JG during bowl practice

JG needs a yr or 2 to put on muscle. this is why i said we're very likely to see Sherriron Jones game 1

Let's hope JG is a great leader with poise, accuracy and touch, because I have a feeling Josh Dobbs will be sorely missed:good!:

No doubt excited about potential of legit passing game, but don't think anyone on roster has Dobbs ability to take over running...he WILL be missed in games like UGA, though passing stats may be an upgrade.

We desperately need him to be a STAR.legit heisman candidate stuff. Single handily winning some games. A player than can pick a game up by himself. We need to win the east at all costs next season.

I got a feeling we will have a better passing game and just as big a running threat as we had. That's not a knock on Dobbs, he had a good career at UT. He wasn't the best passer we have ever had by far but he was a competitor and a leader. That said I don't expect a drop off at QB. GBO!!!!!

I agree. After watching Kelly run, I'll say this, and being a Raven's fan, I'm no fan of Pittsburgh, but after watching the Music City bowl a couple of times, one thing stands out. Kelly reminds me of Le'veon Bell in the way he is very patient. He pauses for a moment behind the line to let something open and then explodes forward. If we have a good run game next year, it really could give JG the extra time he needs to become a great QB, instead of running for his life. Also, with Jashon Robertson coming back. We should have a better Oline, though after watching them most of the year, we still need some definite improvement. Just my :twocents:

This video shows basically nothing. Figured it was bowl practice scrimmage footage from bowl practices in Nashville

I meant truly great. Casey was good and so was Ainge. Neither was very elite.

No offense (and I'm sure many will disagree), but Casey was 34-10 and 14-1 on the road as a starter. What do you need a guy to do to be considered better than just 'good'?

Reactions: 2 people
I'm hearing a lot about how good a passer this kid is and tha makes me excited because he will eventually take over, it's just a matter of when. Obviously we are goign to be a better passing team next year. Dormady will come out the gates and get his earned opportunity. he knows the playbook better, has more play time, and at this time is a better passer. We will see where it takes us from there.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree. After watching Kelly run, I'll say this, and being a Raven's fan, I'm no fan of Pittsburgh, but after watching the Music City bowl a couple of times, one thing stands out. Kelly reminds me of Le'veon Bell in the way he is very patient. He pauses for a moment behind the line to let something open and then explodes forward. If we have a good run game next year, it really could give JG the extra time he needs to become a great QB, instead of running for his life. Also, with Jashon Robertson coming back. We should have a better Oline, though after watching them most of the year, we still need some definite improvement. Just my :twocents:

The real difference here is, Bell waits for opening... IF Kelly waits behind our Oline...... Not much good is going to happen.

If JG is such a great passer, why are we not lighting it up on WR recruiting? Everyone knows that Hurts can't throw and Bama has two guys rated ahead of Murphy. It just doesn't add up.

Because of the unreal expectations I believe some are going to heap upon him. I mean the guy hasnt even won the starting job and some are already talking about how great he is. I am happy he is here and hope he is all that wnda bag of chips.

But to some, if he does win the job, his first mistakes are going to draw severe ire. People will say he is overrated, not that great and the better QB is on the bench.

Goes with the territory - he was #1 per 247, #3 per Rivals DT QB in the country. He would get this much hype and expectation anywhere he went.

If JG is such a great passer, why are we not lighting it up on WR recruiting? Everyone knows that Hurts can't throw and Bama has two guys rated ahead of Murphy. It just doesn't add up.

There's an obvious difference: Hurts played so people are able to see him in live game action, whether it was good or bad people got to see him. The hype around JG is coming purely from practice observations and speculation, he hasn't played in a game so no one has gotten the chance to see him.

If JG does ball out look for him to have a Deshaun Watson effect here. Kids will commit for the product he puts on the field even though they may not be able to play with him.

If I've heard these stories once I've heard them a thousand times of how this incredible frosh QB that has never taken a snap in college is going to change the world:dance:

That's not saying it never happen however:crazy:

All the Freshman QB's that have started at UT. Have never ever had this much hype, if he don't deliver these Chat/twitter boards can be pretty brutal.
Alan Cockrell
Peyton Manning
Casey Clausen
James Banks
Brent Schaffer
Eris Ainge
Tyler Bray
Justin Worely
Josh Dobbs

Looks talented, but badly needs a real QB coach. He has a lot of technique work to do if he wants to be a quality passer. His body is tight, his release is high, poor follow through, etc. Same problems Dobbs and a lot of college passers have and it's not their fault. College teams won't invest in quality QB coaching and won't allocate the time for them to develop as passers.

All the Freshman QB's that have started at UT. Have never ever had this much hype, if he don't deliver these Chat/twitter boards can be pretty brutal.
Alan Cockrell
Peyton Manning
Casey Clausen
James Banks
Brent Schaffer
Eris Ainge
Tyler Bray
Justin Worely
Josh Dobbs

Peyton had a TON of hype coming in and that was before the social media/internet age. In my time I still say he was the most hyped QB coming in.

Look at how skinny Johnny Manziel (sp)? was his career at A&M.

Flag%201016.jpg

THWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

It's bad form to reference JM.

Peyton had a TON of hype coming in and that was before the social media/internet age. In my time I still say he was the most hyped QB coming in.

Peyton came before every Tom dick mary or Harry etc.. could tweet and hype on multiple media's.
Even then it was about 50 / 50 on him or Stewart starting and Fulmer started 5th year Sr. Colquett (SIC).

VN Store

Back