2014-2015 Tennessee Men's basketball predictions poll question

How will Tennessee do in the 2014-2015 Men's Basketball season?

• Total voters

Dave1967

How will Tennessee do in the 2014-2015 basketball season?

I think Tennessee goes to the Big Dance as a 6-10 seed

Last edited:
If Stokes stays we could have some serious potential...

Stokes
Thompson
Richardson
Hubbs
Cofer/Turman

with: Pops, Reese, Moore, Cornish and Austin coming off the bench is a pretty stout roster still.

Kentucky will always be Kentucky and Florida should be down somewhat. If Stokes doesn't stay we will have a much harder time because our big men will have to grow up fast.

EDIT: Add Davis and potentially Rhett if he comes starting at the 4...

Last edited:
We're probably going to get Rhett too. If so, he starts at the 4.

If Stokes stays we could have some serious potential...

Stokes
Thompson
Richardson
Hubbs
Cofer/Turman

with: Pops, Reese, Moore, Cornish and Austin coming off the bench is a pretty stout roster still.

Kentucky will always be Kentucky and Florida should be down somewhat. If Stokes doesn't stay we will have a much harder time because our big men will have to grow up fast.

I agree with you that's a darn good lineup! If Stokes goes the season will be a big question mark(at least to me).

Reactions: 1 person
I think Davis will contribute as well.

True I forgot about him and Rhett. Rhett is the most important recruit in this next class. If Stokes stays, Rhett will allow Cofer/Turman to mature and come off the bench; if stokes goes Rhett will help ease the blow and will be better stepping in for Stokes instead of having to play Cofer and Turman...

Depends on 1) if Stokes stays, and 2) if we get Rhett. Too many unknowns for me to predict right now.

Reactions: 3 people
True I forgot about him and Rhett. Rhett is the most important recruit in this next class. If Stokes stays, Rhett will allow Cofer/Turman to mature and come off the bench; if stokes goes Rhett will help ease the blow and will be better stepping in for Stokes instead of having to play Cofer and Turman...

Do you realize that Stokes & Rhett are a package deal? If Stokes leaves, then Rhett likely goes else where.

My thoughts is that Rhett will replace Maymon...

Do you realize that Stokes & Rhett are a package deal? If Stokes leaves, then Rhett likely goes else where.

My thoughts is that Rhett will replace Maymon...

I did not realize that. Well Stokes decision will likely foretell how our season will go next year if not the next 2 years.

Depends on 1) if Stokes stays, and 2) if we get Rhett. Too many unknowns for me to predict right now.

Stokes is a late 2nd rounder and there are only 2 rounds in the NBA draft, so as a late 2nd rounder, it is very likely that he not even get drafted and will end up like Scotty.

I think that since this draft class is so deep, that he will elect to return for his senior season, thus Rhett will bring his services to U.T.

Martins stays, Stokes stays & Rhett comes to U.T.

Reactions: 3 people
If Stokes leaves and Rhett doesn't come then CBI
If one of those come than NIT
If both are here then NCAA
simple really...

Reactions: 2 people
Stokes is a late 2nd rounder and there are only 2 rounds in the NBA draft, so as a late 2nd rounder, it is very likely that he not even get drafted and will end up like Scotty.

I think that since this draft class is so deep, that he will elect to return for his senior season, thus Rhett will bring his services to U.T.

Martins stays, Stokes stays & Rhett comes to U.T.

I've always contended that Stokes should come back, but it doesn't necessarily mean he will. I just hope he's surrounded himself with people who have his best interests in mind, and not their own.

I've always contended that Stokes should come back, but it doesn't necessarily mean he will. I just hope he's surrounded himself with people who have his best interests in mind, and not their own.

Depends a lot on whether his "handlers" are a group of Memphis thugs!! I can say that because I am living in Memphis!:clapping::clapping:

Yeah next years team will be even better defensively and that's scary. But scoring and rebounding will go down if Stokes leaves. I honestly think McRae, Maymon, and Barton are replaceable and Stokes is irraplaceable.

Thompson/Austin will step up in Barton's place.
Richardson will take McRae's place.
Hubbs will take over Richardson place.
Rhett (if we get him) be and upgrade over an injured Maymon.
Stokes if he stays will be better.
Then our bench will be way better and deeper than this year. Moore coming off the bench and being able to guard any position is the key. The guy is a freak athlete. Coach Nic will pack some pounds on AJ and Cofer will be nice coming off the bench. I'm excited and I think next years team is going to surprise a lot of people.

Reactions: 1 person
stokes, DT, Rhett, Jrich, Hubbs, Moore first off the bench is a great lineup. Get AJ some confidence, and a couple freshmen contribute and should be another tourney and @ 22 reg season wins.
If it's Pops, AJ, jrich, Hubbs....we will be short @ 25 pts and 20 rebs a game in the post. That's a lot to make up in the type of offense CM will begin the season with and teams won't doubleteam down low and allow for cutters and spot up shooters.

Too many 'ifs' to predict at this point.
Add: Tougher or easier pre conference schedule?
The usual slow start until new pieces sync could require 14 wins in conference to get to 20 wins.

VN Store

Back