Coffee Aficionados?

volinbham

VN GURU
Just got this little gem tonight:

Aerobie® AeroPress(TM) Coffee & Espresso Maker

It's called the aeropress and costs about $25. Easy to use and wow what a cup of coffee. I made one tonight that was probably a bit too strong (why I'm still posting tonight!) but it was smooth as could be - not bitter at all. Way better than auto-drip and better than Starbucks type.

If you love a good cup of coffee - give it a try. Check out the reviews on Amazon if you don't believe me...

Trying this for the second time today. Made it a little weaker. First cup was better but this one is still better than regular coffee maker.

My former boss is a Coffee Aficionado, and he has now opened his own company Foothills Coffee

I only drink about 4 cups a week, but what little I do drink of his coffee its definitely better than most.

Been using this product for over a year now and I love it. I don't use my regular coffee maker anymore.

This thing really brings out the flavor with no bitterness. Good stuff.

Thanks for bringing this thread back from the dead. I am contemplating a purchase. I love coffee.

I drink somewhere between 5 and 14 cups of coffee a day. Perhaps I'll give the AeroPress a whirl, Bham. Danke.

Bham...they use those for flavored coffee at Ramseys in Lex. Ever try it when you were up here?

I recommend getting a thermal mug to make the coffee into. Keeps the temp even throughout since you have to make a new cup to "warm" it up the way you would by pouring out of a standard coffee pot.

I drink somewhere between 5 and 14 cups of coffee a day. Perhaps I'll give the AeroPress a whirl, Bham. Danke.

The only downside is you have to make it each time. Easy to do though.

I'm thinking about getting one for work. We have a water cooler that also dispenses hot water.

I'm a huge coffee drinker myself, that gadget looks neat. My brother-in-law orders his coffee on line. When I go to his house, my nephews always ask me, "did you come to drink our daddy's coffee".

I asked for one of these guys for Christmas. Everything I read about them says it truly makes one of the best cups of coffee. Which is not what I would expect when I look at the thing.

One question: at my office we have a water machine that puts out hot water. People typically just use it for tea. Is the AeroPress conducive to using at the office and do you think the hot water from a water machine acceptable to use for this?

I'm not snobby at all about what brand of coffee or how it was made, but I am a snob about creamer. I either go black, or I choose from about 4 different creamers. That's it. My wife is always getting the dumbest seasonal crap. White chocolate candy cane, and BS like that.

If you don't know, now you know:

k2-_784ce553-1f0a-402b-a820-2c9180c097ba.v1.jpg

I'm not snobby at all about what brand of coffee or how it was made, but I am a snob about creamer. I either go black, or I choose from about 4 different creamers. That's it. My wife is always getting the dumbest seasonal crap. White chocolate candy cane, and BS like that.

You don't like York Peppermint Patties? You're dead to me.

Coffee aficionados probably hate K-cups but I found one I actually like. It's called Jet Fuel. It tastes more like traditionally brewed coffee and it really gets you going as the name implies

I need to try that. I normally use Almond Joy or Hershey's flavored creamer.

I asked for one of these guys for Christmas. Everything I read about them says it truly makes one of the best cups of coffee. Which is not what I would expect when I look at the thing.

One question: at my office we have a water machine that puts out hot water. People typically just use it for tea. Is the AeroPress conducive to using at the office and do you think the hot water from a water machine acceptable to use for this?

1 - Yes conducive for the office. Easy to use, contained mess, easy to clean

2 - Depends on how hot the water is. I usually use hot water from the the sink and microwave it to near boiling. I think you are going for about 185 - 195 for optimal brewing.

It's real simple. Unscrew the bottom, stick a filter in, put the bottom back on, put some coffee in the tube, place over your cup, add desired amount of water, stir for about 10 seconds (or to your preference), put the plunger in and apply steady pressure until you've forced all the water through the bottom, lift the whole thing of the cup (the grounds are contained the water is out).

To clean just unscrew the bottom and push the plunger the rest of the way down. The grounds pop out like a hockey puck. You're done.

I still use mine at home every day and I have one at work I use sometimes.

VN Store

Back