Good evening nationals.....it's 10 pm local time, which means most of you are sleeping thru the middle of your night.
a few observations about cross country travel, in coach (it's been a few years since i've come out here):
1. You know it's just not your day when you sit down, and there's a 14 month old to your left, an 8 month old to the right, a 2 year old behind you.
2. I knew i was on a flight full of people going BACK to L.A. when i heard one of the passengers tell the flight attendant he needed to "bounce". i was supremely proud of said attendant when he replied, "bounce? you better sit down and shut up before i bounce you off this plane."
3. referring to 1 above, i have an 8 month old at home, and that didn't make me feel any more patient with other people's kids. that may be wrong, but it's simply the truth. I don't have to like your loud ass kids.
4. 5 1/2 hour flight with two week old magazines, the sunday paper and an ipod and the in flight movie leaves you with about 2 hours of solid "nothing to do time".
5. next time i'm sleeping on the plane. no matter what.
6. i didn't know you could see smog at night?
7. has John Cusack ever done a movie w/out his sister being in it, playing his sister?
8. I am having to spend the work week in California with what i could only say is the equivalent of John Candy's character in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", except w/out the happy ending. I literally had a conversation with him today where i never responded with more than a one syllable word, and it lasted for over a 1/2 hour.
9. the Vandy game is on at 6 tomorrow. at least i have an excuse for not having to eat dinner with 8 above.
10. it was much harder leaving my wife and daughter than it ever has been to simply leave my wife. that sounds a lot worse than i'm intending to.....
look forward to the return trip on Friday. y'all have a great day......Go Vols, Beat Vandy.