Vol uniform/helmet design discussion (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not against changing it up but why use a color that's not even UT's? We might as well make them red or blue while we're at it.

Then to that effect, I move to add black to the list of team colors. I mean, come on, dude, most teams don't list white as a team color but wear white jerseys. When you only have two colors it kind of limits what you can do and make it aesthetically pleasing. IMO, the black around the Names/#'s on the road jersey not only makes it easier to read, but looks a heckuva lot sweeter too.

I agree we need to do something a little differant from time to time. Nothing retina burning like oregon or cal but orange shoulders on away jersey's or white shoulders on home jersey's.

Georgia's unis today looked awful. Red helmets, black shirts, silver pants? They should have either gone with black helmets or white pants, and then maybe it wouldn't have looked so bad. The polyglot look was just appalling.

Georgia's unis today looked awful. Red helmets, black shirts, silver pants? They should have either gone with black helmets or white pants, and then maybe it wouldn't have looked so bad. The polyglot look was just appalling.
My sentiments exactly. It was ugly.

I am sorry that I helped keep that thread alive as long as it was on here. It's a good idea, but it's not something that the majority wants to see, so let it die. Death to the BLACK JERSEY!!

i think somebody actually photoshopped and posted a picture of this awhile back. i'll try and dig it up if i can find it.

l_1a3994925f30ef5a235857e8c4c52666.jpg

At this point, doesn't the idea of a "blackout" become a little redundant after Louisville and Rutgers do it? Played out!

I for one, am sick and tired of the "black" thing with these sports uniforms. I thought Georgia looked terrible in their black jerseys yesterday. I wish the college ranks and pros alike, would stick to their colors. The Cincinnati REDS wore BLACK on the road from '99 to '06 for crying out loud. They're the REDS! The VOLS need to stay with their vibrant orange. It's who they are.

I'm not against changing it up but why use a color that's not even UT's? We might as well make them red or blue while we're at it.

Amen to that.

Most of you guys weren't even born yet, but when Jim McDonald was coach for one year between Bowden Wyatt and Doug Dickey, one of the things he tried to do was add a little bit of blue trim to the unis (I think it might have been a blue border around the numbers, and I think he did it because many radio guys, spotters, etc. were complaining that they couldn't read the white numbers against the orange jerseys). He was just about lynched for such a sacrilege.

It might be different today. One poster made the point that there are many that don't care much about the old days.

But you can bet that adding anything to the orange and white football uniforms would be highly controversial, to say the least. The school colors are orange and white. It's part of the great tradition of Tennessee football.

i actually like it :good!: not orange pants though. white or black

I personally love the black look if there was a white outline around the #'s and then wear either white or black pants I think it would look really good, something different :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back