Quality Athletes and Quality People

surrealvol

I got to meet a lot of the guys on our team at a meet and greet. Got to chat a bit with them, got some pictures, and had a great time. One thing that was very heartening to me was how well mannered, accessible, and genuinely interested in talking to me and my wife they were. Football is a TOUGH game with a TOUGH regimen for almost four months. These guys have a lot of things to take care of on and off the field and by years end, well it just takes its toll on the body and the mind. I extend my congratulations to these young men, their coaches, and the athletic staff. I, for one, am proud of what they accomplished this year and I am REALLY looking forward to this coming season. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 31 people
Between the Chattanooga bus tragedy and the Gatlinburg fires it is no secret that team 120 has done an outstanding job of community outreach. Very refreshing to read their names in the newspapers for community outreach and not in the police blotter. Also glad they are able to interact with fans at a seemingly low key event.

Reactions: 14 people
Between the Chattanooga bus tragedy and the Gatlinburg fires it is no secret that team 120 has done an outstanding job of community outreach. Very refreshing to read their names in the newspapers for community outreach and not in the police blotter. Also glad they are able to interact with fans at a seemingly low key event.

Agree! Great post. :hi:

Reactions: 2 people

What did they do for the bus tragedy? I didn't see that in the news, and I unfortunately knew one of the girls that left us way too early in that tragedy.

I googled it. I don't know how I missed that at the time. Very cool.

Last edited:
I do my share of complaining about the results on the field and the way Jones goes about his business but I have little doubt in the character of these players.

Said it before but Dobbs cemented his status as an all time Vol in my book by showing up in Gatlinburg.

Reactions: 5 people
What did they do for the bus tragedy? I didn't see that in the news, and I unfortunately knew one of the girls that left us way too early in that tragedy.

I googled it. I don't know how I missed that at the time. Very cool.

Butch took 3 of his top players to Erlanger Hospital to visit some of the victims. Autographs were signed, Vol shirts handed out, etc. After visiting, Butch and company rushed back to Knoxville to practice for the Vandy game. And as they say, the rest is history.

I got to meet a lot of the guys on our team at a meet and greet. Got to chat a bit with them, got some pictures, and had a great time. One thing that was very heartening to me was how well mannered, accessible, and genuinely interested in talking to me and my wife they were. Football is a TOUGH game with a TOUGH regimen for almost four months. These guys have a lot of things to take care of on and off the field and by years end, well it just takes its toll on the body and the mind. I extend my congratulations to these young men, their coaches, and the athletic staff. I, for one, am proud of what they accomplished this year and I am REALLY looking forward to this coming season. GO VOLS!

What did they accomplish?

Reactions: 1 person
The young men of the football represent the University of Tennessee very well. They really care about Tennessee, both the school and the state.

Reactions: 2 people

Very well stated....

Beat Florida and pulled off the 1st Hail Mary to win a game and put back to back wins against the lowly bulldogs. The seniors pulled the program out of the ditch. Beat Nebraska for the 1st time ever.

Pay attention.

Beating UF was about the only really noteworthy accomplishment.

Other than that, they performed below expectations.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back