JG during bowl practice

That's not what I see on the tape. I was going to say just the opposite--his arm looks pretty average to me--but it's hard to say looking at six relatively short passes.

I know the video didn't show too much, but throughout practice this season they had to deal with JG toning it down because he was throwing it so hard. The WRs even noted how when he's throwing to them they know it'll be coming hot.

Reactions: 3 people
I have heard from a friend of a friend. That has inside info. JG has the IT factor as a player. Lol. Guess we will see.

I've said multiple times I have talked to guy in THE KNOW. He watches all UT practices. JG might be the best qb we have had in 15-20 years.

Reactions: 1 person
just a casual observation from a very untrained eye but does his motion look a little long and maybe he holds it a little low?

Because of the unreal expectations I believe some are going to heap upon him. I mean the guy hasnt even won the starting job and some are already talking about how great he is. I am happy he is here and hope he is all that wnda bag of chips.

But to some, if he does win the job, his first mistakes are going to draw severe ire. People will say he is overrated, not that great and the better QB is on the bench.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I know the video didn't show too much, but throughout practice this season they had to deal with JG toning it down because he was throwing it so hard. The WRs even noted how when he's throwing to them they know it'll be coming hot.

Are you saying Josh Malone early entered to avoid risk of injury to his hands? :)

just a casual observation from a very untrained eye but does his motion look a little long and maybe he holds it a little low?

Been wondering same thing and noticed Dormady does it too now. Dormady didn't do it last year and JG never did in HS. Need to hire a QB coach worth a crap soon

Talked to a coworker who rides the bus to work and the bus driver's cousin's ex-boyfriend's former roommate's god father is a real inside and says JG is a heisman lock

Reactions: 3 people
Remember how skinny Dobbs was when he first started? I just knew he would constantly be injured. Boy was I wrong about that! Young man could really take a hit.

Dobbs could deliver a pretty good hit as well, I remember allot of defensive players were very surprised at how hard Dobbs could be to tackle and bring down:eek:lol:

Talked to a coworker who rides the bus to work and the bus driver's cousin's ex-boyfriend's former roommate's god father is a real inside and says JG is a heisman lock

Photo or it didn't happen:lolabove:

The Rock will put some weight on him

JT Barrett has loads of muscles and still got injured and his throwing mechanics are awkward. I think the skinny arm like Bray, Ainge and Clausen may have been good because of thin flexibility rather than thicker. I just don't think outside of 10-15 pounds you don't want to mess with a QBs body type too much.

I was really skeptical with all the people proclaiming JG as the future leader of the world, but you really put my mind at ease. Thank you good sir

Dobbs was /incredibly/ durable--ran a ton, too a lot of hits, and never missed a down, I don't think. Pretty amazing, actually.

Let's hope JG is a great leader with poise, accuracy and touch, because I have a feeling Josh Dobbs will be sorely missed:good!:

I got a feeling we will have a better passing game and just as big a running threat as we had. That's not a knock on Dobbs, he had a good career at UT. He wasn't the best passer we have ever had by far but he was a competitor and a leader. That said I don't expect a drop off at QB. GBO!!!!!

I've said multiple times I have talked to guy in THE KNOW. He watches all UT practices. JG might be the best qb we have had in 15-20 years.

If I've heard these stories once I've heard them a thousand times of how this incredible frosh QB that has never taken a snap in college is going to change the world:dance:

That's not saying it never happens, however:crazy:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back