Knoxville Restaurants

How was the burger?

Apparently Josh Dobbs ate there recently.

Dobbs did, and sometimes that specific bar does get overwhelmed. I don't blame him for deciding on to-go.

also, I wasn't there tonight, so I can't speak to anything about how the night was

It was really good. I got the one with pimento cheese and onion straws. Vol house or something

My go-to burger is the Mac and Cheese with bacon. Glad the food was good, despite the unacceptable delay. For that, as an employee, I apologize.

We might have brought this up before... but what are some good hole in the wall, old school breakfast places?

Layman's Market in Sevierville always had some of the best tenderloin, but I haven't been there in a while.

Tracy's on Western had some good, cheap breakfast.

Pete's. Sami's.

My go-to burger is the Mac and Cheese with bacon. Glad the food was good, despite the unacceptable delay. For that, as an employee, I apologize.

Not your fault, I had a time crunch. There was nobody at the up bar so I elected for then main. Good food though. I'll go back sometime when I have more time. Place was packed. It's all good

Not your fault, I had a time crunch. There was nobody at the up bar so I elected for then main. Good food though

That happens a lot. As an upper bar bartender, it kinda sucks lol. There's a kind of struggle between keeping it more relaxed or brightening it up during the earlier hours to attract guests

Are those burgers on the new menu? I think you mentioned something about them changing the menu recently.

FINALLY made it to Hard Knox. Definitely lives up to the hype. I sure wish they would open a West location! The boys and I tried both a traditional red base with pepperoni, sausage and two kinds of mushrooms and the pesto based "Great White Hype" with chicken. The fresh mozzarella and the wood fired crust set the pizza atop the Knoxville market, IMO.

I know how some of you feel about chain restaurants but I found something great at Carrabba's. It's a take on a caprese salad but they use burrata instead of just regular mozzarella. I might have had burrata before and just don't remember it but it's great! It's basically a shell of mozzarella stuffed with another soft cheese that's made from cream and mozzarella mixed. It's a great creamy, light flavor.

Last edited:
I know how some of you feel about chain restaurants but I found something great at Carrabba's. It's a take on a caprese salad but they use burrata instead of just regular mozzarella. I might have had burrata before and just don't remember it but it's great! It's basically a shell of mozzarella stuffed with another soft cheese that's made from cream and mozzarella mixed. It's a great creamy, light flavor.

Carrabbas is one of if not the best chains. Ask them for the sugo rosa sauce on your pasta the next time you go.

VN Store

Back