'17 DE C/PF Zach Kent (UT commit 10/30/16)

4_3190920.jpg

Zach Kent

3* player(247 Sports & Scout), 6'10" 205lbs., C/PF,
St. Andrew's High School, Middleton DE, high school senior,
Class of 2017

#23rd C & #205th ranked recruit overall by 247 Sports in the 2017 class. He's unranked by ESPN & Rivals scouting services.

247 Sports

Scout

Max Preps

ESPN

Future 150

Rivals

UT has offered along with about 20 schools. However, Kent has lowered his choices down to 8 programs & we're still in his top 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
“When it gets down to the schools, I wanna get out and make some officials,” Kent said. “Try to make my decision around next fall. Get a feel for the players that I’m gonna be playing with and the coaching staff, just making friends and learning about everything. Learn about the scheme, what they’re gonna try to do with me. Different guys coming in, status of the point guard at the school is very important to me. Stuff like that.”

Heading into those future trips, Kent already has an idea of what the right program will have to score his commitment.
“I wanna play past college as most people do,” Kent said. “I think I have that attitude and skill set to do it. I think I have the work ethic that I’ve shown in the last few years with my growth to do it. I wanna go to a place where I’m gonna be on all different parts of the floor so I can show all the stuff I can do. I don’t wanna be limited to a certain area of the court or a certain spot. That’s important with the offensive system and state of the point guard. Minutes available is very important to me and coaching staff.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
“When it gets down to the schools, I wanna get out and make some officials,” Kent said. “Try to make my decision around next fall. Get a feel for the players that I’m gonna be playing with and the coaching staff, just making friends and learning about everything. Learn about the scheme, what they’re gonna try to do with me. Different guys coming in, status of the point guard at the school is very important to me. Stuff like that.”

Heading into those future trips, Kent already has an idea of what the right program will have to score his commitment.
“I wanna play past college as most people do,” Kent said. “I think I have that attitude and skill set to do it. I think I have the work ethic that I’ve shown in the last few years with my growth to do it. I wanna go to a place where I’m gonna be on all different parts of the floor so I can show all the stuff I can do. I don’t wanna be limited to a certain area of the court or a certain spot. That’s important with the offensive system and state of the point guard. Minutes available is very important to me and coaching staff.”

If he's a decent player, a 6'10" guy should get plenty of PT at TN.

Reactions: 1 person
have not been able to find any video on this guy. can someone throw me a bone if video is out there.

Dummy me didn't even think to check You Tube for any videos of him. Duh! Thanks for providing calban! :good!:

Was still hard to find. Had to search by St Andrews Delaware for the high school. Lots out there for St Andrews New Jersey.
This is the only one I found.

Was still hard to find. Had to search by St Andrews Delaware for the high school. Lots out there for St Andrews New Jersey.
This is the only one I found.

It was hard to find because I think Delaware just got internet about 3 years ago. lol

Reactions: 4 people
Didn't get to watch the whole video, but he has good instincts. Active in boxing out and had good outlet passes. Seems like a workhorse type of player which is what CRB looks to be going after. Competition looked relatively weak. Will be interesting to see how he does against guys his own size.

Seems like PG play and PT are important to him. We should be good shape with Bone,Parker, and Turner. Plenty of playing time at the 5 to showcase his skills.

VN Store

Back