Tennessee Whiskey or Kentucky Bourbon?

As much as I like Mr. Daniels, Maker's Mark is better, IMO.

If I didn't live in Tenn. I would say Crown and Beam is usually chaeper but I'll go with Jack b/c of my love for the state

For gameday, only Gentleman. And, when I say only Gentleman, I mean ONLY Gentleman.

ever since they changed the alcohol content of jack in the black from, what 90 proof, to 80, the same as the green label, i've lost a little 'spect for ole JD.

i still like it, and it's still my favorite "every day" (in the not so literal terms) bourbon.

but makers is by far better i must say.

the dickel white labels is good, but i do goofy stuff when i've drank that in the past.........

Springbank. That's the only word you need to know. From Campbeltown, in Scotland. It is the finest whisk(e)y distillery in the world.

It isn't cheap; for most of us even the lower-end Springbank is a little too expensive for regular Wednesday-night sipping (~$60/bottle for the 10-year, I believe). But it's what I carry into Neyland in my flask every time.

I am going to go with a little Canadian whiskey spruced with some peach schnapps...Southern Comfort.

VN Store

Back