'16 OH OT Nathan Niehaus (UT Commit 1/1/16)

All these late offers...feels like we're reeling. This guy reminds me of Raulerson

Mahoney went and watched him the Friday night before the KY game, apparently we saw something we liked. Callahan also mentioned it could be that some of the other true OT targets like Tatum are not likely to be Vols.

What about the kid from West TN that they were looking at?

EDIT: Found him, Sadarius Hitcherson from Huntington, TN - we had looked at him as an OT project

Sadarius Hutcherson, Huntingdon, Strong-Side Defensive End

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Same high school as Wiesman I believe. He has worked out pretty well.

His Hudl says he is a TE and runs around a 4.7-4.8. So, should move pretty well.

Same thing happened this time last year...a bunch of new offers went out and we all freaked out that we missed on higher prospects. Everything worked out fine. Remember, this staff leaves no stone unturned.

He wouldn't need to play for a while so he would have time to put on weight.

All these late offers...feels like we're reeling. This guy reminds me of Raulerson

This staff has proven they can find hidden gems so I wouldn't worry. My guess this becomes more common late in the game since we see so many other teams jumping on after we do.

Mahoney went and watched him the Friday night before the KY game, apparently we saw something we liked. Callahan also mentioned it could be that some of the other true OT targets like Tatum are not likely to be Vols.

What about the kid from West TN that they were looking at?

EDIT: Found him, Sadarius Hitcherson from Huntington, TN - we had looked at him as an OT project

Sadarius Hutcherson, Huntingdon, Strong-Side Defensive End

Mahoney must have something negative in the recruiting area..dkes not seem he is an attraction for recruits .. jones yes

Why fear an offer by Butch to a Colerain kid that would RS a year anyway? This is nothing like Raulerson. 6'7" frame with long arms and explosion off the LOS. They played him a lot as a blocking TE in HS. He put people on their backs on the ground at the LOS and well down field. I can see why Mahoney's interested.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back