1361 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Lawgator1 takes his ball and goes home and then brings it back: A Gator tradition Page 2. within the forum The Pub. Originally Posted by lawgator1 LOL, knew that was coming. Nah, I'll let someone like Steveogator take over. He seems a ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > The Pub

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Fear The Monarchs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgator1 View Post
LOL, knew that was coming. Nah, I'll let someone like Steveogator take over. He seems a decent sort. You'll have plenty of Gator trolls on here to argue with come Saturday night, I suspect.
if you're low on funds LG you could just sell your "The Bible is a Lie" book and your crack bowl. No need to cut the internet and leave the 'Nation.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

you'll be back to rub the 20 point loss in our faces

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Volmeister extraordinaire

Na na nana, hey hey, goodbye...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickemsmokey10 View Post
you'll be back to rub the 35 point loss in our faces

fyp
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, its been three years or so and 11,000 posts. I'm going to go ahead and call it a day here.

I've enjoyed it and even met a couple of you in person, all nice folks. I've learned a lot about UT tradition and gotten some good insights from Vols fans on football and other sports. Enjoyed the banter back and forth and discussion of things unrelated to athletics or even to our respective universities.

I've not been to UT. Been to Vandy and even to MTSU, but never to Knoxville. If I get the chance when up that way, I think I'll take a look around.

The Volnation is a great venue and the folks that run it should be proud. Thanks for letting me a part of it for so long.
I have quit once or twice. But really, nothing anybody says really matters to be honest. You are one of a few I actually respect. With all that education you honestly are gonna be bluffed off the nation. I catch myself wondering sometimes if some people on here actually need a background check . Just ignore the ignorant people that tick you off.It's Freak's site, so until he says otherwise, freaking stay dude! I know there's a few on here that try to run and ruin it. I think eventually they will be weeded out. One can only hope.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbake005 View Post
Yeah, but someone who can have a legit discussion and make legit points in an argument? a rarity.
I'll do my best, and even though I don't own a pair of jorts and don't wear Tebow pajama's I can handle the jokes, and would also love to talk some football
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Technical Difficulties

You'll be back....GatorNation.com would bore the hell out of you.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
That would never have happened (the guru thing, that is, lol). If it had, I'd have politely turned it down. I think that is something that should be limited to UT fans.

Tell you what. For what its worth, despite my current personal antagonism with him, I'd nominate BPV for that honor. By and large he knows what he's talking about and he certainly does his part to keep things moving in discussion. I don't get along with him, never would. But he deserves the honor.

I think the Volnation is strong enough not to need my guiding hand anymore. Go forth young grasshopper.
I've been saying BPV should be a MOD, but GURU would work, I agree. C'mon LG, there's a shortage of Libs on VN. stick around.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Haven't been here long enough to notice your posts but I have enjoyed seeing your avatar in threads every now and then.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Wave yo hands in the aiya

Quote:
That would never have happened (the guru thing, that is, lol). If it had, I'd have politely turned it down. I think that is something that should be limited to UT fans.

Tell you what. For what its worth, despite my current personal antagonism with him, I'd nominate BPV for that honor. By and large he knows what he's talking about and he certainly does his part to keep things moving in discussion. I don't get along with him, never would. But he deserves the honor.

I think the Volnation is strong enough not to need my guiding hand anymore. Go forth young grasshopper.
FWIW, I don't view us as antagonists. You know I enjoy the back and forth.

IMO, we get along fine, but I'd certainly never let you think that. It's who I am.

Get over it, hitch up your jorts and get back in there. You're a part of the fabric of this joint as much as anyone else is, but don't expect us to make that plain on a regular basis.

Here again, I'm gonna cry.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

LG, i agree with tilidie... You are someone here i absolutely respect, and someone's posts i notice and enjoy reading, even if they are.. right about things that upset me...

Just stay, or i'll fight you or something.

won't you feel sad when you know there is a big discussion and someone just posted "man, i bet LG would've had good input here..."
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Technical Difficulties

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaVol View Post
FWIW, I don't view us as antagonists. You know I enjoy the back and forth.

IMO, we get along fine, but I'd certainly never let you think that. It's who I am.

Get over it, hitch up your jorts and get back in there. You're a part of the fabric of this joint as much as anyone else is, but don't expect us to make that plain on a regular basis.

Here again, I'm gonna cry.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
This just totally ruined your "Henceforth" thread.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevogator View Post
I'll do my best, and even though I don't own a pair of jorts and don't wear Tebow pajama's I can handle the jokes, and would also love to talk some football
Me saying that wasn't a shot at you at all.. you were mentioned in the post, but i was referring to the trolls. My fault, not a negative thing towards you a bit.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevogator View Post
So you admit to sporting a mullet.
kptvol is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
I ain't dead yet *****

I used to wonder why LG posted so much here... then I looked at some of the Gator boards and figured it out.

You know you'll be back.
When you're a Vol fan you're already halfway to heaven. You are expected to dress louder, yell louder, spend more, suffer more, exult more and care more. You usually go everywhere the team goes. You mix and mingle with friend and foe alike. You revel in victory and die in defeat. But either way, you always come back for more. - Russ Bebb
Reply With Quote TOP