Vaping

You probably don't care about anything more than aggravating people with this but in case you are interested, there are plenty of people more qualified than I am (and probably you too) that agree with me. A quick google search found plenty of results that refute these findings. Below is just one of those.

Spreading fear and confusion with misleading formaldehyde studies « The counterfactual

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that. I am not here to aggravate, for once. I wanted to know if you'd read the study or were just spouting off about how it's biased against something you enjoy. Now that you've provided an example, you've answered my question (and possibly changed my position on the matter once I can read the lead more thoroughly).

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that. I am not here to aggravate, for once. I wanted to know if you'd read the study or were just spouting off about how it's biased against something you enjoy. Now that you've provided an example, you've answered my question (and possibly changed my position on the matter once I can read the lead more thoroughly).

Got ya. To answer your question, I haven't read the actual study. It's probably not readily available as far as I know. From all the articles that flooded out you could start to read between the lines though.

Got ya. To answer your question, I haven't read the actual study. It's probably not readily available as far as I know. From all the articles that flooded out you could start to read between the lines though.

The study is probably behind a paywall. Take the articles with a grain of salt and consider the source. That's what I do when I hear claims in the media of a study, or those discrediting it.

Reactions: 1 person
Wanted to bump for general discussion, but saw I missed the convo on the NEJM study when it happened.

I can get you links if you really want me to, but I know this info off the top of my head. The study is fallacious because the testing conditions and procedures were not realistically comparable to the actual act of vaping. Yes, formaldehyde did form, but it formed from the plastic insulator of the atomizer head being melted from the heat of the coil. Vape coils vary in operational temperatures, but they can't come close to melting plastic if the coil and wick are saturated in e-liquid. If they are not saturated, the device would give the user an unpleasant and mildly painful "dry hit" from the wicking material (silica, cotton, eckowool, ceramic-based, etc.) being burnt by the heat of the coil. Obviously at this point, users typically do not continue using the device (PC way of saying people with common sense) until the the issue is resolved, most likely due to the tank running out of juice, the battery power set inappropriately high, or the atomizer unit being exhausted. And all of this is WAYYYY before we get to the point of all the wicking material burning completely dry, allowing the coil to melt the insulator. Basically, if you actually vaped on the actual device and equipment powering the operational perimeters of the device, you would cough your head off and stop using it way before the insulator melts. The study's procedures simulated a wildly unrealistic vaping scenario.

Reactions: 2 people
But what are ya'll vaping on? I've got Satori (cinnamon toast crunch flavor) from Mountain Oak/Vintage Vapors "Way Of The Dragon" line in a Derringer RDA on my iStick 50W. Also have Chakra (mocha cookie flavor from the same line) in my Arctic on a Smok M80+.

Bump. Anyone found any awesome new flavors??? I haven't changed up much since my last check in.

Also, anyone having good luck with new devices? I also don't think I have anything new, but I'm planning on getting one of the new Snow Wolf temp control mods when my shop gets them in. I've tried the nickel coils for my Arctic tank, and the performance is FANTASTIC.

Alright folks, need some recommendations on getting started with this. Things to look put for? What do I need as far as maintenance? Any reasonably priced recommendations to get going?

Vape Enthusiast here! I'm currently rocking a DNA 200 box, and the new TFV4 mini. Usually do the RDA, but I'm just loving the convenience of an RTA right now. Currently vaping "My Man" by OneHitWonder.

Bump. Anyone found any awesome new flavors??? I haven't changed up much since my last check in.

Also, anyone having good luck with new devices? I also don't think I have anything new, but I'm planning on getting one of the new Snow Wolf temp control mods when my shop gets them in. I've tried the nickel coils for my Arctic tank, and the performance is FANTASTIC.

I would recommend getting a DNA 200 instead of the Snow Wolf. I have both, and the DNA 200 is in a league of it's own.

Also, I've been loving the 2 new flavors from One Hit Wonder, "My Man", and "Rocketman"

Reactions: 1 person
So I just got back into Vaping & got the Kanger nebox 60W. I recently upgraded my coil. I just changed it tonight & primed it. I let it sit for 5 mins & took a hit & it taste burnt.. Do I need to change the coil again or let it sit for it to soak some more liquid i?

Last edited:
So I changed the Coil & primed it really good and let it sit. Flavor is amazing now.

I highly recommend "Space Rocks" by "Lost Arts Liquids" you won't regret it.

My friend works at Anna Mae's Vapory in Pigeon Forge.........he is really into this and would be a good person to talk to. Ask for Mark

Just be careful with what kind you buy. Most are made in China and there are hardly any regulations in this industry. I represent a man right now who had one blow up in his pocket and burn his leg and you know what.

Just be careful with what kind you buy. Most are made in China and there are hardly any regulations in this industry. I represent a man right now who had one blow up in his pocket and burn his leg and you know what.

Do you have a good chance to win the case?

Edit: Did he have it turned off while it was in his pocket?

Last edited:
My friend works at Anna Mae's Vapory in Pigeon Forge.........he is really into this and would be a good person to talk to. Ask for Mark

I'll have to call on my next day off.

Its starting to taste burnt again so I don't know if it's the liquid or not.

Just ordered some Baja Blast E Liquid online. Had great reviews hopefully it taste good.

We trained with the British at JRTC back in April. They called it a douche flute.

Yeahh.. they're are different types of people who vape. I don't do it for the big ass clouds or to see get the biggest mods I can. I'm only doing it to try and quit smoking but I totally love what they call it. Literally spilled my coffee.

I have been vaping for a few years now and have been through plenty of rigs. My Mutation X V4 shorted out and murdered my X Cube II recently. I replaced it with a Cuboid 150 and a Tsunami RDA. I have been running this setup for a little over two months now and I love it. Just throwing it out there in case anyone is reading this thread looking for rig advice. As far as tanks go, I'm not too fond tanks. Out of the tanks I have my SuperTank is my favorite with an Atlantis coil installed.

Juice.....Check out Plume Juice from Vape Caviar

VN Store

Back