'17 DE C/PF Zach Kent (UT commit 10/30/16)

I am no expert so this is just my opinion on little I saw on those two videos, but I was not impressed at all.

On "short" video he was just standing there not trying to get down on floor for lose ball, other team scored.

Shorter player later takes it right at him and scores on "short" video.

Also noticed on first clip their team has another tall player starting with him ( #40), so no reason for TEAM not to score more than 24 pts in game posted on "short" video if I heard that score right.

Also on first video I noticed he would have been called for 3 seconds has he just tried to stand in paint the whole time.

Again he may have high ceiling and I have not seen much, nor a basket recruiter just my two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I am no expert so this is just my opinion on little I saw on those two videos, but I was not impressed at all.

On "short" video he was just standing there not trying to get down on floor for lose ball, other team scored.

Shorter player later takes it right at him and scores on "short" video.

Also noticed on first clip their team has another tall player starting with him ( #40), so no reason for TEAM not to score more than 24 pts in game posted on "short" video if I heard that score right.

Also on first video I noticed he would have been called for 3 seconds has he just tried to stand in paint the whole time.

Again he may have high ceiling and I have not seen much, nor a basket recruiter just my two cents.

I am not a basketball talent scout either. I agree with you that I so not see a division one prospect. I might be wrong. I do not see a high ceiling on him either. He is tall and than is all I see. Not a great Athlete. Not a good Jumper or is not quick. Now he could develop into a good college basketball player but I do not see it. Based on videos, He does not play high level competition either.

Zach is making his OV for the Bama game.

Okay. He is raw, but adds a much needed dimension to the roster. Even if he turns out to be just a role player, his presence helps. And his attitude is Barnes worthy.

Last edited:
Zach is making his OV for the Bama game.

Okay. He is raw, but adds a much needed dimension to the roster. Even if he turns out to be just a role player, his presence helps. And his attitude is Barnes worthy.

Thank you!!! Good to know. With limited video, it is really hard to determine if this kid can play.

Thank you!!! Good to know. With limited video, it is really hard to determine if this kid can play.

We should know more with the transfer to Blair. Better competition.

Who knows. could go the way of the Chase Johnson case also.
pass after they evaluate?

i'd welcome him just for the size and attitude. wants to play pro also.

We should know more with the transfer to Blair. Better competition.

Who knows. could go the way of the Chase Johnson case also.
pass after they evaluate?

i'd welcome him just for the size and attitude. wants to play pro also.

This Kent kid is good enough to play for us. Maybe not a Kentucky or Kansas type program but yes for a UT type program.

This Kent kid is good enough to play for us. Maybe not a Kentucky or Kansas type program but yes for a UT type program.

Good enough is not really how you build winning programs is it.
If Barnes thinks he's good enough he won't rescind the offer or pass. Doubt either of us knows the answer yet.

Good enough is not really how you build winning programs is it.
If Barnes thinks he's good enough he won't rescind the offer or pass. Doubt either of us knows the answer yet.

Like I said, he's good enough to play for UT. Do we have a single 5* player except for Hubbs? We have a bunch of 3* players. It's hard to expect much more now. That's my point.

Like I said, he's good enough to play for UT. Do we have a single 5* player except for Hubbs? We have a bunch of 3* players. It's hard to expect much more now. That's my point.

Like I said, that's up to Barnes. He could pass on him just like he did Johnson.

is it possible he has a better idea of what the team needs?

Very possibly so. I like him. He's a good Christian man. I think he's a good coach too. He's just getting some age now. I hope he can bring us back to SEC competition before he retires.

Down to Tennessee and Northwestern. Info form Rob Lewis. Visiting Northwestern next weekend, then will decide.

Down to Tennessee and Northwestern. Info form Rob Lewis. Visiting Northwestern next weekend, then will decide.

Thanks for the update. I don't see how he could pick Northwestern over UT. UT has a better basketball program than NW.

Tony, you need to do more digging. CRB hosted several 4 and 5 star players yesterday. Most were unofficial.

Tony, you need to do more digging. CRB hosted several 4 and 5 star players yesterday. Most were unofficial.

What does any of my recent posts have to do with me needing to do more digging. Of course, he hosts higher rated recruits. It's just for 2017 that it's down to slim pickens.

That's what one of my previous post was talking about. These he's hosting are for 2018 & 2019 not 2017 in which we have nobody committed yet. Thanks!

Here is your previous post:

For basketball? Those were for football & not basketball buddy.

You were wrong. CRB hosted several 4 and 5 star basketball recruits on Saturday, just like Calban said and you went out of your way to say he was wrong.
This is not about the year of a recruit. This is about you saying Calban was wrong, when indeed it is you who are wrong.

Mods, could you please move the way off-topic posts by all of us to the off-topic thread or some other thread? We've clogged this Kent basketball thread up bad with way off-topic posts. Thanks!

Here is your previous post:

You were wrong. CRB hosted several 4 and 5 star basketball recruits on Saturday, just like Calban said and you went out of your way to say he was wrong.
This is not about the year of a recruit. This is about you saying Calban was wrong, when indeed it is you who are wrong.

I was talking about for 2017. Whatever buddy. I was not disputing calban in any way. Just telling that for 2017 we have basically nothing because we aren't recruiting hard enough evidently. Thanks & I will not argue anymore with you about this.

We already have posted off-topic posts in this thread that's supposed to be about Zach Kent. So, please let's stop it & move on & start posting about him. Thanks!

VN Store

Back