Recruiting Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimani Jackson and Malique Trent are teammates at New Mexico junior college, and one is a big strong post the other is listed as a combo gaurd. Both hold offers from the Vols, and I think both would be good pick-ups.

Trent averages 16ppg 4aspg and is a 40% 3 point shooter

Kimani Jackson averages 9ppg 6rpg (shares time with another talented big probably going to texas tech)

I think these two guys would be a great way to close out the recruiting class, but maybe another point gaurd just in case.

Rob Gray appears to be higher on the board than Trent fwiw

Reese
Moore
Punter
Baulkman
Owens
McGhee
Carmichael
Mostella
Hubbs
Plus two current commits
Plus three more added
Equals 14
That means Bonds won't get a scholarship. Neither will Campbell or Lopez. Then one more scholarship has to be taken from one of these 14 as well.

Unless someone has told CDT they plan to transfer , I don't think we take 3 more

Reese
Moore
Punter
Baulkman
Owens
McGhee
Carmichael
Mostella
Hubbs
Plus two current commits
Plus three more added
Equals 14
That means Bonds won't get a scholarship. Neither will Campbell or Lopez. Then one more scholarship has to be taken from one of these 14 as well.
Bonds may be waiting to have three years with his friend. Now, here is the dilemma. Until the letter is signed they are only commits. Coach T says he is going to get a point guard and either a combo guard or a post player. He is leaning junior college on a couple. Will be interesting to see what happens on signing day. PS In my opinion they could not get a better point guard option than to bring BL back as a 5th year senior who is graduating this semester but not many share that opinion, a 24 year old with a ton of experience instead of a 17 or 18 year old getting hit in the face with SEC basketball.

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd shows up for the Vanderbilt game on Thursday because of all the wintry weather Knoxville has had the last couple of weeks.

Bonds may be waiting to have three years with his friend. Now, here is the dilemma. Until the letter is signed they are only commits. Coach T says he is going to get a point guard and either a combo guard or a post player. He is leaning junior college on a couple. Will be interesting to see what happens on signing day. PS In my opinion they could not get a better point guard option than to bring BL back as a 5th year senior who is graduating this semester but not many share that opinion, a 24 year old with a ton of experience instead of a 17 or 18 year old getting hit in the face with SEC basketball.

Those two have already signed

Why in the WORLD are we not recruiting Nick Noskowiak?! Drop everything Tyndall, stop recruiting your 2 stars, stop recruiting your jucos...get him! We desperately need a pg, and he is smooth. Unacceptable from this staff if were not trying for him.

Tyndall missed Vol Calls tonight because he was out recruiting. I wonder if FlightTracker.com shows anything between McGhee Tyson and Wisconsin.

Per Basilio, Tyndall was in New Mexico recruiting jucos Tuesday night ( Rob Gray >>> http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2014-15/div1/players/robgrayndel ) :

Sources tell (his website) that Donnie Tyndall was a at New Mexico Junior College last night seeing a trio of guys... xxx ...I expect Tennessee to sign 3 in the spring. If you're doing the math, that means the Vols will have to get creative or there's someone on the roster that doesn't figure to be there in a few months.

Last edited:
Tyndall missed Vol Calls tonight because he was out recruiting. I wonder if FlightTracker.com shows anything between McGhee Tyson and Wisconsin.

As I've posted since Monday, Tyndall was headed to see NMJC and Howard College play where 3 of our JUCO targets were involved in a big game.

Why in the WORLD are we not recruiting Nick Noskowiak?! Drop everything Tyndall, stop recruiting your 2 stars, stop recruiting your jucos...get him! We desperately need a pg, and he is smooth. Unacceptable from this staff if were not trying for him.

California is the current favorite to land him, imagine that.

Please don't what? Look him up, California is the favorite to land him, I didn't even bring the player up, what's the issue, thought this was a recruiting discussion thread?

Yes it is, but the "imagine that California is the lead" we all know what you're trying to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back