Ghosts..... Have you ever seen them?

i know there is another thread somewhere that people have put their personal experiences. some interesting stories

Reactions: BillD83
I had a Aunt that swore her house was haunted (things moving on there own..knocking...ect). She had a good head on her shoulders too, don't know.

May sound weird, but my Grandmother visited me at night on an anniversary of her passing. She told me she was proud of my accomplishments and asked me to take care of my family. I've always been a little scared of such, but the moment wasn't frightening, at all.

My brother has some crazy stories from a really old house he used to rent in Murfreesboro....things moving, etc. He swears they really happened.

IMO, the idea that such things are impossible is terribly egocentric and closed-minded.

According to the security guard at the hotel I worked at in Gatlinburg on the 7th floor, the Penthouses up there were haunted but I walked the floors every night and never seen/felt/heard anything weird

According to the security guard at the hotel I worked at in Gatlinburg on the 7th floor, the Penthouses up there were haunted but I walked the floors every night and never seen/felt/heard anything weird
You're apparently not in tune with the supernatural.

You're apparently not in tune with the supernatural.
Apparently not lol.....Not saying I don't believe in them but I've never had a paranormal experience lol

But I don't put much stock into what that codger said, he would remind a person of Barny Phife if you ever met him lol

Apparently not lol.....Not saying I don't believe in them but I've never had a paranormal experience lol

But I don't put much stock into what that codger said, he would remind a person of Barny Phife if you ever met him lol
:eek:lol:

40....35....30....25....20....15....10....5....4....3....2...1....there are no flags on the field.........oh....what were we talking about again?

there was a summer several years back when i was a climbing guide and i had a fellow guide who was my right hand man came down with an illness and passed away in the same tent as me. i cared for this guy for several days and he finally caught a fever that would not break and had a seizure with a temp. of 107 degrees. we couldn't get him to the hospital in time. it turned out that a few weeks later that a tick had caused the illness. several days after he had passed his father and brother came to where we were and picked up his belongings and had asked us to burn some of his clothing. i thought it was different, but never the less we wanted to honor their wishes. we chose a spot where most of us used to hang out away from clients and relax on many occasions. it was calm that night and we could not find any dry wood to start a fire. we tried for close to an hour to get a fire started and had pretty much given up on the memorial. we sat back in the dark for probably 10 to 15 minutes staring at the fire pit which had absolutely no embers or any flame at all. out of nowhere there was a huge gust of wind that knocked our chairs over and ended up actually knocking some of the wood out of the pit. at that very moment the fire started with none of us within 20 feet of it. we all stood back and kind of stared at each other because we know that there was no way that that could have just happened. we immediately went over to the fire and put his clothes in the fire and as we each spoke about him, the wind would gust and the fire would get higher and higher. the freakiest part was when we were finished speaked the fire went out completely. a few days after that we all went down to his visitation and i have never personally, met his mother, but she came at me as i walked in the door and knew things about me that only he had known. she hugged and embraced me and actually spoke to me as she was him and basically thanked me for all that i had done to help him and care for him. i have never felt anything like that before and can't necessarily contribute the experience to something paranormal. but what happened is unexplainable to me and all of his other close friends that were there.

My uncle lived in a place outside Pittsburgh that he (and others) claim was haunted - it was an old mansion made into apartments. He said stuff would go missing all the time, lots of noises etc.

How were you to know? You did everything a friend would do if one were sick. No doubt he understood that.

i know it was not my fault, but that messed me up for a long time. still does. but thank you for the kind words there man. i have gone on to see some pretty horrible things as a guide and this was one of those situations that will always linger in my thoughts.

i know it was not my fault, but that messed me up for a long time. still does. but thank you for the kind words there man. i have gone on to see some pretty horrible things as a guide and this was one of those situations that will always linger in my thoughts.

I know it was hard for you, but thank you for sharing. Remember the good times with the one's closest to you, that's the way you would want your friends to think of you when its your time...I know I do:toast:

I never knew your job out west was that dangerous blu. Sorry to hear that, that's intense.

i have lot's of stories. all of them were intense and out of my hands but i don't guide much anymore because i found it hard to cope with people putting their lives in my hands and things like that happening. i guess i never went into that profession thinking these kinds of things could happen on my watch. but thanks again.

I know it was hard for you, but thank you for sharing. Remember the good times with the one's closest to you, that's the way you would want your friends to think of you when its your time...I know I do:toast:

thanks man. cheers to you as well and thank you for your continued service. i apologize if i turned this into a somewhat depressing thread for some. i just figured i would share one of my stories.

thanks man. cheers to you as well and thank you for your continued service. i apologize if i turned this into a somewhat depressing thread for some. i just figured i would share one of my stories.

It's all good brotha:good!:..I got a few stories from when I was in Bogota, Columbia.....but I would get banned from the nation:) man..man..man

VN Store

Back