Vaping

That's some pretty low-ohm vaping right there. I usually shoot for about 1.2 to 1.4. Current setup:

Yeah I started out on dual coils when I went to rebuildables, and my ohms have only gotten lower since lol. I just switched from 28 gauge to 24 a few weeks ago, and it just produces so much more flavor. Pretty hard to get above .4 ohms with 24. I don't really care about the vapor production, but it does produce a lot.

What kind of tanks are you using?

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I started out on dual coils when I went to rebuildables, and my ohms have only gotten lower since lol. I just switched from 28 gauge to 24 a few weeks ago, and it just produces so much more flavor. Pretty hard to get above .4 ohms with 24. I don't really care about the vapor production, but it does produce a lot.

What kind of tanks are you using?

Those are Heron rebuildables from GP/Paps.

GP Heron v1.5

Best atty I've used, and I've used a lot of them. The word is, though, that they're not designed for super-low ohm vaping (below 0.7/0.8 or so), but that's not really a problem for me. You'd probably have trouble getting 24 guage wire in there without touching the posts and shorting it. Jeez, 24 gauge must be like a paper clip. I'm still using 30. I tried 28 but those low ohm builds give me a sore throat every time.

Those are Heron rebuildables from GP/Paps.

GP Heron v1.5

Best atty I've used, and I've used a lot of them. The word is, though, that they're not designed for super-low ohm vaping (below 0.7/0.8 or so), but that's not really a problem for me. You'd probably have trouble getting 24 guage wire in there without touching the posts and shorting it. Jeez, 24 gauge must be like a paper clip. I'm still using 30. I tried 28 but those low ohm builds give me a sore throat every time.

Man the thicker Kanthal is easier to work with IMO, but you gotta have an atty that can accommodate the thickness. I have a Kayfun, but I hardly ever use it. As they say, to each, their own.

Yeah those Herons look legit.

I know this thread is all about tobacco, but any marijuana vapers here? I recently purchased a pax, and i'm loving it! Was about to go with the MFLB, but tried it and was very disappointed. plus i just love the design of the pax along with the temperature control.

I know this thread is all about tobacco, but any marijuana vapers here? I recently purchased a pax, and i'm loving it! Was about to go with the MFLB, but tried it and was very disappointed. plus i just love the design of the pax along with the temperature control.

Actually vaping has very little to do with tobacco despite what the talking heads have to say.

Hey folks. I started vaping a week ago. Bought the inferno from volcano. It's working very well so far as an alternative. I've had one cig since starting to vape and that was only because I left one at work and it was waiting on me Monday morning lol. I have only tried a tobacco flavor so far but I am headed to the store after work today.

Does anyone have experience with this model? Any interchangeable parts that would make the experience better? Not that it is bad. I love it so far!

So what's a good vaporizer for under $100? Doesn't necessarily have to be for travel.

So what's a good vaporizer for under $100? Doesn't necessarily have to be for travel.

I have the Innokin itaste MVP. I bought mine at a local vape store for $70. Couple weeks later I bought another one on eBay for $38 with free shipping. They're hard to beat for the price.

IMO, your best bet for a first purchase is to go to a good local shop and try out various devices to get a good idea of what you might like. They vary greatly in size, shape, battery life, etc., not to mention you can sample flavors that way. If you shoot from the hip from a web site, you might get something you don't really like. You should be able to get out easily for well under $100.

There is a Mountain Oak Vapors in Knoxville on Lovell Rd. They have a very good reputation and I think would help you get started right. I'm sure there are others too, but I know Mountain Oak is a quality shop.

Edit: Here's their web site: Services

Edit 2: Once you know what you like, you are definitely better off buying online, but doing it that way the first time is risky IMO. You will pay more the first time, but you will at least get something you know you like.

Last edited:
Went crazy and bought a REO the other day. The end all, be all.

Attachments

• IMG_20141003_231331_273.jpg
    IMG_20141003_231331_273.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2
I should rephrase. I wasn't saying you were trying to find something wrong with it. Just that whoever did this "study", did it with an agenda.

Have you read and evaluated the study? Do you even understand science and statistics enough to do so? I mean, do you even think there's a chance that it's not biased like you claim?

Have you read and evaluated the study? Do you even understand science and statistics enough to do so? I mean, do you even think there's a chance that it's not biased like you claim?

Just read it man. I'm no scientist but the way the test seems to have been conducted doesn't reflect how the product is meant to be used.

All I'm saying is that the headline "E-cigarette fluid found to contain formaldehyde" probably sounded like it would catch a lot more attention than "Misuse of E-cigarettes may result in formaldehyde consumption." So that's the way it was published

Just read it man. I'm no scientist but the way the test seems to have been conducted doesn't reflect how the product is meant to be used.

All I'm saying is that the headline "E-cigarette fluid found to contain formaldehyde" probably sounded like it would catch a lot more attention than "Misuse of E-cigarettes may result in formaldehyde consumption." So that's the way it was published

The article's headline may be biased, but that's not how scientific studies are written.

VN Store

Back