Elite Camp June 20th

Does anyone know if Tee Higgins is leaning one way or another concerning playing basketball vs. penisball? I mean football?

According to most he is considering just playing football for the rest of his high school career. Idk if true but would make sense because he is a 5* player in 2017 class at WR.

@Coach_Rick57: Trey Wertz,Ty Gadsden, Alston Davis of Charlotte ACES and Grant Williams of CP3 were invites at Tennessee Elite camp today.

I've actually been trying to get around to working on a 2016 big board, but a few guys who I think Tennessee will have a very good chance with...

Jordan Bone PG 4* #81 composite ranking...don't need to say much here, most know his story and where the Vols stand.

Grant Williams PF 4* #119 composite ranking...Des Oliver hire paying dividend early, he had offered Williams at Charlotte and was quick to do so when he was hired at Tennessee. UT was his first major offer and assuming they make him a priority their chances are very good IMO.

Braxton Blackwell SF 4* #38 composite ranking...I like the chances here more than I did 2 weeks ago, the staff has started to settle in and look ahead and by doing so they've let Blackwell know he's a priority and he seems to receptive. Donovan leaving Florida helps, but the fact his ranking is declining will possibly also help. Much like Jalen Lindsay he's likely not gonna be a blue blood recruit, he likely won't be a top priority for Lousiville who's on his list, so if Tennessee makes him a top target I think it could open the door for them.

De'Riante Jenkins SF 4* #65 composite ranking...another Oliver to SC connection, there's a relationship there in place and Tennessee has been on him pretty hard lately. Clemson made an early offer so they'll likely be involved all the way til the end also.

Tony Bradley PF 4* #32 composite ranking...probably the biggest stretch on my list here, but it's a guy Tennessee coaches really like and have been recruiting pretty hard. He has a UNC offer and is thought to be a lean, but depending on AAU and how much love players are shown that could change, quite possibly the biggest realistic fish IMO.

Micah Thomas SF 3* #145 composite ranking...seems to be somewhat of a forgotten recruit, but he's out in Memphis, and a legitimate high major talent and seems to be a guy on the rise in the rankings.

Austin Meyer PF 3* #181 composite ranking...admittedly I don't know much about him, but when a family member comes here talking like they did you have to think the chances are good. As far as I can tell he doesn't have an offer, so that's one that may depend on how strongly the staff pursues him and where they feel they are with other targets.

Matthew Freeman PF NR...big guy from New Zealand who's not very well known by the recruiting services, but should become much more well known in the next 2 months as he'll be in the states playing in a couple events. Tennessee has been on him pretty hard, all g wkth Notre Dame and Vanderbilt, I would expect UT to get a visit as long as he checks out when they evaluate him next month.

And I'll kind of lump these 3 together with Freeman: Deng Gak, Jack White and Koby McEwan...the first 2 are from Australia the latter is from Canada. It's always hard to get a read on foreign players, but all 3 have some sort of interest from the new staff, to what extent I'm not really sure. Gak has an offer from UCONN, White is one of the best players in Australia this year, and McEwan has about 4-5 high major offers currently as well.

Tennessee is showing interest in McEwan.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back