Dabo Swinney just...

Lucky? He drew the best 2 coaches in college football to have to win a title.

You got some high standards considering.

Well they did lose at home to PITT --- how many of their fans keep pointing that out every day ?

Well they did lose at home to PITT --- how many of their fans keep pointing that out every day ?

After winning their division, their conference, a playoff game against a 3 time NC coach, and a NC over a 5 time NC coach as a 6 point dog?

My guess would be none.
Point?

Another point to add to that.

Coming off seasons of 14, 10, 11, 11 and 10 wins to go with multiple conference and division championships and a NC game appearance last year matter.

Dabo deserves coach of the year and its not even close.

Totally agree with that.

I will be the first to admit that I didn't think he had this in him. He was an underachiever for his first 3-4 years there but then he figured out only to be heavily involved in the stuff he is good at, like being a clown, recruiting, and generally marketing the program.

Totally agree with that.

I will be the first to admit that I didn't think he had this in him. He was an underachiever for his first 3-4 years there but then he figured out only to be heavily involved in the stuff he is good at, like being a clown, recruiting, and generally marketing the program.

This has gotten posted frequently as of late, mostly in a way to preach patience for Jones.
What or who is the gauge for him Underachieving in his first 4 years?

How does that have any relevancy to my post?
OSU was in no way a top 4 team in the country. Heck they were probably #4 in their conference. Saying Dabo got a difficult draw because of who their coach is and not focusing on the quality of the team is a total fallacy. Bama on the other hand..

OSU was in no way a top 4 team in the country. Heck they were probably #4 in their conference. Saying Dabo got a difficult draw because of who their coach is and not focusing on the quality of the team is a total fallacy. Bama on the other hand..

Urban didn't tackle well this year I suppose. Lol

Does OSU not being very good take any shine off UT's MCB win?

Urban didn't tackle well this year I suppose. Lol

Does OSU not being very good take any shine off UT's MCB win?
I'd assume an astute fan such as yourself would know that the transitive property doesn't work too well in sports. So whatever argument you're trying to make there about OSU and NEB is flawed before you start. However, I would have liked to play NEB with Armstrong and their #1 WR active. But bowl games don't count on this board remember?

Totally agree with that.

Keep in mind Dabo has relentlessly said it took years,and he mentioned 10 years to gain their NC at Clemson. It takes time and an administration he also mentions over and over again dedicated to being one of the top programs in the nation. Our entire football staff, the UTAD staff, and the new Chancellor and her staff need to recognize and understand that. They'll either do it at UT or they won't, nothing in between as OSU, Michigan, Bama, and now Clemson have all stepped up..

I'd assume an astute fan such as yourself would know that the transitive property doesn't work too well in sports. So whatever argument you're trying to make there about OSU and NEB is flawed before you start. However, I would have liked to play NEB with Armstrong and their #1 WR active. But bowl games don't count on this board remember?

You made a statement above about coaches tackling in response to a point about Dabo beating 2 HOF coaches. Astute?

Nebraska wasn't very good with him. I'm not sure you would, 3 bowl championships in a row would have been in serious jeopardy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You ask a question above about coaches tackling in response to a point about Dabo beating 2 HOF coaches. Astute?

Nebraska wasn't very good with him. I'm not sure you would, 3 bowl championships in a row would have been in serious jeopardy.
Means almost nothing that Dabo beat 2 HOF coaches. His teams didn't beat 2 playoff quality CFB teams. That's my point. And for the record I obviously think Dabo is a top flight coach.

Means almost nothing that Dabo beat 2 HOF coaches. His teams didn't beat 2 playoff quality CFB teams. That's my point. And for the record I obviously think Dabo is a top flight coach.

Beating Urban Meyer 31-0 at OSU means almost nothing. Lol

Who else of quality should have been in the game?

Beating Urban Meyer 31-0 at OSU means almost nothing. Lol

Who else of quality should have been in the game?
Btw, they Clem played OSU in Glendale.. not Columbus. And trying to cover up the fact that OSU was not a top 4 team by naming their coach is mind numbing. Once again, Butch owns Spurrier H2H. Lastly, Penn State won the B10 therefore they deserved to be there ahead of OSU pretty simple.

Btw, they Clem played OSU in Glendale.. not Columbus. And trying to cover up the fact that OSU was not a top 4 team by naming their coach is mind numbing. Once again, Butch owns Spurrier H2H. Lastly, Penn State won the B10 therefore they deserved to be there ahead of OSU pretty simple.

See above.

And trying to stump Penn St with Ls to Pitt and a a$$ beating to Michigan is what? Simple? Lol

And Muschamp owns Butch?

VN Store

Back