Wearing a jersey in public . . . What say you? (Split topic)

PowerT83

Somewhat sober
Yep, Im debating on what Jersey to pick up this season a Jerod Mayo jersey, Hines Ward, or Patrick Willis. I would hate to walk into a sports bar down here in Tennessee with a Mayo jersey, because im sure some toothless, inbred hick who claims to be Tennessee's biggest fan wouldnt even recognize the name

Yep, Im debating on what Jersey to pick up this season a Jerod Mayo jersey, Hines Ward, or Patrick Willis. I would hate to walk into a sports bar down here in Tennessee with a Mayo jersey, because im sure some toothless, inbred hick who claims to be Tennessee's biggest fan wouldnt even recognize the name

what??????

Guy over the age of 15 wearing a jersey in public should not worry so much about toothless, inbred hicks.

Guy over the age of 15 wearing a jersey in public should not worry so much about toothless, inbred hicks.

What the hell is the difference between wearing a t-shirt of the team you support or a jersey.

Somehow the offseason always comes back around to fashion.

So, what you're saying is, it's uncouth to wear a jersey because you wife won't like it?

what Im saying is that if you dont know the difference between a jersey and a t-shirt you're probably not married. Another thing, if you're wearing a jersey at something other than a game, then you are probably not married and under 30 years of age.

i have a buddy who will go up and ask for an autograph from any random jersey wearer he sees provided it's not game day.

So, what you're saying is, it's uncouth to wear a jersey because you wife won't like it?

No . . . It's just another case of a woman seeing what you are wearing and telling you that you are dressed like a goober in order to save you from yourself.

Personally, I don't have any jerseys but still don't get the goober connotation if somebody wants to wear one... :crazy:

It's purely personal preference. I'm sure there are things I wear that you would think are ridiculous. I just personally think that a guy over the age of about 20-25 wearing a jersey in public looks like a nimrod.

It's purely personal preference. I'm sure there are things I wear that you would think are ridiculous. I just personally think that a guy over the age of about 20-25 wearing a jersey in public looks like a nimrod.

agree 100%

precisely. if there's some guy at the grocery store wearing a jersey or is out on a random night at the bar, there's a pretty good chance my group is going to dog that guy and my one buddy will make fun of them to their face. at 6 foot 8, 330 it's pretty funny to see the reply people give him.

I am definitely in the no jerseys club, but my 4 yr old son has a slew of them and would disagree with us vehemently.

Granted, he has no idea who the jersey's represent or that basketball and football jerseys are entirely different.

I'm starting to feel a bit of a trend in my post.

i would add that an NBA jersey looks ridiculous if you wear it with a matching colored (or white) shirt underneath. it also looks ridiculous if you wear it without an undershirt, even if you have huge guns to show off because then you look like a meat head.

moral of the story: leave the basketball jerseys to the pros unless you're playing.

but then i'd probably dog whoever showed up to a pickup game in a jersey of an NBA player.

it has to do with how old you are. in college I wore my hat backwards all the time. at 38 I would feel like a huge tool doing the same thing.

VN Store

Back