, Middleton, and Jackson.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's make it abundantly clear, just because many of us believe Holly can't lead Tennessee to another championship, it in NO way means we are LV haters. In my case, the opposite is true. I've been around the LV program from the start and was the first LV intern in the athletic department, working for Debby Jennings. I've watched, partied with (as a student) and experienced Holly for decades. She's a fun, sweet woman ... but she doesn't have the makeup for head-coach greatness. Her inability to motivate and lead with an iron fist are her downfalls. Holly is a career assistant who everyone was praying and hoping could step into Pat's shoes and continue the greatness.

It's not going to happen. If someone has shown you what she is from day one, believe it. In the past who do you think the players turned to when Pat was being Pat and coming down hard on them? Holly.

Please don't get me wrong. I admire and like Holly, but she is in over her head with this job, and this sentiment has been revealed in this forum for the past two years now. I wholeheartedly wanted Holly to succeed, but the writing is on the wall. Teams reflect their coaches, and Holly is a laid-back, easy-going good olé Knoxvillian at ease riding her hog and enjoying life. Retirement will be her best friend, and I wish her nothing but health and happiness and have nothing but admiration for the person she is.

In closing, I honestly don't see Holly as the coach who can replace Geno at the top of the heap. We need to find that person and rebuild this historic, beloved program to its former glory ... sooner than later.

I think you summarized what many of us so called "holly haters" feel. I don't know her, only met her a couple of times, but I'm sure she is a great person. She just isn't a head coach of a major woman's basketball program. unfortunately she is our coach for at least the next couple of years. I don't think she could take last years UConn roster and get to the final four.

Reactions: 3 people
can't some of you show some respect to our new players without turning it into a bash the coach thread ?

pitiful

and once again,Welcome to the Lady Vols Rennia Davis :hi:

:pepper::welcomec::3cheers::groupwave::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Reactions: 13 people
I think you summarized what many of us so called "holly haters" feel. I don't know her, only met her a couple of times, but I'm sure she is a great person. She just isn't a head coach of a major woman's basketball program. unfortunately she is our coach for at least the next couple of years. I don't think she could take last years UConn roster and get to the final four.

I don't think she could take this year's Olympic team roster and make the final four.

as of 1/7/17
Rennia
Davis
Ribault High School
JacksonvilleFL
6'1"Senior
Graduates in 2017
Plays Basketball
16-17 Varsity Basketball
Jersey#10OverallDistrict15-35-0Nat. RankFL Rank2025
GP
P/G
Ast/G
Reb/G
Stl/G
Blk/G
Rennia's StatsNational Avg

Reactions: 3 people
as of 1/7/17
Rennia
Davis
Ribault High School
JacksonvilleFL
6'1"Senior
Graduates in 2017
Plays Basketball
16-17 Varsity Basketball
Jersey#10OverallDistrict15-35-0Nat. RankFL Rank2025
GP
P/G
Ast/G
Reb/G
Stl/G
Blk/G
Rennia's StatsNational Avg

We all know she can score so the 3.6 assists and 2.5 steals are encouraging.

VN Store

Back