2018 LV Recruits on the Radar

Crystin Williams is indeed likely to go to UConn but it's somewhat odd because she isn't a good shooter at all. If she does go it would be back to back classes where Geno has taken a guard that can't shoot, as he took Mikayla Coombs in this class. It's very rare for UConn to have a guard on their team that cannot shoot, let alone more than one.

Tennessee is in good shape with Nelson-Ododa, DeCosta, Balogun and Massengil.

Reactions: 2 people
Crystin Williams is indeed likely to go to UConn but it's somewhat odd because she isn't a good shooter at all. If she does go it would be back to back classes where Geno has taken a guard that can't shoot, as he took Mikayla Coombs in this class. It's very rare for UConn to have a guard on their team that cannot shoot, let alone more than one.

Tennessee is in good shape with Nelson-Ododa, DeCosta, Balogun and Massengil.

He has this strange habit of developing shooters .

Reactions: 1 person
He has this strange habit of developing shooters .

There haven't been many. Moriah Jefferson comes to mind. She wasn't much of a perimeter shooter in high school. You could say Maya Moore but she had begun to substantially improve her three-point shot by her senior year of high school. But it's not like he has a huge list of guards who came into UConn who couldn't shoot but miraculously turned into shooters by the end of college. His main strength as a coach is molding and enhancing skills a player already has and getting players that fit his system -- like good shooters. Williams really doesn't fit his system very well at all.

Geno simply doesn't generally guards that can't shoot AND pass and all of his players are always good passers coming out of high school regardless of position. He has had a few players over the years that were better slashers than they were shooters -- Kalana Green and the player that transferred to Penn State come to mind -- but it's definitely not the norm. That's much more the norm for us, TBH.

Had no idea Grayson Scott transferred to Paul VI. I guess she's looking for tougher competition spent her freshman season at Riverdale Baptist, sophomore at Blair Academy, and now her junior at Paul VI. Paul VI is MiMi Collins school and UCONN's Mikayla Vaughn.

Last edited:
Nicoletti's game reminds me so much of Shoni Schimmel but more control. Her basketball IQ is something that sets her apart in this class. Her and Westbrook would really compliment one another if she came to us. Nicoletti doesn't have the speed, but her IQ makes up for all of that.

Reactions: 4 people
Nicoletti's game reminds me so much of Shoni Schimmel but more control. Her basketball IQ is something that sets her apart in this class. Her and Westbrook would really compliment one another if she came to us. Nicoletti doesn't have the speed, but her IQ makes up for all of that.

She reads to be a gamer and a fun one to watch, too!

Tennessee hasn't had a player that fits that description since Shannon Bobbitt. Alexa Middleton gives us a flash of that but she's not consistent as of yet. She'll get there though that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

I hope we land Nicoletti.
GOLadyVols!

TN is in great shape on the recruiting trail for P Ododa #1, G Nicoletti #3, W DeCosta#6, PG Scott- Grayson#11, G Balogun #15, F Dixon #20 and PG Massengill#26. We already have a verbal from, F Amira Collins ranked #27th by ESPN and #8th by Prospect Nation!! I see another top 3 class for 2018, we will get 3 or 4 of the above mentioned young ladies, count on it!! My preference is Ododa, DeCosta, Massengill and Balogun all 4 are very athletic and interchangeable, as always GO LADY VOLS!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
I just hope the LadyVols don't end up like UNC a few years ago when everyone transferred. I believe UNC had the #1 recruiting class with hopes of rebuilding their program too. I know there was more involved, but I just hope we can keep all of these recruits happy!!

Reactions: 2 people
I just hope the LadyVols don't end up like UNC a few years ago when everyone transferred. I believe UNC had the #1 recruiting class with hopes of rebuilding their program too. I know there was more involved, but I just hope we can keep all of these recruits happy!!

I think there's a different culture here at UT! UNC was in the midst of academic scandal and sanctions....I believe that could have been a big reason most jumped ship then.

Reactions: 3 people
I think there's a different culture here at UT! UNC was in the midst of academic scandal and sanctions....I believe that could have been a big reason most jumped ship then.

They also jumped ship because none of them were 100% on their decision after committing. Even Jessica Washington, who was considered the only one as a UNC lean at the time of commitment, has stated her decision at the time was rushed along with the academic scandal factoring in and for her, playing time.

Mavunga wanted to play with Russell and had a twitter meltdown when she found out Russell was no longer considering UNC because all four of them tried to get her to go there.

Diamond and Allisha always thought it would be great to play together and that factored in to a quick decision. Diamond wanted to transfer though almost as soon as she got there. Allisha transferred because she was worried about her hard work in academics being looked at negatively because of UNC's academic scandal and she didn't want to be tied to it. Allisha would've been a Lady Vol had Sylvia not blocked a transfer to Tennessee for her.

Tennessee's 2017 all took their time and made their visits. Their decision were extremely thought out. They are nothing like that UNC class.

Reactions: 10 people
They also jumped ship because none of them were 100% on their decision after committing. Even Jessica Washington, who was considered the only one as a UNC lean at the time of commitment, has stated her decision at the time was rushed along with the academic scandal factoring in and for her, playing time.

Mavunga wanted to play with Russell and had a twitter meltdown when she found out Russell was no longer considering UNC because all four of them tried to get her to go there.

Diamond and Allisha always thought it would be great to play together and that factored in to a quick decision. Diamond wanted to transfer though almost as soon as she got there. Allisha transferred because she was worried about her hard work in academics being looked at negatively because of UNC's academic scandal and she didn't want to be tied to it. Allisha would've been a Lady Vol had Sylvia not blocked a transfer to Tennessee for her.

Tennessee's 2017 all took their time and made their visits. Their decision were extremely thought out. They are nothing like that UNC class.
Did she (Hatchell) block Mavunga too? If so, Wow how much more of a contender we be right now with a potential lineup of;

Gray
Diamond
Nared
Mavunga
Russell

Oh well

Just looking at the espn recruiting list and there is a 6-6 freshman(class of 2020) at Hamilton Heights in Chattanooga. If she develops, everyone will be after her services.

Did she (Hatchell) block Mavunga too? If so, Wow how much more of a contender we be right now with a potential lineup of;

Gray
Diamond
Nared
Mavunga
Russell

Oh well

Mavunga was not blocked. When Mavunga, Gray and Washington all left they gave a list to Sylvia as to what schools they were interested in which is how transfers usually do it. Gray is the only one who listed Tennessee and Sylvia blocked it because she still believes Tennessee did something to get Diamond to leave (Tennessee didn't) and didn't want to lose another player to us. She had no idea Mavunga was going to take a visit to Knoxville as it was a last minute decision.

I'm not to upset with missing out on Mavunga for various reasons.

Reactions: 3 people
Mavunga was not blocked. When Mavunga, Gray and Washington all left they gave a list to Sylvia as to what schools they were interested in which is how transfers usually do it. Gray is the only one who listed Tennessee and Sylvia blocked it because she still believes Tennessee did something to get Diamond to leave (Tennessee didn't) and didn't want to lose another player to us. She had no idea Mavunga was going to take a visit to Knoxville as it was a last minute decision.

I'm not to upset with missing out on Mavunga for various reasons.
Aight cool, thanks for the info!

Anybody know if there will be any unofficial visits at the Miss State game today?

Dawn stated in a podcast that Gray had committed to SC out of high school. She however changed and went to UNC with Diamond. So initially SC was always her first choice.

Anybody know if there will be any unofficial visits at the Miss State game today?

2 girls from Hamilton Height Basketball, J Massengill and E. Balougn was there. This is a very small Church school in Chattanooga. They have a great team. The boys team is great also Kentucky has one of there boys for next year. They only play one home game this year, Saturday 21, 6:00. I will go to this game, they are playing Legacy Charter.

2 girls from Hamilton Height Basketball, J Massengill and E. Balougn was there. This is a very small Church school in Chattanooga. They have a great team. The boys team is great also Kentucky has one of there boys for next year. They only play one home game this year, Saturday 21, 6:00. I will go to this game, they are playing Legacy Charter.

Let us know something on the 6-6 post projected as elite 2020 prospect Kamilla Cardosa. Hope coaches are making friends at Hamiton Heights.

Let us know something on the 6-6 post projected as elite 2020 prospect Kamilla Cardosa. Hope coaches are making friends at Hamiton Heights.

Hamilton Heights also has Treasure Hunt highly rated, and E Balogun has a sister Ruth on team. Dylann Claybrook also, the whole team almost all ranked.

VN Store

Back