After we knock off Vandy...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help get a chuckle out of this. You make it sound as if UK somehow let Arky off the hook. I missed about the first 3 minutes of the game, but UK didn't look like a team primed for an upset that day. Haha. They just manhandled Arky with their defense. Up by 30 or so at one point. I don't remember the final score, but in no way did Arky ever look like a serious threat.

Regardless, we need to get by Vandy first, then I'll worry about who's next.

I said "Arky didn't show up when they could have gotten a big upset". Obviously they didn't show up if they got bead so bad. They have not been playing like a ranked team, and certainly didn't in Rupp.

It's not a coin toss. It's a basketball game. Does a middle school team has a 50/50 chance of beating an NBA team?

You are probably wasting your breath. Anyone that can't comprehend the concept of probability of an outcome is not within reach of your rhetorical question.

You are probably wasting your breath. Anyone that can't comprehend the concept of probability of an outcome is not within reach of your rhetorical question.

Probably, but just for funsies, ask him the probability of hitting heads twice in a row.

With my orange tinted glasses on I say Tennessee has a 50/50 chance against Arkansas. If Tennessee goes 17-16 I think NIT is possible once again.

I am not being negative or knocking this comment, but from a discussion stand point does anyone care if we go to the NIT or not? We were 1 play away from going to the Elite 8 last year seems kind of pointless to be hoping for the NIT. Personally I don't see the NIT being important, the team probably could care less to be playing in it, and will get top notch efforts from smaller conferences that are trying to prove something.

Unless you go to the final four, it does not really simulate tournament style games anyways since one team is a home team.

Last edited:
I am not being negative or knocking this comment, but from a discussion stand point does anyone care if we go to the NIT or not? We were 1 play away from going to the Elite 8 last year seems kind of pointless to be hoping for the NIT. Personally I don't see the NIT being important, the team probably could care less to be playing in it, and will get top notch efforts from smaller conferences that are trying to prove something.

I'd like to see the team get the extra practice playing in it.

Reactions: 3 people
I was going to start a statistics lecture but then I thought...nahhh.

Let's keep it simple.

Do you really think that anybody playing UK in the SECT has a realistic 50% shot?

I give the field a 25% shot.

Unless you go to the final four, it does not really simulate tournament style games anyways since one team is a home team.

Being a Tennessee fan, I like to see my team play as much as I can. So yes, I care that we go to the NIT. And for sake of argument, generally big time conference teams are the ones that win it not small conference teams. Minnesota, Baylor and Stanford are the last 3 NIT champs. Plus seniors (Richardson) probably want to play as many games as they can and enjoy their last season to the fullest. And the chance to play in Madison Square should be incentive for the any basketball player. Just imo

About 50/50. Either we will beat them or we won't. Kentucky there is a 0% chance of even thinking about beating them.

I was going to start a statistics lecture but then I thought...nahhh.

Let's keep it simple.

Do you really think that anybody playing UK in the SECT has a realistic 50% shot?

No, but that hasn't stopped me from dreaming yet. :)

GO VOLS!

We're 1-3 on neutral floors.
The probability of us winning 2 in the SECt is 4.87%.

Knock off Vandy?? Doesn't this thread belong in the football forum? I just don't see it this Thursday.

VN Store

Back