Aja Wilson Visit.

At the McD game, she was asked what her main criteria were for picking a school. She said: How she can get along with the coaches. What the school can do for her upon graduation. What can the school do to take her to the next level.

To me the team that best meets these criteria is uconn.

Too bad Kara Lawson; Candace Parker; and all that long list of coaches who came through Tennessee did not get your message.

Then again, maybe that is why you are called, "Convoluted". Confused; misinformed; or a few other names may be even more appropriate.

Lady Vols is the answer for young ladies who want to excel in basketball as well as being taught life enriching lessons which will help them throughout their lives after basketball is finished.

Reactions: 1 person
My personal feeling is Aja is person that want be acceptable to the hard coaching of either Geno or Dawn Staley. I personally think she like North Carolina and that is where I think she is going. Just a couple more weeks she is going somewhere. She is a talented player that is far from reaching her potential and has some demands like playing the three in college. That relates to NC as well.

Too bad Kara Lawson; Candace Parker; and all that long list of coaches who came through Tennessee did not get your message.

Then again, maybe that is why you are called, "Convoluted". Confused; misinformed; or a few other names may be even more appropriate.

Lady Vols is the answer for young ladies who want to excel in basketball as well as being taught life enriching lessons which will help them throughout their lives after basketball is finished.

Before you knock Convoluted down,maybe you should read some of his posts.I find them to be very informative.As do most here. generally he about 90% right.Problem being the truth hurts. To prove my point I give to you this site for which I have posted before,check it out you will see he is in the know
The Great Manipulator. Geno Auriemma. UCONN Women's Basketball

My personal feeling is Aja is person that want be acceptable to the hard coaching of either Geno or Dawn Staley. I personally think she like North Carolina and that is where I think she is going. Just a couple more weeks she is going somewhere. She is a talented player that is far from reaching her potential and has some demands like playing the three in college. That relates to NC as well.

She also has to realize that Allisha Gray and Diamond Deshields have the 2/3 spot locked down at UNC for the next three years. A'ja will not be starting over either of them, so at best, she's coming off the bench if she insists on playing the SG/SF spot.

UConn loses Hartley and Dolson, and they have some talented shooters coming in. You figure that one of Edwards/Williams/Elkmark will be starting at SG and the others will be backup at SG plus for KML at the wing. Stewart will start at PF and Stokes at C. Wilson will be coming off the bench here as well.

SC has will probably start Welch, Ibiam and Coates in the frontcourt, with Jatarie as backup. Wilson will be coming off the bench.

If she truly wants to start and get as many minutes as possible, Tennessee is the place for her. IF she's as good as advertised, she has an open door to the SG, SF and PF spots. She probably won't get SG since she isn't a consistent 3-pt shooter, but she could take the SF spot on day one (unless Nared ends up being a superstar). She could probably take PF from Graves if Bashaara comes in without improvements. The only spots that are set in stone for Tennessee right now are Izzy at C and Ariel (if healthy) or Carter at PG. Tennessee could very well be the place that Wilson can step in, start at her preferred spot, and contribute right away. What's not to like????

Reactions: 1 person
Before you knock Convoluted down,maybe you should read some of his posts.I find them to be very informative.As do most here. generally he about 90% right.Problem being the truth hurts. To prove my point I give to you this site for which I have posted before,check it out you will see he is in the know
The Great Manipulator. Geno Auriemma. UCONN Women's Basketball

That is not insightful or informative. That's just the typical perspective of a UConn fan which isn't likely to be well received on a Tenn message board. The truth is an All American women's bball player can accomplish her career goals in basketball from Tennessee either as a player (see Chamique Holdsclaw, Candace Parker and Tamika Catchings), a coach (see Nikki Caldwell) or analyst (see Kara Lawson) or even outside of basketball (see Brynae Laxton MD). It's fine that you don't like Tennessee but don't expect to proclaim something as the "truth" when there is ample evidence to the contrary and not be called out on it while you are on a rival board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
That is not insightful or informative. That's just the typical perspective of a UConn fan which isn't likely to be well received on a Tenn message board. The truth is an All American women's bball player can accomplish her career goals in basketball from Tennessee either as a player (see Chamique Holdsclaw, Candace Parker and Tamika Catchings), a coach (see Nikki Caldwell) or analyst (see Kara Lawson) or even outside of basketball (see Brynae Laxton MD). It's fine that you don't like Tennessee but don't expect to proclaim something as the "truth" when there is ample evidence to the contrary and not be called out on it while you are on a rival board.

wow I never said nor do I hide as most here know that I be a UCONN fan. most times I SPEAK IMO the truth,now it seems you're feeling are hurt,I bruise your orange,,Facts brother facts true I sometimes dish out some ,how should I say fun,joke a little,may rub a little,ETC...but also get it back too, always remember facts
:haha_oh:

wow I never said nor do I hide as most here know that I be a UCONN fan. most times I SPEAK IMO the truth,now it seems you're feeling are hurt,I bruise your orange,,Facts brother facts true I sometimes dish out some ,how should I say fun,joke a little,may rub a little,ETC...but also get it back too, always remember facts
:haha_oh:

see by your profile you seem to be hiding Bowl Brother 85 .. lol:peace2: if you such a die hard fan of TENN,then don't hide .Show your colors,stand up and be counted Lets see who you really are,until then don't spot off to me until you show your colors

I would have no problem rooting for UConn if it wasn't for the arrogance of their women's fans...This is a tough one.

Last edited:
see by your profile you seem to be hiding Bowl Brother 85 .. lol:peace2: if you such a die hard fan of TENN,then don't hide .Show your colors,stand up and be counted Lets see who you really are,until then don't spot off to me until you show your colors

LOL! Let's go Cardinal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She also has to realize that Allisha Gray and Diamond Deshields have the 2/3 spot locked down at UNC for the next three years. A'ja will not be starting over either of them, so at best, she's coming off the bench if she insists on playing the SG/SF spot.

UConn loses Hartley and Dolson, and they have some talented shooters coming in. You figure that one of Edwards/Williams/Elkmark will be starting at SG and the others will be backup at SG plus for KML at the wing. Stewart will start at PF and Stokes at C. Wilson will be coming off the bench here as well.

SC has will probably start Welch, Ibiam and Coates in the frontcourt, with Jatarie as backup. Wilson will be coming off the bench.

If she truly wants to start and get as many minutes as possible, Tennessee is the place for her. IF she's as good as advertised, she has an open door to the SG, SF and PF spots. She probably won't get SG since she isn't a consistent 3-pt shooter, but she could take the SF spot on day one (unless Nared ends up being a superstar). She could probably take PF from Graves if Bashaara comes in without improvements. The only spots that are set in stone for Tennessee right now are Izzy at C and Ariel (if healthy) or Carter at PG. Tennessee could very well be the place that Wilson can step in, start at her preferred spot, and contribute right away. What's not to like????

Im reading on several Vol sites that it's USC and UT as the top battlers for her choice......on UConn sites it's USC and UConn....on UNC sites it's USC and UNC the top schools for her. LOL, I like the common denominator.....

Wilson has stated time and time again that she wants to play the 3. A Wing/Swing position. She has gone out of her way to correct well-wishers who post on her twitter acct that she'll be a great post player here, there, elsewhere, that "thanks, but I'm a 3". She seems determined....

One has to remember that any starting team in BB numbers FIVE (5) on the floor at the same time. They typically fall into different categories of responsibilities on the floor, but often those responsibilities overlap with each other. A wing player - also known as a "swing" player - can have skill sets that overlap with SGs as well as with PFs, depending on their physicality. I've regularly seen 6-0 SGs out-rebound 6-3 Fs with regularity, because of that SGs athleticism and aggressiveness during games.

Often if teams have strong perimeter shooters at the SG (2) position, they don't necessarily need them at the SF (3) position. That position can help with rebounding, driving the basket, playing defense. Often times a team loaded with SGs that are 5-11 to 6-2, it has the "Wing" position covered even if that team hasn't got any true "Wing" players on it.

UNC is loaded at the SG to SF positions. It's loaded with 5-11 to 6-2 players playing all the variation of wing/swing players. They are mostly 4-star and 5-star rated players who are also young, and therefore may have attitude issues sharing court time with Wilson, or worse watching from the bench...

UT as was mentioned is bringing in already Nared, a 5*-rated W player. Also bringing in 4-star W Dunbar, and already have 4* W Jackson committed for the 2015 class. The Lady Vols have recruited a TON of SGs and SFs in recent classes, like UNC. They are mostly 4-star and 5-star rated players that expect to be starters and play a lot of minutes. Should Wilson choose to go to UT, she will be diving into that great depth and spend her college career battling with like-talented players for shooting spots on the floor...

UConn with Dolson is losing their biggest inside threat. They have W-forward Stewart for 2 more years, and KML (6-0 3 position) for 1 more. Stewart is already UConn's version of what Wilson envisions herself being, and resides solidly in her spot on the floor. UConn's incoming 2014 class consists of three (3) Gs - not PG but G - and one (1) W in Nurse. All of them are 5-star rated per Hoopsgurlz. Who sits on the bench watching A'ja play in their spot?

USC now has a huge hole in it's starting five at PG (the 1 position) and at SF (A'ja's 3 spot). Both were 4-star rated prospects and this past season was their first as starters, but IMO they were a bit over-rated as 4*s based on their production. In all 5 of USC's losses this season, both Sessions and Dozier combined for around 6 ppg, 5 rpg, and 3 apg. That's not each: that's combined total! Sessions shot a combined 3 for 28 in those 5 games (10.7%!!), and Dozier better at 7 for 29 (24%), but still poor.

Dozier is not very physical, doesn't rebound well, doesn't play strong defense, and doesn't drive well to the basket. She is essentially a spot-up perimeter shooter that hesitates in taking her shots, and averaged about 6 ppg for the season.

USC needs more offensive production from those starting spots if it wishes to truly compete for FFs. The very best teams will have depth in the paint and aggressive Fs to collapse on our post players, and force our Gs and perimeter players to beat them. This past season when that happened, USC struggled mightily.

Behind Dozier, we have perhaps Tina Roy, who is better suited as a SG. Roy was a high-3* out of HS, something IMO Dozier better fits at unless she improves her game tremendously. I don't think either Dozier or Roy would deserve to have issues sitting while Wilson played the 3. They had their chances, and are nowhere near as talented as Wilson. USC is actually the best fit for what Wilson wants to do, IMO....

Last edited:
Im reading on several Vol sites that it's USC and UT as the top battlers for her choice......on UConn sites it's USC and UConn....on UNC sites it's USC and UNC the top schools for her. LOL, I like the common denominator.....

Wilson has stated time and time again that she wants to play the 3. A Wing/Swing position. She has gone out of her way to correct well-wishers who post on her twitter acct that she'll be a great post player here, there, elsewhere, that "thanks, but I'm a 3". She seems determined....

One has to remember that any starting team in BB numbers FIVE (5) on the floor at the same time. They typically fall into different categories of responsibilities on the floor, but often those responsibilities overlap with each other. A wing player - also known as a "swing" player - can have skill sets that overlap with SGs as well as with PFs, depending on their physicality. I've regularly seen 6-0 SGs out-rebound 6-3 Fs with regularity, because of that SGs athleticism and aggressiveness during games.

Often if teams have strong perimeter shooters at the SG (2) position, they don't necessarily need them at the SF (3) position. That position can help with rebounding, driving the basket, playing defense. Often times a team loaded with SGs that are 5-11 to 6-2, it has the "Wing" position covered even if that team hasn't got any true "Wing" players on it.

UNC is loaded at the SG to SF positions. It's loaded with 5-11 to 6-2 players playing all the variation of wing/swing players. They are mostly 4-star and 5-star rated players who are also young, and therefore may have attitude issues sharing court time with Wilson, or worse watching from the bench...

UT as was mentioned is bringing in already Nared, a 5*-rated W player. Also bringing in 4-star W Dunbar, and already have 4* W Jackson committed for the 2015 class. The Lady Vols have recruited a TON of SGs and SFs in recent classes, like UNC. They are mostly 4-star and 5-star rated players that expect to be starters and play a lot of minutes. Should Wilson choose to go to UT, she will be diving into that great depth and spend her college career battling with like-talented players for shooting spots on the floor...

UConn with Dolson is losing their biggest inside threat. They have W-forward Stewart for 2 more years, and KML (6-0 3 position) for 1 more. Stewart is already UConn's version of what Wilson envisions herself being, and resides solidly in her spot on the floor. UConn's incoming 2014 class consists of three (3) Gs - not PG but G - and one (1) W in Nurse. All of them are 5-star rated per Hoopsgurlz. Who sits on the bench watching A'ja play in their spot?

USC now has a huge hole in it's starting five at PG (the 1 position) and at SF (A'ja's 3 spot). Both were 4-star rated prospects and this past season was their first as starters, but IMO they were a bit over-rated as 4*s based on their production. In all 5 of USC's losses this season, both Sessions and Dozier combined for around 6 ppg, 5 rpg, and 3 apg. That's not each: that's combined total! Sessions shot a combined 3 for 28 in those 5 games (10.7%!!), and Dozier better at 7 for 29 (24%), but still poor.

Dozier is not very physical, doesn't rebound well, doesn't play strong defense, and doesn't drive well to the basket. She is essentially a spot-up perimeter shooter that hesitates in taking her shots, and averaged about 6 ppg for the season.

USC needs more offensive production from those starting spots if it wishes to truly compete for FFs. The very best teams will have depth in the paint and aggressive Fs to collapse on our post players, and force our Gs and perimeter players to beat them. This past season when that happened, USC struggled mightily.

Behind Dozier, we have perhaps Tina Roy, who is better suited as a SG. Roy was a high-3* out of HS, something IMO Dozier better fits at unless she improves her game tremendously. I don't think either Dozier or Roy would deserve to have issues sitting while Wilson played the 3. They had their chances, and are nowhere near as talented as Wilson. USC is actually the best fit for what Wilson wants to do, IMO....

So next year, SC is going to continue to bring Coates off the bench? No way. Her and Ibiam will be starting, and Welch will be moved to the wing. That's a harder lineup to crack then Tennessee, where the rest of the players competing for the same position will be beneath Wilson in terms of incoming accolades or proven college experience.

Tennessee has a wide open 3 spot waiting. Nared has to earn it as much as Wilson. Burdick probably won't provide much resistance to either.

So next year, SC is going to continue to bring Coates off the bench? No way. Her and Ibiam will be starting, and Welch will be moved to the wing. That's a harder lineup to crack then Tennessee, where the rest of the players competing for the same position will be beneath Wilson in terms of incoming accolades or proven college experience.

Tennessee has a wide open 3 spot waiting. Nared has to earn it as much as Wilson. Burdick probably won't provide much resistance to either.

bingo ! Burdick probably won't provide much resistance to either.

the problem is > need better coaching,I mean hard ass like cps did,need to get into their face.Will TEN. get past the final 4 next year?kinda hope so,still if you want the ring you go with a winner Uconn

How about academics? I know SC is not very well thought it in that department. NC just went through a huge academic cheating scandal where athletes were just given grades for no-show courses. So while it is a good school you have to think an athlete who gets a degree there will have an asterisk attached to it for purposes of employment.

I think UConn and UT have the edge there along with the fact that they have put so many players into the pros, broadcasting, coaching etc... SC may do that eventually, but that would be in the future because they haven't done it to this point. They are still a bit of an unknown. What have they had? One good season? I really don't know because they have been irrelevant for as long as I can remember and this is the first year I remember them being any sort of impediment for us.

IMO she will go with a winner,I think Uconn

Maybe, but I will be anxious to see who she picks as this will be the first test of recruiting against UConn hanging their conference situation around their necks. UNC, SC, and Tennessee have all three used it along with the schools that were in it up to this point.

I realize he is going hard after strong non-conference games but in reality he may have 1 or 2 national broadcasts after December 31. The new SEC network is really going to afford her family the opportunity to see all of her games on television in a way that UNC and UConn can't offer.

These networks are still in their infancy but they are going to be huge headaches for baseball, womens basketball, software, and olympic sport coaches for non-Big Ten/Pac-12/SEC schools in the near future.

SOMETHING sure is missing of that there is no doubt.It's really a down right shame.LV were always in the top10.now it turnovers,some players hastate to shoot.passing stinks pieod. doesn't seem to be a team effort,, Something is missing

Maybe, but I will be anxious to see who she picks as this will be the first test of recruiting against UConn hanging their conference situation around their necks. UNC, SC, and Tennessee have all three used it along with the schools that were in it up to this point.

I realize he is going hard after strong non-conference games but in reality he may have 1 or 2 national broadcasts after December 31. The new SEC network is really going to afford her family the opportunity to see all of her games on television in a way that UNC and UConn can't offer.

These networks are still in their infancy but they are going to be huge headaches for baseball, womens basketball, software, and olympic sport coaches for non-Big Ten/Pac-12/SEC schools in the near future.

wow fist he may have 1 or 2 national broadcasts after December 31 this I doubt very much,ESPN will carry Uconn as well as CBS big time,you can bet on that.always CPTV too{what really made Cptv} SYN really a pain ,,cost ya even block the radio.It would be good for the LV to get the covage they dearely need.

SOMETHING sure is missing of that there is no doubt.It's really a down right shame.LV were always in the top10.now it turnovers,some players hastate to shoot.passing stinks pieod. doesn't seem to be a team effort,, Something is missing

:detective: Something missing is your spelling. You need to go find it.

VN Store

Back