Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Fulmer!!!! haha just playing. I'm sorta neutral in the whole Fulmer situation. Although I believe it is time for him to go, I'm not going to kick him out the door.

Once every 5 years is quite reasonable and should be expected. Whether its 9 or 10 years, it has been too damn long.

Find a better argument for defending Fulmer.

Once every 5 years is quite reasonable and should be expected. Whether its 9 or 10 years, it has been too damn long.

Find a better argument for defending Fulmer.

Splitting hairs between 9 or 10 years since an SECC is even a new low for the Fulmerites...

Go Fulmer!!!! haha just playing. I'm sorta neutral in the whole Fulmer situation. Although I believe it is time for him to go, I'm not going to kick him out the door.
you'd need a front-end loader anyway

I am just waiting for the fat jokes to begin...
:peace2:

I am glad to see a dedicated thread for this subject again although it may be awhile before there is any new, worthwhile information to post about the hfc.

are there any pictures of Fulmer laying across the laps of three coeds?

3406 days since our last SEC title....
This whole thing has me confused. UTK last won the SEC in 1998. If I understand correctly, mba is arguing that we have to count from the day that Bama won the SEC c-ship game in 1999, so it's more like you count championships in periods of one year rather than just going by the year in which you win the game? At any rate, Bama was the 1999 SEC champion. UTK last won it in 1998. This is how many SEC championship games have been played since UTK last won it in 1998:

99 -1
00 -2
01 -3
02 -4
03 -5
04 -6
05 -7
06 -8
07 -9

This whole thing has me confused. UTK last won the SEC in 1998. If I understand correctly, mba is arguing that we have to count from the day that Bama won the SEC c-ship game in 1999, so it's more like you count championships in periods of one year rather than just going by the year in which you win the game? At any rate, Bama was the 1999 SEC champion. UTK last won it in 1998. This is how many SEC championship games have been played since UTK last won it in 1998:

99 -1
00 -2
01 -3
02 -4
03 -5
04 -6
05 -7
06 -8
07 -9

You are a bit slow aren't you? When Bama won in 1999, it had been 1 year since UT had won the SEC (1998).

Imagine you had a son or daughter born the day UT won the SEC championship. How old would that child be today?

Alternatively, for partial credit: How many years has it been since UT won the SEC championship in basketball? When will a year have elapsed?

Geez, if somebody said the Spanish American War was 100 years ago, would you correct them and say it was actually 110 years ago? LOL!!! Splitting hairs over 9 years versus 10...

CPF last won it in 1998.

He's been in 2001, 2004 and 2007. He's been every third year. That's fine. Any fans at any SEC school will take going to the SECCG every three years.

Losing every third SECCG since 1998 is the problem. Tennessee has essentially become the bridesmaid. CPF has had chances to silence his critics. He's failed so far.

CPF last won it in 1998.

He's been in 2001, 2004 and 2007. He's been every third year. That's fine. Any fans at any SEC school will take going to the SECCG every three years.

Losing every third SECCG since 1998 is the problem. Tennessee has essentially become the bridesmaid. CPF has had chances to silence his critics. He's failed so far.

It was the 1998 season. The 2008 season wold be 10 years removed. The Vols haven't played that yet.

I've admitted the bridesmaid problem already, but you and I both know a bridesmaid that looks as good as UT did against LSU last year, can get a great deal of attention. :)

justin, since 1998 UTK has been the Arkansas of the East. Each team has represented their division in the SECCG three times and neither has won it. Might as well put Smokey in a pig suit.

justin, since 1998 UTK has been the Arkansas of the East. Each team has represented their division in the SECCG three times and neither has won it. Might as well put Smokey in a pig suit.

You want to make Smokey squeal like a pig? That's low.

Arkansas never had the opportunity to play for a NC if they won the SECCG, which is why Tennessee losing in 2001 really pisses me off.

Arkansas never had the opportunity to play for a NC if they won the SECCG, which is why Tennessee losing in 2001 really pisses me off.

2001 was the one that hurt most. We had the better team and should have won that one.

So would you say LSU had the better coach?

No, but good try. Integrity matters to me.

It was just a bad night for the Vols. We would have won 8 out of 10, IMO. Of course, that doesn't matter. Hats off to the '01 champs who moved their program into the elites with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back