'16 NC SF Jalen Johnson (UT commit 10/11/15)

Does Williams not strike you as another Admiral Schofield, in that he is a man without a true position? With only 13 scholarships, having two of those types on the same team doesn't seem like a good use of scholarships. Especially in back-to-back years. If Admiral were a JR or SR, and had had success in Barnes' system in his role, I could see trying to replicate that. Just seems like an odd target to me when Admiral is FR and we haven't seen his role to this point in Barnes' system.

I do agree. There has been talk with both guys that they could play from 3-5, maybe they attempt to trim down Schofield to be a 3/4, and beef up Williams to be a 4/5. Something to be remembered with Williams is he's up a year, meaning he should be a junior, so he still could develop physically, and the fact he's competing pretty well against guys a year older is also pretty impressive.

I do agree. There has been talk with both guys that they could play from 3-5, maybe they attempt to trim down Schofield to be a 3/4, and beef up Williams to be a 4/5. Something to be remembered with Williams is he's up a year, meaning he should be a junior, so he still could develop physically, and the fact he's competing pretty well against guys a year older is also pretty impressive.

I'm sure there is a plan for both. Just seems like an odd path to take when rebuilding a program.

I'm sure there is a plan for both. Just seems like an odd path to take when rebuilding a program.

I do agree, and I don't pretend to know what they're thinking, but that would make sense to me. In that preseason preview from Lanier he raced about versatility, one reason they love Moore, can play him 1-4. I don't like that idea, but if the HOF head coach thinks he can win that way I'll give him his shot.

Williams is way better.

Another JJ mixtape though. Serious athleticism.
Jalen Johnson Explosive Lefty: Breakout Player of the Summer?
https://youtu.be/WUGgFp_G9Cc

Williams is way better than Johnson? Two completely different players so idk how that's really debatable, would be like saying Bone is way better than Fulkerson, their games and positions just don't match enough at all to compare the 2 imo

Williams is way better than Johnson? Two completely different players so idk how that's really debatable, would be like saying Bone is way better than Fulkerson, their games and positions just don't match enough at all to compare the 2 imo

Admiral. He is way better than Admiral.

Johnson's a 2/3
Williams is 3-5
Fulkerson's a 4/5

Fulkerson is a take no matter what as has been discussed, the push for Johnson after missing Jenkins tells me they want that scoring guard they missed on with Jenkins, so Johnson is a take, that leaves Williams. That recent article about Dez Oliver and the priority Tennessee has made Williams, I just don't see them not taking him, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

You are a hard guy to follow BTO.

Today you are saying we aren't taking Johnson, fulkerson, and Williams.

Reactions: 1 person
You are a hard guy to follow BTO.

Today you are saying we aren't taking Johnson, fulkerson, and Williams.

The reason you struggle to follow is because of your horrid reading comprehension.

Notice in the above post where I say "stranger things have happened"...also note in today's post where I said "I very well could be wrong"...you like to omit those parts and act as if I made absolute statements when I obviously did not.

The reason you struggle to follow is because of your horrid reading comprehension.

Notice in the above post where I say "stranger things have happened"...also note in today's post where I said "I very well could be wrong"...you like to omit those parts and act as if I made absolute statements when I obviously did not.

Yea those little phrase additions make your opinions fit perfecty on both sides of the fence.

I prefer one side or the other.

So which is it we are taking Williams or not?

Last edited:
Yea those little phrase additions make your opinions fit perfecty on both sides of the fence.

I prefer one side or the other.

So which is it we are taking Williams or not?

I don't know, does that work? Or does everything have to be cut and dry in Bruin's world? Is it not possible that maybe the staff is not even sure? Could it depend on the feedback they get from says Fernando and/or Maker over the next couple weeks?

Things aren't always as simplistic as you try to make them, is there a scenario where Williams is a Vol, no doubt, is there also a scenario where they may encourage him to explore the Ivy League route, absolutely.

I don't know, does that work? Or does everything have to be cut and dry in Bruin's world? Is it not possible that maybe the staff is not even sure? Could it depend on the feedback they get from says Fernando and/or Maker over the next couple weeks?

Things aren't always as simplistic as you try to make them, is there a scenario where Williams is a Vol, no doubt, is there also a scenario where they may encourage him to explore the Ivy League route, absolutely.

Of course that is fair. All I said was it hard to follow you.

Last week you would shocked if he wasn't a take and today you think he isn't but you could be wrong. You see the problem following?

Reactions: 1 person
Of course that is fair. All I said was it hard to follow you.

Last week you would shocked if he wasn't a take and today you think he isn't but you could be wrong. You see the problem following?

Care to share where in the post you get the inclination I would be shocked if Williams isn't a Vol?

that leaves Williams. That recent article about Dez Oliver and the priority Tennessee has made Williams, I just don't see them not taking him, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Again, I think it's more likely than not he's a take for this staff, but do I see where there could become a discussion, I do, and that's all I was saying.

Jalen Johnson
‏@The_Jalen_
On my official visit to The University of Tennessee

1:09 PM - 2 Oct 2015

I'd love it if we could seal the deal Thursday. I like his game and potential, but stealing a player that 100% of 247 experts have predicted to UF would make him an extra sweet get.

Last edited:
Guessing it may be what left eye is referring to, Barnes is scheduled to be in the home of Johnson on Thursday and will be pushing for a commitment. As of now he has no other visits scheduled, but he also doesn't have a decision date set.

Guessing it may be what left eye is referring to, Barnes is scheduled to be in the home of Johnson on Thursday and will be pushing for a commitment. As of now he has no other visits scheduled, but he also doesn't have a decision date set.

Buriat brought that in another thread, I was piggybacking

VN Store

Back