'17 MO PF Derrick Walker Jr. (UT commit 2/3/17)

i

Derrick Walker Jr.

3* player, 6'8" 220lbs., PF, .8688 composite score,
high school senior, Sunrise Christian Academy High School, Kansas City, MO,
Class of 2017

#64th ranked PF overall by 247 Sports. #55th ranked PF overall by ESPN.

247 Sports

Rivals

Scout

ESPN

Future 150

UT offered on 12-9-16. It's down to UT, St. John's, & Georgia for Walker. Walker will visit UT this coming weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
When was the last time that UT got a basketball player from the state of Missouri?

Thanks for any information.

Not much of an offer list, but it's hard to deny the success of RBs recruiting strategy up to this point

Reactions: 1 person
We have 2 spots left for 2017 so we can get Pons & Walker for those 2 spots left since we didn't get Stokes. It will be Kent & hopefully Pons & Walker the ones we can get to commit.

Somebody would have to leave to add two more.

1 SR: Mostella
3 JRs: Alexander Phillips Schofield
7 FR: Bone Parker Turner Johnson Bowden Williams Fulkerson
11 total
13 spots
Zach Kent plus 1 more

Somebody would have to leave to add two more.

1 SR: Mostella
3 JRs: Alexander Phillips Schofield
7 FR: Bone Parker Turner Johnson Bowden Williams Fulkerson
11 total
13 spots
Zach Kent plus 1 more

I know you have told me a million times but I thought since Stokes didn't commit that left us with 2 spots for 2017?

Is it just one more plus Kent? I think Schofield might leave anyhow so this might not be a problem anyhow.

I know you have told me a million times but I thought since Stokes didn't commit that left us with 2 spots for 2017?

Is it just one more plus Kent? I think Schofield might leave anyhow so this might not be a problem anyhow.

There are 2 scholarships in 2017 and Zach Kent took one of them. Stokes would have filled up the roster had he taken the other. He didn't so there is exactly one open spot. Then in 2018 Mostella's departure leaves exactly one opening in the next cycle.

There are 2 scholarships in 2017 and Zach Kent took one of them. Stokes would have filled up the roster had he taken the other. He didn't so there is exactly one open spot. Then in 2018 Mostella's departure leaves exactly one opening in the next cycle.

Boy, we're short on schollies aren't we? So, it's going to be either Pons or Walker but not both since we already have Kent committed.

I'm starting to think Schofield might be the odd man out next year. It's kind of a shame because he looked good in spurts last year.

When is the signing period? We sure don't need the drama and disruption that would come with taking two commits with just one spot left (unless somebody already indicated they're going to leave). I wonder how well liked Schofield, Alexander, and Parker are since they are the most likely to be cut if two more are signed.

When is the signing period? We sure don't need the drama and disruption that would come with taking two commits with just one spot left (unless somebody already indicated they're going to leave). I wonder how well liked Schofield, Alexander, and Parker are since they are the most likely to be cut if two more are signed.

April

I'm on record as saying Schofield will transfer no matter what. He will go play elsewhere so there's one we won't have to worry about. Alexander & Parker will be safe in my opinion.

I'm on record as saying Schofield will transfer no matter what. He will go play elsewhere so there's one we won't have to worry about. Alexander & Parker will be safe in my opinion.

Several have emerged from the Barnes dog house. Mostella notably and Kwe seems to be emerging. It's really up to Schofield IMO. If he doesn't want to fill a needed role inside then he should move on. However by dropping to a lower level program, it would seem that he'd be needed inside even more. But he'd do better versus the smaller defenders. I really thought that being in a military family he'd work really hard at wherever his team needed him. I don't know if that's his M.O.

Last edited:
Several have emerged from the Barnes dog house. Mostella notably and Kwe seems to be emerging. It's really up to Schofield IMO. If he doesn't want to fill a needed role inside then he should move on. However by dropping to a lower level program, it would seem that he'd be needed inside even more. But he'd do better versus smaller opponents. I really thought that being in a military family he'd work really hard at wherever his team needed him. I don't know if that's his M.O.

Bold above. Agree 100%.

Then why this post...
Boy, we're short on schollies aren't we? So, it's going to be either Pons or Walker but not both since we already have Kent committed.

If you believe Schofield is gone, then we have room for Pons and Walker.

I can't see Parker leaving. Blows my mind you guys think that. He has a ton of potential. I hope we don't see another Wes Washpun happen.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't see Parker leaving. Blows my mind you guys think that. He has a ton of potential. I hope we don't see another Wes Washpun happen.

He does have a ton of potential, but we have sort of a glut at the guard position, and he isn't really a true PG. If he does transfer out, I have to think it's because he believes he's the odd man out for minutes.

I'm probably the only poster that had mentioned Parker. I didn't say he's leaving, just that if Barnes was to sign three and has to cut a current player it's most likely going to be Schofield followed by either Alexander or Parker. A month ago it didn't appear that Parker was buying in. Alexander because he's maybe not progressing quickly. It was odd how little Kwe was seeing the court the weeks immediately following Bone's broke bone.

Last edited:
He does have a ton of potential, but we have sort of a glut at the guard position, and he isn't really a true PG. If he does transfer out, I have to think it's because he believes he's the odd man out for minutes.

I think Bone'a return will tell us a lot about how the staff views Parker, Turner and Phillips...to me Turner has looked better off the ball, same for Phillips. If they go with Bone and Parker at PG I think there's enough minutes for them to be happy, if you see Turner or Phillips backing up Bone and Parker essentially out of the rotation then it could be something to watch.

VN Store

Back