Margarita's while you shop at Target

volmanbill

The future is bright
Staff member
At one store in Chicago, which is slated to open in October, customers could take a break from their shopping sprees and indulge in a drink (or three). According to Crain's Chicago, the new Windy City location applied for not one but two liquor licenses—one to sell packaged booze on its shelves and the other to serve beer, wine, and spirits from a bar inside the 24,000-square-foot space.

Target Wants to Make You a Cocktail While You Shop

Makes sense to me. I bet the return rates will be higher though.:)

Need to do this at walmart to deal with the people and the long lines due to 2 lines being open at the busiest part of the day

Reactions: 1 person
How does serving from your own bar in your own private property have anything to do with open container law?

Since I don't have intimate knowledge of Illinois state liquor laws I'm just guessing.

You're leaving the "bar" with an open container to walk around a family friendly store while you "shop". It's likely not going to happen. They might get a "Target bar" approved but it'll be a separate entrance from the main store and you won't be able to leave said bar with your drink. At that point the store will probably ditch the idea and just sell packaged liquor.

Since I don't have intimate knowledge of Illinois state liquor laws I'm just guessing.

You're leaving the "bar" with an open container to walk around a family friendly store while you "shop". It's likely not going to happen. They might get a "Target bar" approved but it'll be a separate entrance from the main store and you won't be able to leave said bar with your drink. At that point the store will probably ditch the idea and just sell packaged liquor.

So you've gone from it not being legal to Target not approving of how their own idea works. Interesting.

Reactions: 1 person
This won't get approved as Chicago is NOT an open container city.

Savannah, Butte, Memphis, Kansas City, Fredericksburg, New Orleans, Las Vegas are the few that are. Key West is on the list but it has to be in a container that isn't obviously alcoholic.
Drinking Made Easy – Where Can You Drink on the Streets in the US?

You are randomly meshing laws together. This is not that novel of an idea. I can do this at whole foods here in Atlanta. No where does it say they bought a permit that allows people to drink on the street.

So you've gone from it not being legal to Target not approving of how their own idea works. Interesting.

I just added that even though I didn't have to.

You are randomly meshing laws together. This is not that novel of an idea. I can do this at whole foods here in Atlanta. No where does it say they bought a permit that allows people to drink on the street.

It's pretty novel for Target of all stores.

I'll put money down on this not getting approved. We might not know for months but I'll stick to it.

I just added that even though I didn't have to.

It's pretty novel for Target of all stores.

I'll put money down on this not getting approved. We might not know for months but I'll stick to it.

You keep flopping as to why it won't happen. It's funny really. You are so matter of fact, I know it all with your statements, but there is no evidence to back the babble you're spewing.

You keep flopping as to why it won't happen. It's funny really. You are so matter of fact, I know it all with your statements, but there is no evidence to back the babble you're spewing.

I'm not flopping I just haven't said anything to you that is convincing and that's ok.

to be fair Memphis only has open containers allowed for like 2-3 blocks on 1 street lol

Yeah, I read that in the article I posted. I wasn't trying to hide details.

New Orleans though is straight up fun! Walk around with whatever drink you want. It's been closed for a while now but they used to have a 3 story Virgin records store in the Quarter and I got a 190 Octane frozen daiquiri at Fat Tuesdays and drink that thing while I was walking around the store getting buzzed, and listening to new music. Good times!

Yeah, I read that in the article I posted. I wasn't trying to hide details.

New Orleans though is straight up fun! Walk around with whatever drink you want. It's been closed for a while now but they used to have a 3 story Virgin records store in the Quarter and I got a 190 Octane frozen daiquiri at Fat Tuesdays and drink that thing while I was walking around the store getting buzzed, and listening to new music. Good times!

That sounds like a damn good time. Beale is really a shell of its former self. It's pretty sad. You'd think with sudden popularity of the Grizzlies that Beale would have made a resurgence.

That sounds like a damn good time. Beale is really a shell of its former self. It's pretty sad. You'd think with sudden popularity of the Grizzlies that Beale would have made a resurgence.

It's literally been like 12 years since I've been to Memphis.

wait another 12 years and maybe they'll finally be finished with construction at the 40/240 junction

I think in another 12 years there will be a wall built around Memphis to keep everyone outside of it safe. :)

This won't get approved as Chicago is NOT an open container city.

Savannah, Butte, Memphis, Kansas City, Fredericksburg, New Orleans, Las Vegas are the few that are. Key West is on the list but it has to be in a container that isn't obviously alcoholic.
Drinking Made Easy – Where Can You Drink on the Streets in the US?

they will probably have a small area ,with a waist high fence or wall or what ever you would call it,that says adults only and you wouldn't be permitted to walk out of it with a mixed drink

but you could slam 1 or 3 back,before you go shopping lol that will make it easier to use the ole plastic then :)

VN Store

Back