Lance Armstrong. The Cheat.

Because he was the best cheater? Better question, is it really cheating if everyone is doing it?

Did not see a thread for the 30 for 30. I thought it was well done. Lance put a lot out there. At the end of the day, I don't think he did anything doping-wise that all of the top grand tour contenders of his era weren't doing. As far as the denials and personal attacks he admits the wrongs and says he wishes he'd been a better person back then. Still carries a few grudges but there is a whole host of his detractors who do the same against him.

Did not see a thread for the 30 for 30. I thought it was well done. Lance put a lot out there. At the end of the day, I don't think he did anything doping-wise that all of the top grand tour contenders of his era weren't doing. As far as the denials and personal attacks he admits the wrongs and says he wishes he'd been a better person back then. Still carries a few grudges but there is a whole host of his detractors who do the same against him.
Other than Betsy Andreau, I don't know that many people who hold the animosity for him that he has for Landis. I also think Betsy hated him from the first day she met him and everything since then just confirmed her opinion.

I was surprised about this comment at the end about Hincapie being idolized, worshipped, given jobs, invited to races, etc. since Hincapie has easily been the most loyal to him throughout:

I couldn't believe he didn't know his son's jersey number. He's a redshirt sophomore, how can he not know his own kid's number by now?

I couldn't believe he didn't know his son's jersey number. He's a redshirt sophomore, how can he not know his own kid's number by now?
That was hard to watch.

I think the best observation of all was the guy who said he’d never met a collective group that was more strange than American cyclists and he thought it was because cycling was so far down the list in American sports that there has to be something wrong with them or they’d be playing something else.

That was hard to watch.

I think the best observation of all was the guy who said he’d never met a collective group that was more strange than American cyclists and he thought it was because cycling was so far down the list in American sports that there has to be something wrong with them or they’d be playing something else.
That, combined with the fact that cycling is an individual sport. The level of ego is upped way beyond what a player in a team sport has.

VN Store

Back