Coach Elder's tweet

tommy townsend @tommy_townsend · 13m
Just committed to the University of Tennessee! It's an honor and a blessing! #GoVols!!

Reactions: 18 people
For those of you old enough to remember, is he related to Ricky Townsend that was our "barefoot" kicker many years ago?

Reactions: 5 people
For those of you old enough to remember, is he related to Ricky Townsend that was our "barefoot" kicker many years ago?

I'll answer my own question - I don't think he is. I didn't realize that his brother is the punter at Florida.

Outstanding! Coming from the days when Coach Cafego turned out consistent high quality kickers year in and year out, I gained a great appreciation for this position and how important it is to field position and winning games. Very glad to have Tommy Townsend as a Vol!

Reactions: 2 people
Michel's punting and JRM down field tackling is one of the main reasons we were in it to the end with Ga.. That and they were down to there 4th string T.B.. My best game to be at in a long time it was like late 90's Neyland!!!! That game shows how important special teams is.

Matt Darr was ranked the #1 punter by several services coming out of HS too. Doesn't mean squat.

So you think the odds of the #1 ranked HS punter developing into good college punter are no better then the odds of say the #49 ranked punter? Being highly rated doesn't guarantee anything but I'll take my chances with the #1 rated punter any day. There are not many punters that would have beat out Palardy last year so lets just see how Darr does this year. He has a great leg just inconsistent. Maybe he puts it all together this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back