'16 NC SF Jalen Johnson (UT commit 10/11/15)

bleedingTNorange

#150 247 composite
#149 247 ranking
#140 rivals

Johnson is a guy that Tennessee evaluated during AAU ball and offered, along with a host of other schools. Up until this point he has been someone the staff hasn't been pushing very heavily, I could see that changing with Jenkins commiting to VCU though.

He's a guy who will really need to add some weight and strength, but has a nice outside shot and can absolutely get up and throw it down, he also has a very long wingspan allowing him to have the potential to be an above average defender.

He's visited Providence, has an official visit to Texas Tech lined up, and is tentatively scheduled to visit Florida at the end of September, ideally Tennessee gets him for his last visit for the Arkansas game or Georgia game.

Here's some recent highlights:
6'7" Jalen Johnson Junior Mixtape: Ready to Take Flight! #TeamWall - YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Ok, you have mY interest coach, now reel him in or it doesn't mean anything.

This one would be a good get considering. Hopefully the staff has put in the necessary work to keep a backup plan on the hook.

I like what I see. Athletic and long. And can dunk. I would like to know what other skills he has.

It would be good to get some players from North Carolina since Anthony Richardson and Tony White are the last UT players from that state.

It would be good to get some players from North Carolina since Anthony Richardson and Tony White are the last UT players from that state.

Rashard Lee was from North Carolina. Not that it really disproves the point you're trying to make since it's been 16 years or so since he played at Tennessee.

Visited Providence last weekend, has a visit set to Florida this weekend, and is working on a visit to Tennessee for October. Mentions those 3 only and says he won't need to take all 5 visits before making his decision in November.

Visited Providence last weekend, has a visit set to Florida this weekend, and is working on a visit to Tennessee for October. Mentions those 3 only and says he won't need to take all 5 visits before making his decision in November.

Nm if early October since that is not far away

Last edited:
Rashard Lee was from North Carolina. Not that it really disproves the point you're trying to make since it's been 16 years or so since he played at Tennessee.

One of my favorites. He got a little better each year.

Interesting

Fulkerson, Williams, and Johnson.

I would guess just 2

Johnson's a 2/3
Williams is 3-5
Fulkerson's a 4/5

Fulkerson is a take no matter what as has been discussed, the push for Johnson after missing Jenkins tells me they want that scoring guard they missed on with Jenkins, so Johnson is a take, that leaves Williams. That recent article about Dez Oliver and the priority Tennessee has made Williams, I just don't see them not taking him, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Johnson's a 2/3
Williams is 3-5
Fulkerson's a 4/5

Fulkerson is a take no matter what as has been discussed, the push for Johnson after missing Jenkins tells me they want that scoring guard they missed on with Jenkins, so Johnson is a take, that leaves Williams. That recent article about Dez Oliver and the priority Tennessee has made Williams, I just don't see them not taking him, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Does Williams not strike you as another Admiral Schofield, in that he is a man without a true position? With only 13 scholarships, having two of those types on the same team doesn't seem like a good use of scholarships. Especially in back-to-back years. If Admiral were a JR or SR, and had had success in Barnes' system in his role, I could see trying to replicate that. Just seems like an odd target to me when Admiral is FR and we haven't seen his role to this point in Barnes' system.

Reactions: 1 person
Does Williams not strike you as another Admiral Schofield, in that he is a man without a true position? With only 13 scholarships, having two of those types on the same team doesn't seem like a good use of scholarships. Especially in back-to-back years. If Admiral were a JR or SR, and had had success in Barnes' system in his role, I could see trying to replicate that. Just seems like an odd target to me when Admiral is FR and we haven't seen his role to this point in Barnes' system.

I've thought the same thing. It's an interesting move for sure.

I just had the exact same thought in the RD thread. Maybe they think of Admiral as a 2/3 and Williams a 3/4? Admiral seems to have much better balls skills.

I just had the exact same thought in the RD thread. Maybe they think of Admiral as a 2/3 and Williams a 3/4? Admiral seems to have much better balls skills.

If I am an opposing 2G with ball skills, I'm licking my chops at the idea of AS trying to stay in front of me unless he loses about 30+ pounds.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back